Horrible results

Well then you can prove it, and from the physicians side there actually is no point in denying it.. I even have no words.. Just wow! This deserves attention. I wonder how this gets ressolved. I expect clarification on all this, and after this conduct, I don`t see how the physician could remain recommended/coalition doc, even (or in fact especially) if it`s about so much money to be on here...

There are just so many things that are wrong in this case!

This is my concern. If this is a coalition doctor then maybe we should reconsider the credibility here.

I think this case deserves some explanation on method and plan. I don't know the doctor would do both FUE and FUT. And the plan doesn't seem solid anyway.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just find it hard to understand this procedure plan.

By doing a fut/fue combo he has taken away the advantage that one method has over the other and in such a small procedure I just don't get the logic behind this approach.

If this procedure had been a success we would not know about it so the dr might well of used this approach many times with great results.

I think dr Karadeniz does fut/fue combos ( I may be incorrect ) and like I say I just don't get the benefits of it.One technique or the other is what most top drs do as the norm but as we all know fue was once not the norm but is now a standard procedure practice the world over with some outstanding results.

If this dr was aiming for a high graft number then it would be a little more understandable but 1500 grafts I don't get it!

It will be interesting to see what the drs response is to the result and it would be interesting if he were to come here and explain his approach in this case.

Hopefully the thread starter can get his money back because he paid for a result not a resulting scar and decrease in donor density.

Have a good day

Very tragic. Hope your issue is taken care of. So, this is what a recommended doc chose to do?

FTC please review.

Yes. He's the surgeon, so I felt he knew what was best for me. He was pushing more of FUT. I prefer FUE. He recommended FUT/FUE procedure. I concur...believing it was the best option. He executed the procedure.

Looking back, I dont even think this is consider the standard of care.

18660.jpg.62e928fe383cdcb1dd62bb7e8815f4ff.jpg

I just find it hard to understand this procedure plan.

By doing a fut/fue combo he has taken away the advantage that one method has over the other and in such a small procedure I just don't get the logic behind this approach.

If this procedure had been a success we would not know about it so the dr might well of used this approach many times with great results.

I think dr Karadeniz does fut/fue combos ( I may be incorrect ) and like I say I just don't get the benefits of it.One technique or the other is what most top drs do as the norm but as we all know fue was once not the norm but is now a standard procedure practice the world over with some outstanding results.

If this dr was aiming for a high graft number then it would be a little more understandable but 1500 grafts I don't get it!

It will be interesting to see what the drs response is to the result and it would be interesting if he were to come here and explain his approach in this case.

Hopefully the thread starter can get his money back because he paid for a result not a resulting scar and decrease in donor density.

Have a good day

Thanks 1966kph!

I spoke with surgeon today. He is going over my pictures. Pre-op, after surgery, and the recent pictures in my first post.

I will be posting the surgeon name by tomorrow. I know his office manager has post before and after pics here before. I hope this never happens to anyone else. He should never do this procedure.....

Full Transparency.

I will be requesting a full refund..once he views my pictures..and digest the information....he will realize that this case was an ultimate failure...resulting in loss time, money, and disfigurement/scar...with no gain. So I will have the final answer by next week...which is a fair time frame.

Thanks for the support

In order for HRN to maintain credibility for it's recommended doctors as well as the site itself, the moderators must get involved in a case such as this one, contact the physician involved and request that he post a explanatory response.

I agree hairware that would be the ideal way this would,should work.

Have a good day.

In order for HRN to maintain credibility for it's recommended doctors as well as the site itself, the moderators must get involved in a case such as this one, contact the physician involved and request that he post a explanatory response.

Just out of curiousity, have any HTN owners/employees ever gone after a doctor harshly (in defence of a patient) as a result of a sub par result that has left a patientin limbo, disfigured, poor result?

I mean aggressively pursue a paying doctor and criticize them harshly in defence of a patient that clearly had a sub par result? or has it been the forum member patient that questioned the result to be scolded to even insiniuate a sub par failed result, ultimately resulting in further discussion or locked thread? I am wondering how exactly does the forum remedy a patients sub par result? I know they mediate but the doctor profits monetarily from the start vs the patient who is left in a retouch limbo, rarely refund.

I really hope things are remedied for this guy that got a taste of two different types of surgeries, this preventing him from shaving his head?

Edited by Sean
FTC please review.

Sean, realistically and practically that is not the role of the Network. Since it is primarily a marketing network for physicians and a free information source for patients, in order to maintain it's value for both parties, the moderators should "moderate" these cases and disinvite any physician whose work does not meet the quality standards previously set forth.

The physician has no obligation to respond on this forum, but if he wants any hope of salvaging his reputation once his name is released, it would be wise for him to prepare a professional response to this case.

This is not a marketing network for doctors. This is a forum "Created by and for Patients". To me, that means doctors are second to patients on this forum.

I think this case linked below I believe should be a lesson to us all what drs here are capable of getting away with.Nobody actually knows who he is and just on that basis I would not want to go to a doc in the states who knows you could be sitting in this docs chair.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/177864-what-happens-when-donor-site-left-open.html

Roll up roll up any one want to play the fut scar lottery?

Have a good day and be lucky

Just out of curiousity, have any HTN owners/employees ever gone after a doctor harshly (in defence of a patient) as a result of a sub par result that has left a patientin limbo, disfigured, poor result?

I mean aggressively pursue a paying doctor and criticize them harshly in defence of a patient that clearly had a sub par result? or has it been the forum member patient that questioned the result to be scolded to even insiniuate a sub par failed result, ultimately resulting in further discussion or locked thread? I am wondering how exactly does the forum remedy a patients sub par result? I know they mediate but the doctor profits monetarily from the start vs the patient who is left in a retouch limbo, rarely refund.

I really hope things are remedied for this guy that got a taste of two different types of surgeries, this preventing him from shaving his head?

I think this case linked below I believe should be a lesson to us all what drs here are capable of getting away with.Nobody actually knows who he is and just on that basis I would not want to go to a doc in the states who knows you could be sitting in this docs chair.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/177864-what-happens-when-donor-site-left-open.html

Roll up roll up any one want to play the fut scar lottery?

Have a good day and be lucky

Photo doesn't look 'real' to me...I mean, the photo may be real, but it was probably taken in the Dr. office right after the strip was removed. I could never believe someone is sent home this way with such little consultation or care as the OP describes. Looks like an FUT hater to me posting a scare pic...especially since he will not name the doc.

I'll only believe it if I see and hear a lot more about this one...

Please look again and closely hadenough I'm writing this on my phone so I cannot see the photos to clearly but from memory you can see the sutures still in the places were the site is closed.the photos are real as to whether the rest of the tail is true you make up your own mind.

Me I believe it to be true and one of my few talents is spotting bullshit.

Have a nice day

Photo doesn't look 'real' to me...I mean, the photo may be real, but it was probably taken in the Dr. office right after the strip was removed. I could never believe someone is sent home this way with such little consultation or care as the OP describes. Looks like an FUT hater to me posting a scare pic...especially since he will not name the doc.

I'll only believe it if I see and hear a lot more about this one...

LasVegas,

I'm very sorry to see that your hair transplant did not meet your expectation and, in fact, appear to be subpar given the number of grafts planned. I also agree that this appears to be an unusual approach.

've read through this entire post and, like everyone else, I'm waiting for the OP to divulge the physician's name so that we can provide him with the opportunity to discuss the case publicly.

In cases when patients have subpar results, we work to facilitate communication between both parties if necessary and try to assist the patient in finding a happy resolution. However, it's ultimately up to the patient and doctor to work out the details.

In cases where we feel that a recommended physician is no longer performing to our high standards, recommendation has been revoked.

Since the patient is already in communication with the physician regarding this case, the only thing we can do at this stage is wait to learn the doctor's name and allow him to share his side of the story.

Whatever the outcome, I hope you ultimately get the results you expected and deserve!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

This is getting more and more crazy: He only cutted halfway your scalp, not centralising the middle of the scar with axiall symmetry of your head. This is just crazy, as it will logically result in a completely unnecessary displacement of the common hair direction at the back of your head. A child would be able to recognize this :/ This surgeon didn`t... Potential future FUT procedures would require to consider and correct this lunacy when cutting your head open a second time, and due to the fault being done already, it would even be needed to cut your head open another time in order to correct the displacement. Plus the scar looks uneven horizontally as well, but that doesn`t even carry weight considering all the other faults..

Please excuse my harsh words, but I don`t even know what to say anymore, this is just very concerning to see from a recommended doc on here. I really don`t know what to say. A full refund is not everything I would expect and demand as a patient, I would be straight heading for a lawyer in this.

I also don`t understand why the moderators didn`t respond to this in the meantime. (EDIT: A mod actually did while I was writing..) The doc made every single fault one could even make. Whatever his name is, he as a surgeon is not worth a recommendation from anyone, let alone this reputable community. He will "go over the pictures". Lmao! That`s part of his job anyway, and if he would have done at least that bit, he could never have denied your statement that even way too few grafts got placed in the first place, while cheating you out of money, be it due to complete administrative and personal failure or consciously. And afterwards by denying it while you insisted on the graft count you had from the very clear pictures, he also accused you of being a liar, which is just an absolute effrontery! That`s what I mean by doing EVERYTHING wrong. Absolutely, total ethical and surgical fail in all matters! He really achieved to do everything wrong, from beginning to end. Great success!

I really feel with you, I`m angry myself even, and hope you get what you deserve in this.

This imo is not even a case to discuss. I mean, what`s to discuss? Yield rate would be something to discuss, and the surgeon could say, "well, it was the patients own physiology bla bla". But here?? It`s not that the procedure was just not successful as in all the other cases. If needed, I am glad to sum up all the inexcusable misconducts in this case. I hope also moderators and other members are able to see this. If not, again, I`m glad to sum it up. Just too many absolute no-gos for ANY surgeon, recommended or not...

Edited by Questionmark

This is getting more and more crazy: He only cutted halfway your scalp, not centralising the middle of the scar with axiall symmetry of your head. This is just crazy, as it will logically result in a completely unnecessary displacement of the common hair direction at the back of your head. A child would be able to recognize this :/ Potential future FUT procedures would require to consider and correct this lunacy when cutting your head open a second time, and due to the fault being done already, it would even be needed to cut your head open another time in order to correct the displacement. Plus the scar looks uneven horizontally as well, but that doesn`t even carry weight considering all the other faults..

Please excuse my harsh words, but I don`t even know what to say anymore, this is just very concerning to see from a recommended doc on here. I really don`t know what to say. A full refund is not everything I would expect and demand as a patient, I would be straight heading for a lawyer in this.

I also don`t understand why the moderators didn`t respond to this in the meantime. (EDIT: A mod actually did while I was writing..) The doc made every single fault one could even make. Whatever his name is, he as a surgeon is not worth a recommendation from anyone, let alone this reputable community. He will "go over the pictures". Lmao! That`s part of his job anyway, and if he would have done at least that bit, he could never have denied your statement that even way too few grafts got placed in the first place. Btw by this he also accused you of being a liar, which is just an absolute effrontery! That`s what I mean by doing EVERYTHING wrong. He really achieved to do everything wrong, from beginning to end. Great success!

I really feel with you, I`m angry myself even, and hope you get what you deserve in this.

This imo is not even a case to discuss. I mean, what`s to discuss? Yield rate would be something to discuss, and the surgeon could say, "well, it was the patients own physiology bla bla". But here?? It`s not that the procedure was just not successful as in all the other cases. If needed, I am glad to sum up all the inexcusable misconducts in this case. I hope also moderators and other members are able to see this. If not, again, I`m glad to sum it up. Just too many absolute no-gos for ANY surgeon, recommended or not...

When I initially read this post, i overlooked the fact that this was a recommended physician. However, given that the OP has not yet mentioned the doctor's name, there isn't anything we can do at this stage.

If LasVegas would care to contact me privately with the doctor's name, I would be happy to contact him on his behalf and request that the doctor post a response to this rhread.

You can always PM me or email me at service@hairtransplantnetwork.com

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Thank you David, it`s highly appreciated. This is not my case (fortunately), but I just feel alienated by this case. This should not happen on here. I would feel angry if someone came on here and would tell this story and show these pics telling he fell victim to some butcher in central China.. But I don`t expect it from a recommended surgeon. This forum and the quality of its surgeons, the whole concept, used to mean something to me.. It seems I am not the only one, so I`m glad I`m not alone here trying to tilt at windmills..

Everybody is striving towards perfection these days, and this used to be the standard of this page anyway. Faults can be made, but proving to be unqualified in all aspects for even minimum, not forum-required standards is not a fault, it`s just complete failure.

LasVegas, what a dreadful, stressful ordeal for you. Your surgeon deserves to be lined up and shot for that baffling combination of techniques alone.

I don't know why you won't name the surgeon but if it's because you intend to show him this forum discussion and the weight of opinion in order to get a refund, I think you're doing the right thing. Good luck with it.

PS If anyone but a moderator asks you for those surgeons details by personal message (PM), tell them to piss off. There are one or two douchebags out there who can't respect people's wishes to keep personal information private.

The surgery was completed by Dr Michael Meshkin in Newport Beach, CA. He is on the recommended physician list.

Date of Surgery 14 Feb 2014.

Is FUT/FUE at the same time the standard of care?

Asymmetrical incision line?

1500 grafts per the provider. I say no more than 700-800 grafts

Donor grafts are gone forever.

I have no words.

FUT+FUE is not a common combination, but it is done for patients who need to move a lot of grafts at once, so they take a big strip, and then do FUE at the same time. I do not see why it would be needed for a 1.5k graft case.

Thanks for everyone's comments on this topic. Now that we know who the operation physician is, we have contacted him and encouraged him to comment.

Before drawing any conclusions or making judgments, it's crucial that we hear the operation physician's side of the story as well as the patient's. Thus, let's give him a chance to reply and then we can begin to draw conclusions.

I'm inclined to agree a combination of FUT/FUE for only 1500 grafts seems unusual. However, physicians typically have their reasons for various approaches, so I think we should reserve judgment until we hear his detailed explanation.

Best wishes,

Bill

As said in the Dr. Dua recommendation thread, I`m leaving this site. Thus, I will not comment on this thread anymore, but I will have a look on how things develop. All the best to you all, especially the OP, I hope you get what you deserve, and I hope the doc will as well. Bye