Reconstruction of a crown area through FUE – performed by Dr. Feriduni – 1408 FU

Follicular Unit Transplantation performed on a 30 year old Caucasian male with:

- Isolated vertex hair loss

- Donor density of ~70-80 FU/cm2 in the occipital region and ~60-70 FU/cm2 in the temporal region

- Hair diameter of ~64-74 microns

Treatment plan:

A Follicular Unit Extraction to add density to the crown area.

Performed procedure (September 25th, 2013):

A Follicular Unit Extraction with 1408 FU in a single day session

* 1408 double and triple hair FU ("Cherry-picking-technique)

Extraction performed with a 0,90 mm FUE punch with Versi handle™.

Parallel incisions (single and double units) were made in custom-sized blades technique (~Cutting Edge blades of 0,85 mm).

I generally do not advise a crown reconstruction in patients younger than 35 but since this patient only suffered from minor hair loss and since his donor situation was still intact, I made an exception after informing him about the possible risk on future hair loss.

Dr. B. Feriduni

1.jpg.8705e161e374a5d060e14afc2cf03a23.jpg

2.jpg.5cc5ddbd5b5d11664b58c372c6b44a1a.jpg

3.jpg.3c7b6c4ba56d6df04bed86f4bda6e075.jpg

4.jpg.cd2ae1fcd902b576f1f331881e778bfb.jpg

5.jpg.5bdbba08b470bd3651881ad706921981.jpg

6.jpg.be7681232780d1b36c15b95e2f1861ec.jpg

7.jpg.fa57aeea7cd250d299ae911a62233ec2.jpg

8.jpg.1e1156fdefb7abc4c4c5ddcd9cfae022.jpg

9.jpg.0a468c137532d61e7ec75e5580b703be.jpg

10.jpg.b010f66269537d72672089762ca3ed8f.jpg

11.jpg.b009e7047aab90b33e86e19e72960d54.jpg

12.jpg.a3aa97c7e22b88aa7c185cc00f505e61.jpg

Really like this result , Can someone please explain why it takes so many grafts to restore the vertex area ? Has this vertex been restored to full density or is this an illusion of density ? I have attached a pic of my current vertex situation , been on meds for 4 years with no further loss , how many grafts do you think I require ? Thanks

image.jpg.b4d4f4ea4309f37ec9e68018738dcdee.jpg

I would have thought the same result could have been had with half that many grafts. Especially given his seemingly favorable hair quality.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

jus goes to show if u want density in the crown it will require quite a few grafts to pull that off. pretty much looks like he has a full head of hair now with zero indication of balding.

Really like this result , Can someone please explain why it takes so many grafts to restore the vertex area ? Has this vertex been restored to full density or is this an illusion of density ? I have attached a pic of my current vertex situation , been on meds for 4 years with no further loss , how many grafts do you think I require ? Thanks

You can put as many grafts they're as you was to. At full original density you're looking at a lot of grafts. To plant at fifty grafts per cm2 it takes around 5k grafts to cover the size of a CD.

Looking at your has, I'd advise against much restoration in the crown as you still have a lot left to lose also, it looks like you have fine hair, so, if you can save your hair for the front, I would.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Beautiful work!

To address the crown issue ...

There is a reason why HT surgeons call the crown "the black hole." It takes a LOT of grafts to rebuild it adequately, and it's always expanding in a circular manner. This runs the risk of creating an unnatural "island" of hair, which makes surgeons nervous as well. Usually, these grafts are better suited for more visible areas of the scalp. However, and like Dr F said, this patient seems like a good candidate, and the results are excellent.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Awesome work and great to see an fue crown case up

"The road to success is always under construction"

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

2800 Grafts to frontal 1/3

By Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Hair-A-Gain Generic Minox: x2 Daily 13 years

(Applied wet in mornings)

Other Random products put to use during my hair loss battle (not in use):

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo

Various Herbal supplements

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Laser Treatments (Epic Fail)

10 long years of HT and general HL research.:cool:

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*

Hi all , thanks for your info regarding crown restoration , so even though I am on meds and 34 you would still say to approach concervatively ? Dr lorenzo has offered to put in 500 3 hair grafts to allows to stop using concealers back there and also rebuild my hairline with 1800 conservative butterfly design , the turkish docs want to put 1000 grafts into my crown ?!?!? Any further advice or opinions would be greatly received :) don't like to hijack threads but it seemed reasonably relevant to my situation , also I sent pictures in to dr feriduni but was told my pictures weren't adequate :(