Started Propecia 1/1/15

Nelee

So I've started Propecia today and am posting some photos so you guys can let me know independently what you think of any results. I will try to post once a month.

I'm mad worried about the sexual side effects but it's a double edge sword as losing your hair beats up your confidence which also causes side effects the same as Propecia can.

Also can anyway estimat what I am on the Norwood scale? and how I may respond to Propecia (if lucky or unlucky)

Thanks

image.jpg.251ace908861a60754a4a41d06739b01.jpg

5b32e39733294_Photo2.jpg.dac5e1ada29cdbb02ab40b98ace3055f.jpg

5b32e3974e4bd_Photo3.jpg.4839f57c00fc4b91b1786684386cf44d.jpg

Edited by David - TakingThePlunge

well done for making a fresh start to the new year.

I'm sure many new & old members will be tracking your progress.

As you must know that this won't happen over night but taking pictures on a regular basis will give yourself a insight if the drug is working for you.

I think Rogain could help you also & being you just started Fin & use it with rogain may help in a MPB like yourself.

Anyways I wish you well keep us in updated...

Nelee,

I've merged all your photos into a single post. Not sure what the trouble was but if you're images all had the same file name that may have been the problem.

Thanks for taking the time to share your case with us. I wish you luck. In my opinion, you look like you're about a 4 on your way to a 5A. I think you're a good candidate for finasteride. I wish you luck and look forward to your updates.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Don't worry about side effects, that's more than half the problem dude.

How old are you anyway? I suffered with side effects, but I fought the war, and after trying many different things, I'm now on 1mg branded daily and have no side effects. Keep taking photos, I believe it's a very useful tool to have in the long run.

Thanks for replies guys, will be taking photos evey month and let you all be the judges as to resukts.

Im 32 and am taking 1mg Propecia a day. Been taking for just over week now and not really noticed any sides yet but am trying not to look to hard and just get on with it as if you look hard enough you'll find something that's not really there. I am worried about getting certain ones though.

What side effects did you experience?

Thanks for replies guys, will be taking photos evey month and let you all be the judges as to resukts.

Im 32 and am taking 1mg Propecia a day. Been taking for just over week now and not really noticed any sides yet but am trying not to look to hard and just get on with it as if you look hard enough you'll find something that's not really there. I am worried about getting certain ones though.

I agree completely about being able to find any number of things when you're looking for them. As best as possible, I wouldn't stress out about the side effects... Even if the Propecia doesn't cause any problems sexually, the stress about it alone could - which is why I think the reports of side effects with it are hard to really gauge and report on accurately.

I've been on it for almost 6 months now. I've not experienced any side effects that I can be sure are attributed to the finasteride. There are times when I think my libido is down, but then I'm proven wrong just a few hours later and am reassured that everything is A-Okay. :) It's almost as if I'm hypersensitive to the possibility of a weakened libido, so any moment of the day where it's probably quite normal to not have your libido turned up stands out as a possible warning sign that my manhood is at risk due to the drug.... And I honestly just don't believe that that's the case for me.

Ultimately, I have to look at the fact that in the big picture, my libido/sex life hasn't been affected at all - no matter how many ways my brain tries to make me believe otherwise.

On a side note, I would use this as an opportunity to make sure you have positive habits in your lifestyle that will only help to support a healthy libido/sex drive.... Things like nutrition, exercise, enough sleep, confidence, etc. can all do wonders to offset any potential negative side effects you may experience.

Looking forward to seeing your progress and getting your personal feedback on how the drug works for you. Great start to 2015.... Good luck!

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Everything. But I honestly believe a lot of it is psychological. It's easy to think your dick doesnt work when you're single and force yourself into a low state of self confidence, and some bad experiences with girls since starting the drug (you can work it out surely) will only make you even more sure, but honestly, it all worked out fine.

I found it really helped by opening up about it for a change, and with my now girlfriend, I wanted her to know everything about me, hair loss medication included. she supported my fear of having sexual problems, but honestly, its a thing of the past now, neither of us even think about that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Update

I'm 4 1/2 months in and not had any noticeable improvement yet I don't think. Possibly even worse. No noticeable side effects to report.

I'm sticking with it for at least a year so hoping may see improvement eventually

image.jpg.c803752b335a9d2dfacf1413770f5fbf.jpg

Hmmm , looking hard at your first pics to your latest, I think there is improvement or maybe it could be the pics you have taken with different light.

They say the 1st 6mths on Fin for most don't really show & hair feels crappy & thin & even shed some also but once you can power through that first half then things start to kick in, so hang in there as I've a feeling with what you have got left on your head could do well from this drug & your saying no real or zero sides that's positive.

Best wishes.

• 7 months later...

So I am 1 year in on Fin (pics below) hard to compare to previous pics as hair is considerably longer at the moment. Let me know what you think from when I started to now, would be appreciated.

Have to say I am disappointed, I had hoped for more, I don't think my hair has improved perhaps just stayed the same at best.

Next step I think will be taking the plunge for a transplant, just don't know where to start.

image.thumb.jpg.1b6dc7e063c6f4868458261e8c40cb03.jpg

So I am 1 year in on Fin (pics below) hard to compare to previous pics as hair is considerably longer at the moment. Let me know what you think from when I started to now, would be appreciated.

Have to say I am disappointed, I had hoped for more, I don't think my hair has improved perhaps just stayed the same at best.

Next step I think will be taking the plunge for a transplant, just don't know where to start.

From the photos, you have stabilized. The treatment is beneficial for you, even though you don't see more hair.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 3 weeks later...

You are right, it is hard to see the difference because on the last photo your hair is longer. Though, comparing the photos from your previous update (made in May), there is a noticable difference. MrGio-WHTCClinic and MyNameIsRich are right, it is good that your hair loss is not progressing.

I would never advice anyone to touch Propecia , whatever anyone here says , the stories around the internet are too scary , you think all these stories are just made up?

Then why did the FDA decide to change the List of symptoms and List a whole lot of complications on the Pack ? if there were just a Few symptoms , then why even insist to write the other dangerous ones? Have they ever done that with Aspirin ? :rolleyes:

Very cool to see an update one year later. Thanks for sharing.

The length of your hair does make it difficult to see how much improvement was made, but I would say that at the very least you seem to have stabilized - and that in and of itself is an improvement.

Also - can you report on whether or not you experienced any side effects? That's always a contentious topic and I'd love to know your experience given that you were so concerned about it in the beginning.

Where are you on your decision to possibly proceed with a HT?

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• 2 weeks later...

guys i need some advice please I'm having panic attacks!!!!!!!!

i started propecia a month and a half ago to prevent hairless

since starting my hairline has been shedding like crazy 100 hairs a day this started about 7 days after starting propecia

the hairs that are falling out are long strong hairs with a white bulb on the end

i just had my hormones checked and the results say i have high test and high oestrogen swell

i do not know how this is possible

i then phoned a ht doctor and he said i should continue the fin

please give advice i have read horror stories about guys taking fin and shredding their hairlines

should i continue or just stop i wasn't even shedding before this

has anyone experienced this

please any advice my hair is shedding by the minute

i hope this is not accelerating my hairloss