My HTs with Dr Hasson & Dr Epstein

Hello everyone.

Just a quick note to say that I had my sutures removed yesterday. The district nurse had never seen an HT procedure before and she was quite impressed. Took about 15 minutes to remove everything. No pain whatsoever. My scalp feels a bit less tight now, thank God!!

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congrats Hairworthy,

Sounds like you're on your way to a smooth recovery..............hope you have some early sprouter's! Keep us posted with your progress.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

• 5 months later...

Hello my HT friends. Just uploaded the latest comparison picture. Things are going great, I can't believe how thick my hair looks now, considering the advanced thinning I had. Even in bright sunshine, you can't see my scalp. Great combination of my 2 surgeries with Dr Hasson and Dr Epstein.

As for the scar, all the tightness around the donor area has completely gone, Dr Epstein did a superb job. It now feels like it did before, like I never had any strip taken out.

In short, I am a happy bunny.

And Pat, I hope I can make it again to Fort Lauderdale this year, in which case dinner's on me ;-)

Looks great Hairworthy. My HT with Dr. Epstein was October 7, 2005. 2800 grafts in the front 1/3 where there were none before. I now essentially have a full looking head of hair, with only mild-normal looking recession for a guy my age (51). I too think it well worth the money and have never had a seconds regret for going through with the procedure. BTW, I too live in Florida so maybe I can make the next outing.

Hopingforhair no more. :-)

Hi hairworthy,

All I can say is wow, you started with a noticeable receeded hairline and you ended up with a head full of hair with no signs of MPB. You fall in the lucky category of not needing to deplete your entire donor supply to get a non MPB head - you must be ecstatic with the results. It looks like you finally got the results you had wished for, its just a pity that you had to start your journey with butchers in the UK, I am lucky to have found this forum as I was also close to having my HT in the UK as well.

I dont think Dr. Epstein gets the accolades he deserves on this forum, his results are always outstanding and his dedication to life changing pro bono work truly make him a remarkable human being. Its time like this I think that the UK/Europe really needs a world class doc like Epstein - its hard to believe that we still have to cross over to another continent just to get excellent results.

Hairworthy, it would be good if you can provide clearer pictures of your new hairline. The more pictures we have of the outstanding results that can be achieved by world class docs, the better!

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

Hairworthy,

Thanks for the updated look. Scrolling through your journey..........I know you'll agree that it's been a worthwhile trip! Looks like it has really turned out nice. Very, very natural and full. Looks great! I'm envious.

You've added a great deal to the forum over the years. Thanks so much to the assistance and direction you've provided to me and countless others here. I hope to see you posting again in the future.................you and your guidence/experiences/information have been missed!

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by hairworthy:

HBT,

Some more explanations then. During my consultation with Dr Hasson 10 days ago, he checked my scalp very carefully and, again considering my lack of laxity and my previous scar, said we should 1st aim at 2500, and hopefully get more, hopefully not less. So I paid for 2500 and Christina said that, should I get more on the day of the surgery, I would have to pay the difference, and should I get less, H&W would give me a refund. I had budgeted for 4000 before coming to Vancouver so this wasn't an issue for me."

wha!!?? HUH??? $1 a graft??

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone.

Time for a new picture which I have just added to my gallery on the first page of this thread. Things are going really well and my hair is getting thicker every day. During the first 6 months, ie until mid-september approximately, the growth was quite slow but the past 2 months have been amazing.

Still taking Proscar every other day with great success. I keep brushing my hair just for the fun of it and there is not one hair in the brush afterwards, whereas there used to be plenty before all this surgery/Proscar business.

I intend to fly back to sunny FL early next year to show Dr E my results and have his opinion.

In the meantime, best regards to all of you on this board, especially Pat and the most senior members of this Community who've been following my progress since Feb 2004.

• Administrators

Hairworthy,

Thanks for the update and congratulations on your remarkable transformation. You deserve them. It's great to see you back on the forum. Look me up when you come into Florida.

All the best, Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Hairworthy,

Thanks for the update. Judging by your pics before going to Dr. Hasson, you've come a long way and it looks great.

Hope you'll have time to post here once in awhile. Nice to hear from you!

Hairbank

My Hair Loss Weblog

• 3 weeks later...

Pat, Bill and hairbank,

Thanks for the feedback. Can't tell you how much my life has changed during the past 2 years, thanks to these 2 HTs. Best money I've ever spent. I feel much younger, stronger and 10 times more attractive than before. I've never had problems with girls but my sex-appeal has litterally rocketed now. Also in my job I feel more confident and when I leave my house in the morning and have a last look in the mirror, I feel good and it's so important.

Just received an e-mail a few days ago from Roxy at Dr E's office, asking how things were. I appreciated this kind attention. Some docs don't care: once the procedure's over, they forget about you. But both Dr Hasson and Dr E have been checking on my progress, and that really makes a difference.

• 3 years later...

Quick update to let my hairloss brothers (Pat, Bill and others) know that I haven't forgotten about them! No 3rd HT planned for the moment. Checked my hair in the swimming pool's mirror last month, just coming out of the water with very wet hair, and did not see my skull at all. Full coverage. Can't tell you how great that felt. Here's a pic taken a few weeks ago under the bright Nevada sunshine. Happy New Year to all!

pic.jpg.efdc9ce4c58343c1e77287237bf81818.jpg

• 6 months later...

Hairworthy. I have a quick question. I have previously had a procedure with Dr. Hasson with good results. Do to travel issues Im thinking of seeing Dr. Epstein for a second procedure. Seeing as you've been treated by both Dr's how would you compare the two?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
Hairworthy has flown the nest
Hairworthy has moved on
Hey spex & Jotronic, don't bury me too quickly, I'm still around! :)

I attach my latest pic, taken 10 months ago.

All the best to you both (and Pat, and Bill) for 2013.

Looking forward to meeting you again at some stage.

Hair.jpg.c060cdd6a2dec4a5f2770ae6f739c2b0.jpg