2nd thoughts on my Dr Hakan Doganay booking

Sebastion

Hi guys, I recently booked to have a HT with Dr. Hakan Doganay I'm living in Australia and after researching for many weeks i decided to go ahead, but recent posts/threads regarding Dr Hakan have got me worried and concerned that i have perhaps made a mistake and that its not too late to change doctors etc?.. Please help Thankyou in advance

No haven't paid any deposit, but have already booked flights etc....Have family to visit aswel over in europe but really my concern is that i may of chosen the incorrectly and should of went with Dr Erdogan?... The rent case of William1 saying he feels some of his grafts may of been discarded.? And various other cases that i hadn't found until recently....

If you have any doubts, don't go ahead. I am of the view that the results of Dr Erdogan are considerably better than Dr Doganay and the patient experiences with Dr Erdogan seem to be a lot more positive than with Dr Doganay.

Hi Sebastion,

I am also from Australia and have been a member of this site for years and finally decided about undertaking my procedure with Dr. Doganay next year but after some members have posted a few unsatisfactory outcomes I have now changed my mind and won't be going with him.

I have been the member and observer on this forum for years and i have reached following conclusion: as this site starts promoting some surgeons and they get approved by members and as a result they start getting increasing number of patients and in order to serve increase in demand they start employing new inexperienced and unskilled staff to meet demand and earn more revenue the quality of work drops and therefore we have increased number of unhappy patients.

Any hair transplant that goes wrong can lead to permanents psychological and financial pains that those unhappy people have to live with for years to come.

I have had one of those poor outcome more than a decade ago and I still carry psychological pain from that procedure.

When I thought that I had finally found right surgeon for my procedure to fix my years long problem and to regain confidence in myself I now have to look for another surgeon.

If you weigh up quick money against reputation in the long run I know which way I will be going.

All potential hair transplant patients are much better educated compared to years ago as internet has created a global forum where we share experiences and exchange information about the quality of hair transplant surgeons worldwide.

I just hope that greed (money making) has not risen above quality of work as we past and potential patients deserve much more and those surgeons not performing satisfactory results should be dealt with.

Lets ongoing and positive reputations lead to recommendation rather than past short glories.

We deserve much better in this time and age.

As very keen reader of number of posts here lately a quite a few members have expressed concerns with clinics doing multiple surgeries a day (greed for revenue) we can only come to one conclusion and that conclusion is ever increasing number of unhappy people.

I my opinion only one person a day should be a way to go!

I got burned badly in the past and won't be making any uninformed decision ever again and want to win this battle and BE MY OLD MYSELF!

sorry to hear this , But whatever u said is so so True , Most clinics once approved here have a Mad rush that I have been warning Members to Take Note of , Not only do they increase the Rates ... GREED GREED GREED , BUT they also work hastily so that they can do atleast 2 to 3 patients per day ... that is BAD , HT is a ART and have u ever seen a Artist painting his art on a CANVAS work HASTILY ?

They work slowly and surely and thats when the world appreciates their art and buys in millions , But alas many surgeons have taken a short cut route and are trying to Hard sell , which really is Not the way to go , BEWARE of Clinics that do MORE THAN 1 Patient a Day , Precaution is better than cure ... Run away from such Hair Mills , ALSO Noteworthy is some clinics are doing Megasessions 3000 grafts in just 1 day ..... Runnnnn AWAY if they say just 1 day , they shud be doing No more than 1500 -2000 grafts Max in 1 day .... its a ART to enhance .... Not some Knee replacement surgery !

If ur gut is telling u to cancel, then This is what you should do. I have heard some good things on Dr erdogan but have not seen or heard enough to conclude that he is top. From all the research I have done, I would be comfortable with Dr bisanga or Dr lorenzo. Just as an fyi, I underwent my first ht with Dr bisanga two weeks ago and the experience was really good.

Thanks guys i appreciate the words....I actually nearly had the booking with Dr Erdogan but rushed the final booking as Dr Doganay's surgery was a bit more hasty to respond, I also was in talks with Dr Bisanga also so i let both of the those know in a nice way that i will be going with someone else.... Kristjan thanks for sharing your experience and knowledge i do see the importance of to "choose wisely" Fue2014, Mikeey and stinger99 thanks for your input, I still have time to make some changes and hopefully im not too late to change my flights a little bit if possible.....:) Will see how i go. Also gents i hear often about beard hair.....Does it grow and have the same characteristics of head hair once planted in the region...? My donor area is very dense so beard hair will not be on the table etc.....just would like to know.... Also when i look at some of the results the grafts to me look so far apart....and i wonder if the amount of grafts listed is actually accurate.......Just dosent add up in my mind.... Escpecially when there is mention of example 55grafts per cm2......No way i see that kind of density........Anyone to shed some light please?

If one chooses a clinic that does multiple procedures, mega sessions and has teams of techs, then unless you know specifically about the individual qualifications, experience and previous results from the actual techs that will be both extracting your follicles and later implanting them, you are merely rolling the dice and hoping for the best possible outcome. Of course you may or may not be lucky which I believe explains why some posters give raving reviews while others go away disappointed. We have no way of knowing how many other patients either with good or bad experiences are actually out there as I am sure only a small percentage from either group take the time to post their results in detail.

I therefore have come to the conclusion that while it is quite possible to get a state of the art fantastic HT at at any of the larger clinics that significantly utilize teams of techs during the procedures, this result should not be a forgone conclusion or unrealistic expectation. I think that choosing one of these clinics based on auxiliary factors such as price, scheduling, and location should ultimately be the deciding factor as to how best to decide which of them to select.

If one wants to take advantage of the highest level of quality control, then select one of the few rare physicians that exclusively does his own extractions and implantations. The next best option would be one that actually "cuts" the skin in both phases of the FUE procedure even if techs assist with the forceps removal and implantation parts. I think it goes without further need for explanation why selecting a clinic that confines their work to mainly one but no more that two patients a day is to the patient's advantage and should always be sought after. Lastly, I would avoid megasessions, as when it comes to FUE patience is a virtue!

Hairweare, I know you had work done by Lorenzo (at Farjo) and you were happy with his work and you have another surgery scheduled with him. I have read on here that he is now using techs more in his surgeries in Madrid, do you know anything about that? His work (and videos) are some of the best I've seen, but now I am concerned that he might not be the one doing the work. Im not scheduled with him yet but seriously considering it.

I recently had another procedure done in Madrid which was where I too first learned that techs were participating in the extraction phase. I do not know how long this has been the case and the information posted by others earlier this year suggesting the contrary may not have been entirely accurate. It appears now that at least one experienced tech and perhaps others as well have been doing some of the scalp and beard extractions prior to Dr. Lorenzo's one year one man production in Manchester. I always assumed that his colleague Dr. Vila has also done both extractions and implantations either together with him or independently by herself, but the participation of the techs is not something I knew much about.

From my personal experience, the scalp extractions that I had done in Madrid were done exclusively by Dr. Lorenzo but the tech subsequently extracted the beard grafts. It may indeed all turn out fine, but it honestly wasn't part of the my original plan nor did I have much of an opportunity to discuss this with Dr. Lorenzo until after the fact. I therefore will reserve my final opinion regarding the capabilities of this particular tech for several more months at which time the crown grafts should have started to grow.

To research this matter further which I do believe is important, I suggest going to both the Euro and Spanish fora where the clinic's work and reputation are much better documented.

Thanks for the info hairweare. I would like to think that the techs that Lorenzo uses have been trained by him and are up to his quality of work, and that hopefully is the case, but it definitely does concern me. I would think the extraction process is probably crucial in graft yield and seeing Lorenzo's consistent results was pretty reassuring, but now not knowing who is gonna be doing the extractions is troubling, I don't have enough donor for a bad yield (I guess really nobody does). Unfortunately, it seems as though all HT docs use techs now so its almost as though there is really now way of knowing who is gonna be working on you no matter where you go. I guess I will just have to look at current results from Lorenzo's clinic to see if he can produce a number of home run results as he has in the past. I will check out the European and Spanish forums and see what they are saying. Thanks again Hairweare

I know for real that Dr. Lorenzo does the extraction and quiet a bit of the implantation using the Pen .

Dr. Vila is also a qualified doctor ,she is not a Nurse , so u r in such safe hands that u need not worry !

If that was not enough , why do u think there is a waiting Period of 3 Months before u get a Date ... the clinic is super full , obviously no one wants a Bad result , so everyone has Researched !!

Go ahead and Let the results speak for you .

In person, he reassured me that the extraction phase is the easy part of the operation. The thing that confuses me the most is that i believed, or better, found out in my researches that actually extraction is the most delicate part. Someone can enlighten me with solid facts, please?

No haven't paid any deposit, but have already booked flights etc....Have family to visit aswel over in europe but really my concern is that i may of chosen the incorrectly and should of went with Dr Erdogan?... The rent case of William1 saying he feels some of his grafts may of been discarded.? And various other cases that i hadn't found until recently....

Call up multiple turkish surgeons for availability at the time you are there. If you are in doubt now, you will he at unease for another 12 months after your procedure. I really think you should check manual fue docs.

Call up multiple turkish surgeons for availability at the time you are there. If you are in doubt now, you will he at unease for another 12 months after your procedure. I really think you should check manual fue docs.

Dr Hakan does manual as well, i had it with him.

Dr Hakan does manual as well, i had it with him.

Ive read he does it as well at an extra charge. However, the op is concerned after reading of graft wastage. Grafts are priceless and should not be discarded under any circumstances.

This revelation by other former patient of this doctor has greatly damaged reputation of this doctor that is a paying member of this online business/forum. These things remain permanent on the internet. Google searches can bring it back to such topics if the doctor's name is typed. A good portion of interested patients use the internet to research docs before booking with them. In fact, a good portion of docs rely for online marketing as a means to attract clients. After reading all that, don't you think many prospective patients will fear going to the doc. Unless the doctors reps can come up with an elaborate response, this really should make him think. He is paying fees for recommendation but now some are not recommending him or worried to go to him? I think the forum business will chime in and protect him from that revealing patient, as this doc is a financial contributor, but now there will be some lingering doubts that may be revived.

Ive read he does it as well at an extra charge. However, the op is concerned after reading of graft wastage. Grafts are priceless and should not be discarded under any circumstances.

This revelation by other former patient of this doctor has greatly damaged reputation of this doctor that is a paying member of this online business/forum. These things remain permanent on the internet. Google searches can bring it back to such topics if the doctor's name is typed. A good portion of interested patients use the internet to research docs before booking with them. In fact, a good portion of docs rely for online marketing as a means to attract clients. After reading all that, don't you think many prospective patients will fear going to the doc. Unless the doctors reps can come up with an elaborate response, this really should make him think. He is paying fees for recommendation but now some are not recommending him or worried to go to him? I think the forum business will chime in and protect him from that revealing patient, as this doc is a financial contributor, but now there will be some lingering doubts that may be revived.

Well we are still waiting to hear the outcome after admin on here reached out to the patient and Dr Hakan. To be honest those claims are very , very strong without anything to back it up . It's the first time anything like that has been aimed at Dr Hakan yet there is nothing so far to back it up , no photo's ...the patient doesn't want to post anymore about it or be PM'd . I could come on here and call any Dr with no proof then refuse to talk about it or provide evidence ...... I've been through the H/T system twice , you don't need to try to tell me how it works and how many hours you spend crawling the internet. Many people with many different agenda's post on forums that much i have learnt. I see you went to the much respected Rahal but in recent months I've seen a few poor results for him on various forums ...does that make him a bad Dr? No i don't think it does but there will always be patients not fully happy or other reasons why things didn't quite go to plan .

To be honest i think that post should be taken down until the truth is out whichever way it goes.

Well we are still waiting to hear the outcome after admin on here reached out to the patient and Dr Hakan. To be honest those claims are very , very strong without anything to back it up . It's the first time anything like that has been aimed at Dr Hakan yet there is nothing so far to back it up , no photo's ...the patient doesn't want to post anymore about it or be PM'd . I could come on here and call any Dr with no proof then refuse to talk about it or provide evidence ...... I've been through the H/T system twice , you don't need to try to tell me how it works and how many hours you spend crawling the internet. Many people with many different agenda's post on forums that much i have learnt. I see you went to the much respected Rahal but in recent months I've seen a few poor results for him on various forums ...does that make him a bad Dr? No i don't think it does but there will always be patients not fully happy or other reasons why things didn't quite go to plan .

To be honest i think that post should be taken down until the truth is out whichever way it goes.

Im not trying to tell you how the ht system works or how many hours I've spent on the internet or comparing this doc to Dr Rahal or any doc. In fact my post wasn't argumentative. Ive had 2 transplants myself and its been a crazy ride. That was just a general post regarding how this type of thing can put doubts. Its a strong statement. I know other docs have had not so good results but the claim graft wastage is rare, which is big. Hopefully, the matter can be cleared. I also emailed questions regarding possible repair work but now I am concerned like this OP.

Hopefully, the OP can find some resolve as this issue has raised doubts.

Thanks guys for your input, I have seen many good results come out of Dr Hakan, my case will be around the 2000 perhaps 2500 mark, And they do do manuel FUE..... I prefer this based off gut and research i guess i need to also ask how many % wise there clinic does doing Manuel as opposed to micro?

If you are having some doubts before the surgery, just imagine how you will be kicking yourself if the result turns out to be less than desired. You only have one chance to get things right. Doubts are there for a reason. I would cancel if I were you!

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

The doubts i had were from a poster who seems to have disappeared.....with no pics or photos...I believe to get a good result its also up to the patient himself.. to research, have realistic results in mind and bring all you can to the table, I also believe you must ask the clinic as many questions beforehand and make sure the procedure goes to plan as discussed and promised prior....With that and some good healing and growing ability you will achieve the desired/realistic results. Im back on track now and am going in strong and positive and wise. Cheers for the comments.

i too have a booking at the end of january, and im also worried after digging deeper into this forum :( not sure what to do, the flights were pretty expensive but id happily swallow the cost if it meant dodging a bullet. Already dealing badly with some unsuccessful cosmetic surgery i had this year and dont need to add more anxiety with a bad ht