Horrible results

It has been 1 year

MD claim 1500 grafts

I called him out on it. Probably no more than 700-800

Combination of Strip and FUE.

Completed by recommended MD on this page.

Negligence?

Technique?

Actions?

This was a waste of time and money. Now I have a scars with no results.

Last two pics are my starting pic.

Check my blog for pics after the surgery for comparison as well.

P102017333333.jpg.ff7f25af2358b8e82daf83dd2e93bbb0.jpg

P102017022222.jpg.e79447e213d30b371336d9d8fc5bd78b.jpg

P102017544444.jpg.c631b06a162f9a2742ae149ddbd59144.jpg

P102017665555555.jpg.1df90a74de6df990ab74743e39d27f04.jpg

P10201761111111111111.jpg.384d24f176ab5be889826b40d925984e.jpg

start.jpg.d4a127326afcec5d189481577ca639da.jpg

start2.jpg.0793fdf16ed8168572883991542fe947.jpg

Edited by LasVegas2Orangecounty
more info

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep las Vegas I'm sure thats not the result you or the dr were expecting.

It happens but when it becomes a common accurance with a doc recommended here this is why people ask straight away who the doc is to see if it is happening regularly.

Please let us know when you have heard back off the dr as to what he intends to do moving forward from this result.

Have a good weekend

do you mean 700-800 graft has grown ? or your all transplanted graft died?

and you saying your last 2 pics are your starting pic.do you mean these 2 last pics before fue ht?

The whole combo factor of FUE and strip is very bizarre at 1500 Grafts?

"The road to success is always under construction"

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

2800 Grafts to frontal 1/3

By Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Hair-A-Gain Generic Minox: x2 Daily 13 years

(Applied wet in mornings)

Other Random products put to use during my hair loss battle (not in use):

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo

Various Herbal supplements

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Laser Treatments (Epic Fail)

10 long years of HT and general HL research.:cool:

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*

well, first of all the immediate after pics look terrible. looks like old plugs. u definitely did NOT get 1500 grafts but even if u did I wud highly doubt the graft survivability wud hav equaled 1500 grafts. either way its a failure. ur not the first and u won't b the last.

unskilled surgeons like whoever ur protecting for watever ridicules reason often transect many grafts while attempting to remove them either due to using the wrong instrument and simply not having the skill to perform it without damaging other hairs.

why the hell wud he do FUT and FUE with 1500 grafts? after hearing that u shud hav walked I mean RUN out the door. it just amazes me in this day and age that a surgeon cud be so incompetent.

sry bout the scars for nothing but thats the downside to FUT. I wud say next time do ur research and ask ppl up here where u shud go vs. deciding on ur own which can and obviously was a poor decision. hopefully u still have adequate donor supply.

ur certainly not too far gone. u need another 1500 grafts.

do you mean 700-800 graft has grown ? or your all transplanted graft died?

and you saying your last 2 pics are your starting pic.do you mean these 2 last pics before fue ht?

I think nothing survived..and lost native hair as well. +FUT /FUE scar.

The last 2 pics on the bottom row...are my starting out pictures before any surgeries. Pre-op pics.

well, first of all the immediate after pics look terrible. looks like old plugs. u definitely did NOT get 1500 grafts but even if u did I wud highly doubt the graft survivability wud hav equaled 1500 grafts. either way its a failure. ur not the first and u won't b the last.

unskilled surgeons like whoever ur protecting for watever ridicules reason often transect many grafts while attempting to remove them either due to using the wrong instrument and simply not having the skill to perform it without damaging other hairs.

why the hell wud he do FUT and FUE with 1500 grafts? after hearing that u shud hav walked I mean RUN out the door. it just amazes me in this day and age that a surgeon cud be so incompetent.

sry bout the scars for nothing but thats the downside to FUT. I wud say next time do ur research and ask ppl up here where u shud go vs. deciding on ur own which can and obviously was a poor decision. hopefully u still have adequate donor supply.

ur certainly not too far gone. u need another 1500 grafts.

I'm waiting for the surgeon to respond to my email. After that I will named the surgeon. And go from there. I have lost all confidence in this surgeon's ability.

Agreed. I`d like the physician to elaborate on the approach only :confused:

He was pushing for FUT. I prefer FUE. That's when he proposed FUT/FUE. Looking back, I should have walked out when he proposed this procedure, versus undergoing the procedure. If this is not the standard of care, it should have not been offer.

Do you know how many grafts he extracted via the strip, and how many via FUE?

He wasnt able to tell me.

More FUT than FUE looking at the pic after surgery. I counted the FUE scab from the donor site...subtracted from the possible placement of 700-800 (although he claim 1500). 300 FUE/400 FUT.

Hmm.. I ain`t got the time for that, but considering the question how many grafts got placed, I guess you could simply count them based on the immediate after op picture(s). Just print a picture out and make a dot with a permanent marker/an edding or whatever on each graft, or do it in Photoshop or such.. Then you know, you know ;)

I`m curious what other members and foremost the surgeon have to say in regards to this case in general..

Hmm.. I ain`t got the time for that, but considering the question how many grafts got placed, I guess you could simply count them based on the immediate after op picture(s). Just print a picture out and make a dot with a permanent marker/an edding or whatever on each graft, or do it in Photoshop or such.. Then you know, you know ;)

I`m curious what other members and foremost the surgeon have to say in regards to this case in general..

I didnt mean for you to do it. That;s how I arrived at the number 700-800 graft. I did exactly that in my after surgery pic (counting dots)....and why I called out the surgeon on that. =-)

Well then you can prove it, and from the physicians side there actually is no point in denying it.. I even have no words.. Just wow! This deserves attention. I wonder how this gets ressolved. I expect clarification on all this, and after this conduct, I don`t see how the physician could remain recommended/coalition doc, even (or in fact especially) if it`s about so much money to be on here...

There are just so many things that are wrong in this case!