Lorenzo, Feriduni, or Bisanga for FUE with buzz cut?

Matt27

Please do not judge surgeons by punch sizes, those are dependent upon the patient characteristics, the internet goes overboard in its advocacy of smaller punches.

Yes, in addition, using smaller punches that dont fit with the patient's donor area hair density and hair caliber thickness (patient characteristics) cause graft (hair) transection much more.

"We always use smaller punches" means "we are advertising ourselves".

Sorry KO, I have added a comment on your comment, forgive me.:)

Exactly ok and fisher4man.

This is off dr lorenzo info I got. It basically tells you what punch size they will use depending on the thickness of your donor hair. Mine was 0.051-55 so a 0.8 punch was used.

image.jpg.5346c802c582560cb18c68c9c48e8a32.jpg

Matt

basically the better choice is to go with the "team" with more experience. Because every doctor uses techs for extraction, and Feriduni, i.e., has always shown and praised publicly his team, made with people that work with him from a long time.

Lorenzo is still to determine how long experienced are his techs, since he used to do the work all by himself, as stated on his website. But things are changed because i was handled by techs. On this doc ask me everything you need, i'll be glad to help.

Bisanga i don't know much about his protocol, i like him of course, but maybe his patients would be the definitive source for facts.

Hi Hariri, how are things going with your scar repair? hope all is going well, I have not been around for a while so hope all is good with you.

Just my opinion, but I think punch size is very important, especially on bht, the last thing a repair client would want is their situation making worse by lots of little white dots on their chest or face.

To big a punch can also destroy healthy follicles around the extracted grafts, causing the all to common problem of the `moth eaten` donor area.

I prefer a Doctor who has the skill and ability to swap and use different punches during the procedure, as the situation arises. An example of this would be were the majority of extractions may be done with a .8mm punch, whilst a 3 or 4 hair graft may be extracted with a .9mm punch.

I wonder if the automated and robotic punches can be programmed to do this yet?

Hope this helps

ej

your giving yourself the best possible chance for a positive outcome with any of these guys, good luck pal

4510 FUSS Dr Feriduni December 2012

2350 FUSS Dr Feriduni December 2013

HT 1:Total Grafts 4510: Singles 715, Doubles 2123, Triples 1369, Quads 303 ( 10,280 Hairs )

HT 2:Total Grafts 2352: Singles 350, Doubles 1601, Triples 401, ( 4,755 Hairs )

my personal choice would be Feriduni, with Bisanga a close second. I think their hairline work is a bit more natural, i.e., more closely mimics nature, than Dr. Lorenzo's only because Dr. Lorenzo uses implanter pens to make the recipient sites and simultaneously "inject" the grafts into them, which to me can produce somewhat less natural hairline work than an accomplished physician using custom sized (to the grafts), custom cut blades to make laterally oriented recipient slits for the grafts -- as practiced by Drs. Feriduni and Bisanga. Just my view.

Comments anyone? Pens in the hands of Lorenzo versus blades in the hands of Feriduni and Bisanga?

I have my own thoughts/surmisings but want to hear others...

I don't think Lorenzo hairlines are bad. Some cases do have abrupt hairlines but others do not. However, I do not think there is an advantage in going to him for the hairline compared to BHR or De Deys/Duni and he will be more expensive. I think Lorenzo is better for larger cases.

I agree that Lorenzo's hairlines are very conservative. I think sometimes this is called for, but other times more of a compromise can be made.

The hairline is the most important part as it frames the face, so it's important not to be ultra conservative in that respect. I think a balance should be struck, but then because of the higher hairlines he can achieve better coverage.

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here: