Booked with Dr. Tejinder Bhatti on February 23!

Hey Guys,

Well, I turned 46 this past year and have a 16 month old daughter. In an effort to keep from looking like “grandpa” for as long as possible, I’ve decided to finally move forward with my next hair transplant. Many of you are familiar with my hair restoration journey and it’s fully documented in my hair loss website for anyone that is interested.

So let’s get to the nest phase. Prior to my first hair transplant, my virgin scalp was pretty loose but I found that, after my second strip, it had become fairly tight and I knew that my third procedure would be FUE.

I believe in our recommendation criteria and process so it was not an easy decision to make. As I’ve often advised, the best doctor for one patient may not be the best for another. I concentrated on my needs/desires and searched for a doctor that I felt best met those needs, understood my goals and could deliver them. In my case, Dr. Bhatti was that surgeon. Much has been made of comparing clinics by the fees they charge and I want to state from the get go that cost and proximity were on my list of criteria but nowhere near the top. Like anyone else, I hold my precious few remaining grafts dear and would not jeopardize them to save money.

I first reached out to the clinic's US rep “California” asking the usual preliminary questions. He responded promptly and had already communicated with Dr. Bhatti on my behalf. At that stage, I began to bombard Dr. Bhatti with questions about his philosophy and technique as well as my goals. First and foremost, I wanted to be sure that my goals were realistic, given my age, current state of hair loss, remaining donor supply, etc. After a few emails and providing some photos, we setup a consultation via Skype. With the time difference and our busy work schedules, it was a challenge finding a time that we could meet but Dr. Bhatti was very accommodating.

Our initial meeting was a pleasure. It can’t be overstated that he is a very warm and down-to-earth individual who takes great pride in his work.

He had asked me to draw the hairline that I wanted and send him some photos for evaluation. I made this attempt numerous times but just couldn’t seem to get it right. Eventually, I gave up and asked him if he could draw the hairline for me on my photos, which he did. I was pleasantly surprised when the photos came back and he nailed the hairline that I’d seen in my mind but couldn’t manage to draw myself. I felt then that he "got it". This was the hairline that I’d wanted since first receding many moons ago. I've included those pics below.

Dr. Bhatti proposed a total of 3,000 grafts distributed as follows: Approximately 1,200 to lower and reshape the hairline, 1,000 grafts in the crown and the remaining grafts to add density throughout the forelock. As you can see from the images below, my crown has held up pretty well over the past several years. I quit finasteride a few years ago but continue to use Rogaine Foam daily and Nizoral twice weekly.

I’m truly excited to begin this next journey and to share my honest experience with the members of this community. As before, I plan to update my blog on a monthly basis. I’m also thrilled that this procedure will add value to my role as moderator by allowing me to speak from experience not only about Dr. Bhatti and his staff but also FUE in general and traveling abroad for surgery.

Wish me luck!

2008-2014.JPG.4928c84780358cf16ff073e84a810505.JPG

David-1.jpg.2c4e11e46d7a805703dba4611b2b351e.jpg

David-2.jpeg.8c49c48e9bedaf427aada9732753d63d.jpeg

Edited by David - TakingThePlunge

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Guys,

Well, I turned 46 this past year and have a 16 month old daughter. In an effort to keep from looking like “grandpa” for as long as possible, I’ve decided to finally move forward with my next hair transplant. Many of you are familiar with my hair restoration journey and it’s fully documented in my hair loss website for anyone that is interested.

So let’s get to the nest phase. Prior to my first hair transplant, my virgin scalp was pretty loose but I found that, after my second strip, it had become fairly tight and I knew that my third procedure would be FUE.

I believe in our recommendation criteria and process so it was not an easy decision to make. As I’ve often advised, the best doctor for one patient may not be the best for another. I concentrated on my needs/desires and searched for a doctor that I felt best met those needs, understood my goals and could deliver them. In my case, Dr. Bhatti was that surgeon. Much has been made of comparing clinics by the fees they charge and I want to state from the get go that cost and proximity were on my list of criteria but nowhere near the top. Like anyone else, I hold my precious few remaining grafts dear and would not jeopardize them to save money.

I first reached out to the clinic's US rep “California” asking the usual preliminary questions. He responded promptly and had already communicated with Dr. Bhatti on my behalf. At that stage, I began to bombard Dr. Bhatti with questions about his philosophy and technique as well as my goals. First and foremost, I wanted to be sure that my goals were realistic, given my age, current state of hair loss, remaining donor supply, etc. After a few emails and providing some photos, we setup a consultation via Skype. With the time difference and our busy work schedules, it was a challenge finding a time that we could meet but Dr. Bhatti was very accommodating.

Our initial meeting was a pleasure. It can’t be overstated that he is a very warm and down-to-earth individual who takes great pride in his work.

He had asked me to draw the hairline that I wanted and send him some photos for evaluation. I made this attempt numerous times but just couldn’t seem to get it right. Eventually, I gave up and asked him if he could draw the hairline for me on my photos, which he did. I was pleasantly surprised when the photos came back and he nailed the hairline that I’d seen in my mind but couldn’t manage to draw myself. I felt then that he "got it". This was the hairline that I’d wanted since first receding many moons ago. I've included those pics below.

Dr. Bhatti proposed a total of 3,000 grafts distributed as follows: Approximately 1,200 to lower and reshape the hairline, 1,000 grafts in the crown and the remaining grafts to add density throughout the forelock. As you can see from the images below, my crown has held up pretty well over the past several years. I quit finasteride a few years ago but continue to use Rogaine Foam daily and Nizoral twice weekly.

I’m truly excited to begin this next journey and to share my honest experience with the members of this community. As before, I plan to update my blog on a monthly basis. I’m also thrilled that this procedure will add value to my role as moderator by allowing me to speak from experience not only about Dr. Bhatti and his staff but also FUE in general and traveling abroad for surgery.

Wish me luck!

David,

Thank you for your kind words. We look forward to exceeding your expectations. I am excited about a Moderator of this prestigious Forum getting his HT done in India by Dr. Bhatti. As you have rightly said, once you go through with this procedure, you will be able to share your personal experiences about HT in India in general and Dr. Bhatti in particular, with the Forum members.

I wish you all the best.

Best regards,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

California,

Thanks again for all your help thus far!

I'm sure that as the time approaches more questions will occur to me. I've had the privilege of visiting 11 countries to date but this will be my first trip to India. I'm looking forward to the trip and meeting Dr. Bhatti and his staff.

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

David,

Congratulations! Look forward to watching your journey!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I had surgery with Dr. Bhatti about 3 months ago. Let me know if you have any questions about the journey. I'm already seeing results as the grafts never shed like they do for the majority of people.

Tips: 1. Take the flight to Changdirah, not the car ride. The roads and driving are not what you're used to and can give you heart palpitations and blood pressure through the roof. 2. Don't be alarmed by the outer appearance of the area that the office is in. I had to remind myself that this is India and it's a poor country because everything is dilapidated and dirty looking but inside the office it is to western standard. 3. Enjoy the amazing food!

BUSA,

Thanks for the kind wishes!

densedream,

I appreciate the tips! At the moment, I'm planning to take the car ride but will certainly investigate the flights. Although I'm not looking forward to spending so much time in a car after such a long trip, it may be one of my only opportunities to see the real India as I'll be flying out on the third day after my procedure.

Definitely looking forward to the food!

I look forward to following your updates! Happy Growing!

Good luck on the surgery!

I am a bit confused looking at the photos though. From your hair restoration website, it looks like you had a good result with Dr. Alexander based on the photo below.

Picture%2064_Medium.jpg

However, the photos you posted here show thinner hair. Did you lose ground since surgery or did you post your preop photos here?

KO,

It's been almost 5 years since my last transplant. I've most certainly lost some existing hair behind the transplanted area. I've never had any crown work and I've lost a bit there as well although, as you can see from the 2008-2015 comparison, it's help up better than I expected.

My hair looks wildly different depending upon length and lighting. In the photo you posted above, it was much longer than it is now. The layering effect adds to the appearance of density but you can still see that thinner area right in front of the midscalp. At the moment, I've been giving myself homebrew haircuts with my clippers using the largest attachment I have. My hair is about an inch long right now.

I don't The first three pics were taken three days ago in the wild. Sorry for the poor quality. They were not taken to be shared. The 4th was taken on Halloween of this year. I'd been wearing my hair longer at that point. The last 2 were taken last weekend.

I don't tend to take a lot of top downs pics but if I find any others worth sharing, I'll post them here.

5b32e35db44bc_hair1.jpg.89e832ca4f29eedcac7778cb4b750f01.jpg

5b32e35dce8dd_hair2.jpg.7f338847d483b12c1a93a6e3ffec38af.jpg

5b32e35de5e59_hair3.jpg.40a64fc182011b635f84dc072d71b2ac.jpg

5b32e35e5670a_Halloween2014.jpg.9c7f205b913aad157e3976068b7b7bfc.jpg

5b32e35e87370_Side2Taken12-21-14.jpg.1de769280e9f85be0820da16219a9a2d.jpg

5b32e35eda39e_Taken12-21-14.jpg.d129311bbe7c386b0df8bc8f2477e513.jpg

Thanks, I understand the situation now. Based on your profile finasteride is not part of your regimen, is this accurate? I am just curious as continual hair loss after surgery is something that concerns me personally.

Yes, I took finasteride from January, 2009 to October 2011. I started the following thread when I quit, Stopping Finasteride for Now.

Basically, I experienced somewhat mild side effects that I was prepared to live with. I mainly quit at the request of my wife when we were planning to have a child. However, I also attributed some pretty bad cystic acne that developed to finasteride. This may have been a coincidence though since I'm still dealing with that off and on ever since 2009. I've consulted with multiple dermatologists and nothing seems to help.

Given that I'll be turning 47 in 2015, I don't kn ow that restarting the drug at this stage is worthwhile

Edited by David - TakingThePlunge

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, I took finasteride from January, 2009 to October 2011. I started the following thread when I quit, Stopping Finasteride for Now.

Basically, I experienced somewhat mild side effects that I was prepared to live with. I mainly quit at the request of my wife when we were planning to have a child. However, I also attributed some pretty bad cystic acne that developed to finasteride. This may have been a coincidence though since I'm still dealing with that off and on ever since 2009. I've consulted with multiple dermatologists and nothing seems to help.

Given that I'll be turning 47 in 2015, I don't kn ow that restarting the drug at this stage is worthwhile

Turning 47 is a pretty good reason to start, but for the prostate and not the hair. :D

Yeah, I think you've took a no fin hit. Good luck! I'm excited to see what comes.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Turning 47 is a pretty good reason to start, but for the prostate and not the hair. :D

Excellent point!

Good luck looking forward to your status. Question that is somewhat related though. I see you have grey hair. My hair is greying at 44. My wife always wants me to color it. I had a HT in November. In your experience....What would you say looks better with thinning hair?

Dr.Gabel 3972 FUT 11/3/14

Progress/Results Below ;)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/177388-3972-fut-dr-gabel.html

Thanks johntra and Squatch!

Squatch, on the topic of coloring your hair, I'd say there are pros and cons. I think it makes the hair look fuller at a distance. However, if you have a lighter scalp, it will probably be more see-through up close.

Among the obvious hair shortcomings in my family, we suffer from premature greying. The little devils started popping up in my early 20's so I've been dying my hair off and on for years. The wife likes me to color my hair also and I'm sure I will again. I've just kinda quit all hair maintenance at this stage given my upcoming procedure. I work from home so I don't need to be too concerned about it at this stage.

I say give it a try. If you wear your hair short, all the color gets cut off pretty quickly if you opt to go back to your natural color.

Goodluck on your journey. I am vouching for Dr.Bhatti. I will post my 1 year update as soon as i got a clear pictures. :) Happy New Year everyone.

Thanks Luis! I look forward to your pics!

Hi Mikeey

Nothing happening at the moment....gone hit my 3 months on 13th Jan...but I have nothing much to report back, hopefully by 4 months onwards the grafts will come out to play.

surely Jayukdht , 4 month onwards is usually some serious hair building .

I just feel curious to ask you David , why Dr. Bhatti ? why Not Lorenzo , edrogan or the Magical Rahal ? , Non of My Business but I am seriously amused , anyways wishing you Loads of Luck !