Pulled the plug, got the hair plucked

• 1 month later...

Hope things are looking good on your side, mate. Updates would be nice.

HT with Dr Radha - 30th June 2015

Total grafts: 3168 (1's: 930, 2's: 2090, 3's: 148 )

Total hair: 5554

Pre-op pics

My regime:

1mg Finpecia daily

Multivitamin tablet daily

Cod liver oil capsule twice a day

Minoxidil 5% solution (1ml) once a day

Nizoral Shampoo 1% (once a week)

Hey man!

Interesting case for me!

Im an Nw5A so my crown is not as big as yours but as i can see from the pics the crown stayed untouched so did mine :).

Ill be able to conceal it with Toppik or Dermmatch maybe thats something to look in for you to buddy!

Im 4 months 12 days POST OP and im finally out of the ugly duckling as i think youre too soon!

Looks overall good for 4 months from your pics!

Can you feel lots of stubbles everywhere when u touch your head?

I feel them and its kind of weird^^..

I wish you a good end result at the end of the day my friend.

Stay patient!

I know its hard but were sitting in the same boat at the exactly same time line.

So we should try to get our boat out of ;D

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

looking good dude, its a big improvement, I think you should let the top grow a little longer, it'll give you more of that density illusion, other than that, its looking to be a big success congrats.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

looking good dude, its a big improvement, I think you should let the top grow a little longer, it'll give you more of that density illusion, other than that, its looking to be a big success congrats.

Thanks a lot man, I hope there is more to come. I'd let it grow but unfortunately due to the curliness of my hair it looks fuzzy and due to work I have to trim it. nevertheless, so far i'm happy.

Just saw your progress, and man all I have to say I wow. good stuff.

The curly hair will go another month. I started using comb more frequently after 6th month and then it took another haircut to straighten things out in my case. Right now, I do not have curly hair. It is wavy, as it always used to be before the big fall.

Edit: Forgot to mention, the difference is huge between starting point and current point. You will always look at some points wishing it would be better if this/that was also there. But if you look at your pics and think in a realistic manner, you have achieved a lot. Congratulations and happy journey for the next months. :)

HT with Dr Radha - 30th June 2015

Total grafts: 3168 (1's: 930, 2's: 2090, 3's: 148 )

Total hair: 5554

Pre-op pics

My regime:

1mg Finpecia daily

Multivitamin tablet daily

Cod liver oil capsule twice a day

Minoxidil 5% solution (1ml) once a day

Nizoral Shampoo 1% (once a week)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
Hey man!

Interesting case for me!

Im an Nw5A so my crown is not as big as yours but as i can see from the pics the crown stayed untouched so did mine :).

Ill be able to conceal it with Toppik or Dermmatch maybe thats something to look in for you to buddy!

Im 4 months 12 days POST OP and im finally out of the ugly duckling as i think youre too soon!

Looks overall good for 4 months from your pics!

Can you feel lots of stubbles everywhere when u touch your head?

I feel them and its kind of weird^^..

I wish you a good end result at the end of the day my friend.

Stay patient!

I know its hard but were sitting in the same boat at the exactly same time line.

So we should try to get our boat out of ;D

Oh man, saw this post just now as i'm about to upload some latest pics. One of my colleagues who did HT and I wasn't aware of me showed me the toppik and I was amazed by it haha. Good luck man, patient game worth waiting.

Folks, apologize for the delay as my job keeps me up in the air compared to being on the ground.

I'm now 12 months post op and would like to thank once again the Hair Restoration Network community for all the support, guidance, feedback, dealing with my questions, suggestions and what not. Without your help this wouldn't have been possible at all for me and the confidence level that I've gained in my work and social life gives me a great feeling all the time.

I feel that I may have damaged some of the grafts around the crown area or I could be wrong looking at the transplant pics, but overall I'm extremely happy. Dr. Radha had asked me what i'm expecting and that's what she delivered.

I'm psyched to go for a second HT but not sure if should be FUT or FUE, i'm leaning towards going back to her next year to get the crown filled.

Attached are the pics....

IMG_9458.JPG.7db9d817aa51e1a307ddef343e3c13d7.JPG

IMG_9459.JPG.70c91a6d44f0d76ff4acf45a52f59335.JPG

IMG_9460.JPG.0904cf48a070db7cfc93fdfc3d6c5048.JPG

IMG_9464.JPG.020a51c0d1757cf664d17c401d494a8e.JPG

IMG_9462.JPG.e978d4bdb12d6633e4cdf323b47e7259.JPG

• Administrators

This is a very good result, considering you were almost completely bald, I can tell you have very thick coarse hair this is definitely a big plus you got working for you. I think you should do another FUT if you can, you already have a strip scar so you might as well grab as many grafts as you can in one sitting.

I wouldn't waste too many grafts on the crown, I would add more density to the hairline and midscalp, you also would benefit from adding some grafts to the lateral humps, you can see a demarcation line, some added grafts will definitely help blend your donor and your transplanted hair nicely so there's no gaps I feel this is more important than attacking the crown at this time, maybe once you've got that addressed then you could do another FUE and touch up the crown.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Yea, that's the feedback I've been getting from others too at my work and specially my clients, everyone who sees me says I've lost weight or gained, one time I trimmed so low that the scar was visible, and only a person who knows about HT can know about it.

I'll seriously consider about mid scalp area.

So if I do another FUT at the same scar, it won't go deeper or it will stay the same?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the update. You have had a good growth. Try using Toppik for even thicker hair. Also reconsider your decision on using Finasteride. You could go for a second HT, with focus on thickening the front and mid scalp and also some in the crown. After your second HT with FUT, you could go for a FUE for the final touches.

Thanks for the update. You have had a good growth. Try using Toppik for even thicker hair. Also reconsider your decision on using Finasteride. You could go for a second HT, with focus on thickening the front and mid scalp and also some in the crown. After your second HT with FUT, you could go for a FUE for the final touches.

Yea I'll consider Toppik, but not to keen on Finasteride. I think i'll be going for second HT next year, most probably FUT once again :)

Congratulation HairNetworker00,

You have a great result. I am sure you will look terrific after the second op.

I am pleasantly surprised by the area covered by 4k grafts. Do you happen to know the area (in cm2) that was transplanted?