Joe "Jotronic" Tillman now independent

Hi everyone,

Over the past several months I've gotten many emails inquiring as to my whereabouts and what I'm up to. Some of you have noticed that I've not been posting in an official capacity for the Rahal clinic for some time now and this is because these duties were given over to another team member while I worked on a project behind the scenes.

Now, however, I am no longer associated with Dr. Rahal or the Rahal Hair Transplant clinic. I've got ideas and plans that require I be independent and my departure has nothing to do with the quality of the work of Dr. Rahal. What I learned during my short tenure has been very valuable indeed and I'm grateful for the opportunity that was given to me. I still think he's a fantastic HT surgeon and I wish him and his team well.

My website remodel will be complete soon and, with luck, it will be unique and very useful for those looking for transparent and honest information.

Thank you,

Joe

Good luck

I see a need for a totally independent, experienced consultant with broad knowledge who could recommend clinics/docs based on patient needs, expectations, current hair and budget etc..

A consultant who refuses compensation or sponsorships from clinics, but instead takes a fee from potential patients.

Research takes time and mistakes will be regretted or may rquire futher work & costs, therefore as a potential HT patient I could imagine paying $300 for a detailed individual report.

Good luck

I see a need for a totally independent, experienced consultant with broad knowledge... I could imagine paying $300 for a detailed individual report.

You can send me $300 now, and I promise I will recommend a suitable surgeon .

Totally independent is an oxymoron, but Joe might give you the good oil anyway.

Thanks, guys. I need to clarify that currently I am independent but it does not mean I won't work with a doctor/clinic in the future. I'm open to the prospect but if I do, it will be on a different level than what I have done in the past. Once my site is relaunched it will be more clear what I'm doing.

Joe good luck on your new ventures. Will you be having a forum as well?

Research takes time and mistakes will be regretted or may rquire futher work & costs, therefore as a potential HT patient I could imagine paying $300 for a detailed individual report.

In theory this sounds great. But realty is a different thing. If you ask 100 independent adviser an opinion on your hair situations you will probably get 100 different answers.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Sure but do we have that many truly independent advisors ?

I never encountered even one, perhaps I am missing them or they are unknown here

The ones we often hear from are mostly going to promote the clincs & type of work which they are associated with

You can get a lot of good (and bad) advice for free. I'm interested to see what Joe's plans are.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Best of luck to you Joe, you truly are a one of a kind for guys on and off the board.

"The road to success is always under construction"

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

2800 Grafts to frontal 1/3

By Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Hair-A-Gain Generic Minox: x2 Daily 13 years

(Applied wet in mornings)

Other Random products put to use during my hair loss battle (not in use):

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo

Various Herbal supplements

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Laser Treatments (Epic Fail)

10 long years of HT and general HL research.:cool:

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*

• 1 month later...

Time for an update.

**Mods, if my link is considered in violation of the rules please let me know but there is no service being sold nor money being made.**

After a LOT of hard work I have finally completed Welcome to Hair Transplant Mentor - Hair Transplant Mentor

A few things that set my site apart from other independent sites are:

1.) Everything is free. I'm not charging anyone for the work I put into the site nor the options I'm offering.

2.) I have developed the very first hair transplant toolkit. This includes three modules.

A. The most comprehensive terms & definitions on the web, all hand written by me. I did not copy and paste my information.

B. The first ever hair transplant clinic interview form. This is the part that can be downloaded in PDF format, printed out, and taken into any clinic. If your doctor or consultant doesn't want to answer these questions, you should walk out. Period. This will be updated as is necessary. It includes a sheet for taking notes during the consultation.

C. The first ever second opinion service or "SOS". Once a patient has had a consultation with a clinic, either online or in person, I'll give my opinion on the recommendation and help to decipher the information. Photos will have to be uploaded and the consultation form given to the patient will also have to be uploaded so I can review everything that was said. I will not be answering questions about someone's case without this information. To do so would be a massive waste of time for both parties.

Modules B and C require membership to use but again, it is free.

I'm not going to operate a forum because quite frankly, I have no interest in doing so. There is one small forum on the site but it is for asking questions directly to me. I'll leave the forums to the guys that are already running them. I know what is involved and for that they have my respect.

I will be offering exclusive videos as well that will help to explain the questions in the Hair Transplant Clinic Interview Form so that when the questions are asked the user will know what kinds of answers they should get and what it means when they DON'T get the answers they should get.

I have more things planned but I won't discuss them yet. There will be more changes coming but for the most part, the site is done. I hope you like it but more importantly I hope you find it useful.

Site looks awesome Joe you must be very proud!

"The road to success is always under construction"

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

2800 Grafts to frontal 1/3

By Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Hair-A-Gain Generic Minox: x2 Daily 13 years

(Applied wet in mornings)

Other Random products put to use during my hair loss battle (not in use):

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo

Various Herbal supplements

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Laser Treatments (Epic Fail)

10 long years of HT and general HL research.:cool:

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*

Thanks! More information the better. Are you still going to contribute to this or other forums?

Hi Squatch,

Yes, of course I'm going to continue to contribute:) I'm not going anywhere. My website is simply another tool for patients to use for learning but it is set up in a way that no one else has done before as much of the information is from patient experience, having ten surgeries under my belt, and clinical experience, having dealt with literally thousands of patients. Most websites are set up from an outsider perspective, meaning, they may have been a patient of a clinic at one time but they haven't worked in any clinics. This is what allows me to have unique services such as the downloadable clinic interview form and the second opinion service I'm offering. No one has offered this before and certainly not for free.

Thanks everyone for the support. Aside from the design aspect I built everything myself and wrote every word. I'm tired!

The site looks great Joe, and the patient toolkit is something every prospective HT patient should take full advantage of!

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I just looked at the site and really don't understand wat ur trying to convey? I clicked on the clinics I like link and basically u say pick one with a strong record and one thats gonna meet a patients expectations. that kinda goes without saying doesn't it?

I wud hav thought u wud hav listed clinics that u prefer and why?

Busa,

I appreciate you taking the time to look at my website. The "clinics I like" section is a temporary section at the moment. The title will change in the future and it's purpose will be more obvious but if you read what is there now again it might be more clear. I'm not talking about what YOU should look for. I'm talking about what I'M looking for as qualities in clinics that I want to work with (not work for). This hasn't been my focus yet because I've been spending hours on end for the past few months typing all original content and putting together the Toolkit. However, if you can't see the rest of the website and figure out that patient education and empowerment is the overall theme then maybe it's not for you, and there is nothing wrong with that.

The site is new, the premise is young, but it is going to grow and mature with more tools never offered before. I have a unique position in the industry and I'm injecting my experience as a consultant and industry insider into the site to make it just as unique. It is already the most comprehensive documentation of one patient's experience as it has FORTY pages of images, showing different points in my progress time line and I'm combining this with the Toolkit and the blog into a more comprehensive resource for patients.

I'm not selling E-books, I'm not selling memberships. and I'm not selling consultations. I'm not selling anything, really. My experience, my tools and my input is free for anyone's use. I hope it is worth something to someone. Thank you again for visiting my website.

is this going to be FUE or FUT based since ur stating it pertains to YOUR experience? snds like a great idea tho.... thanx

Busa,

I appreciate you taking the time to look at my website. The "clinics I like" section is a temporary section at the moment. The title will change in the future and it's purpose will be more obvious but if you read what is there now again it might be more clear. I'm not talking about what YOU should look for. I'm talking about what I'M looking for as qualities in clinics that I want to work with (not work for). This hasn't been my focus yet because I've been spending hours on end for the past few months typing all original content and putting together the Toolkit. However, if you can't see the rest of the website and figure out that patient education and empowerment is the overall theme then maybe it's not for you, and there is nothing wrong with that.

The site is new, the premise is young, but it is going to grow and mature with more tools never offered before. I have a unique position in the industry and I'm injecting my experience as a consultant and industry insider into the site to make it just as unique. It is already the most comprehensive documentation of one patient's experience as it has FORTY pages of images, showing different points in my progress time line and I'm combining this with the Toolkit and the blog into a more comprehensive resource for patients.

I'm not selling E-books, I'm not selling memberships. and I'm not selling consultations. I'm not selling anything, really. My experience, my tools and my input is free for anyone's use. I hope it is worth something to someone. Thank you again for visiting my website.

is this going to be FUE or FUT based since ur stating it pertains to YOUR experience? snds like a great idea tho.... thanx
\

My personal surgical experience covers 6 strips, one strip revision, one FUE, two BHT's and three separate experiences with tricopigmentation (SMP) with two different practitioners. I've been blogging and documenting more than anyone, longer than anyone, and in more detail than anyone.

My professional experience includes dealing with thousands of patients, both online and in person and learning about their own experiences in and out of hundreds of clinics, both FUE and FUSS. Aside from that I have personal relationships with several doctors, again both FUE and FUSS, and many more patients of both disciplines. I hope that answers your question:)