Eye/hairline contact

How Many off you experience that people you talk to face to face Will change the eye contact up against you hair alot off times during a conversation?

I get it ALOT! And i hate that i dont know why it is.

I Think it is my forehead wrinkles or my silly comb Down with toppik in the hairline they look at.

Anyone Else is hit by it?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's probably not a good sign if people are staring at your hairline, the only reason people do this is there is something that appears out of the ordinary about it. I never stare at anyones hairline unless I either see a hair transplant or a scar visible.

I would use these instances to change what you are doing and see if these looks go away.

Well, to be honest, I don't know why you are using Toppik, But if it were me and I was looking at your hairline I would be wondering if you are wearing a toupee. And I'm guessing that's what others think when they see that thick, dense hairline.

If you combed your hair back and quit using Toppik I would bet money no one would look at your hairline.

Well, to be honest, I don't know why you are using Toppik, But if it were me and I was looking at your hairline I would be wondering if you are wearing a toupee. And I'm guessing that's what others think when they see that thick, dense hairline.

If you combed your hair back and quit using Toppik I would bet money no one would look at your hairline.

I use toppik because without it my hair look like This (see picture)

Actually maybe you are Right about the toupe.

1 time a custumer looked at me and startet looking up at my hair. And she actually paused the conversation and after 5 seconds she said oh im sorry your hair just looks so full.

And that is actually the first time EVER someone commented my hair in the 4-5 years i have had hairloss and used toppik.

The Reason i use toppik and style it like the first picture is because i have no hairline anymore, so it is the only Way i Can have a hairline ?

image.jpg.56d1fa42390b174044ad2db7b3c9c154.jpg

Imo, you look much better without product. My suggestion would be to grow the front and top out to 1.5 to 2 inches and have a good stylist "graduate" the sides and back. Use that term, they will know what you are asking for. A good haircut is a lot cheaper than another HT!

Imo, you look much better without product. My suggestion would be to grow the front and top out to 1.5 to 2 inches and have a good stylist "graduate" the sides and back. Use that term, they will know what you are asking for. A good haircut is a lot cheaper than another HT!

I Think my hair is Way to thin to make a style without using toppik.

It looks so bad.

I need another HT especially at the hairline

But im glad that you gave your opinion ?

From the pic it looks good to me.

The first two pictures?

And when you say, looks good. Do you mean that there is nothing Strange about my hair/hairline or my forehead wrinkles that would make you look at it a couple of times during a talk face to face?

Picture two looks like a normal young man with a short haircut. Picture one looks like a bald guy with hair painted on with a spray gun. I don't believe that you need another HT, just my opinion I could be wrong.

I don't see anything wrong with either pic, but I agree that if people are looking a lot you could be doing something wrong.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Picture two looks like a normal young man with a short haircut. Picture one looks like a bald guy with hair painted on with a spray gun. I don't believe that you need another HT, just my opinion I could be wrong.

What about This guy? Do you Also Think the same about him?

This is his Real hair and Many people have This haircut?

image.jpg.97981458449172771c2398a59ace336b.jpg

Edited by johnny2000

To be honest mate I think you look fine without toppik , you make a great job of using it though.

I'd grow the top bit out a inch or two and sweep to one side using a light holding spray , avoiding gel etc.

I can see why you would want a top up h/ t on the front to finish off , just my view as I have wrinkles like you but a full toppik hairline could look a bit suspect ...its how you feel comfortable though mate.

To be honest mate I think you look fine without toppik , you make a great job of using it though.

I'd grow the top bit out a inch or two and sweep to one side using a light holding spray , avoiding gel etc.

I can see why you would want a top up h/ t on the front to finish off , just my view as I have wrinkles like you but a full toppik hairline could look a bit suspect ...its how you feel comfortable though mate.

I want a touch up because i have no hairline.

The hairline i make with toppik is so combed in Many Strange directions to try to make a hairline, and i Also am not satisfied with that, but i cannot comb my hair back because my hairline is receded, tempels gone, AND diffuse hairloss ?

Check This pic, Then u must understand why i want another HT. ??

image.jpg.3a3f9c7b386ff17fe69368e179174ecd.jpg

Most of us would love this amount of hair.:D

I Think it is Hard for you guys to see how bad it is on the pictures.

The front is really really thin ?

But maybe it is something Else people are looking at. ?

Maybe it is my forehead wrinkles that really have become very bad the ladt couple of years.

Because of the stress that hairloss leads to and my failed surgery.

But Also from looking up on my own hair in the mirror all the time

• 2 weeks later...

Hey mate,

Pictures can be deceiving but I agree with others here ur hairline looks OK without the toppik. I would maybe just use the toppik behind the hairline, cos at the moment with the toppik it looks like a microphone and unnatural. If u actually look at guys with full heads of hair and great hairlines, there is always a bit of miniaturisation in the hairline. I think u should show your natural hairline. And use the toppik to reinforce just behind it. So it looks natural but also gives the illusion of density.

There are VERY few white guys that have the hairline you're going for. Also if u were 17/18 maybe it would look OK. But u need to have a realistic age appropriate hairline in order to trick people. It's like when you seen a guy in his 50s without a single grey hair, everyone knows instantly that they dye their hair...

Also the big thing is, don't let it get u down or stressed. I know hair loss is a very personal thing and what u see matters, but we are all hair loss sufferers who look out for this kinda stuff and we're all telling u it's not nearly as bad as u think it is.

What i am suspecting, is that it could be my forehead wrinkles that people tend to look up at.

Actually sometimes it is not only looking. It is people stareing. And i feel like asking Them "what the F... Are you looking at"

I know it must be either the hairloss, toppik use/fake look or my forehead wrinkles, because thats the only things that has changed from when i was like 23-24 yrs old. (I am 30 now)

I have booked with lorenzo to get my hairline fixed. He thinks around 1200-1300 grafts.

I just pray that This time they Will grow ?

I think your being over sensitive.

Peoples eyes drift off the best of times & more often nothing to do what you may be thinking.

Saying that tho ...more often as most of us on here take a little more attention to guys hair to ask all kind of questions in our own minds...such as ...has that guy had HT? Is that a hair pc, has he got topic on his scalp, I wish I had his full thick hair, blah blah blah for guys like us we can't help but to look & question things.

Now the females of this world....they just scan the whole thing from top to bottom almost like they are looking for faults...seems a bit harsh but that's the way I feel anyways.

How hair makes a guy feel so insecure & all it is mind playing tricks on you.

Hope Dr L can put your mind at rest a liitle bit.

Good luck.