Lorenzo, Feriduni, or Bisanga for FUE with buzz cut?

Matt27

I am considering these 3 for FUE to restore my frontal third (it is worse than it looks in my avatar. The photo is a year old).

I would like to be able to keep a buzz cut, so I am wondering which of the 3 doctors would be best for:

1. Leaving a clean donor zone

2. Providing a natural looking result with very short hair

3. Any other reasons that would be particularly important in my case like hairline design, etc.

I also want to be conservative with grafts and have a long term plan in mind.

Thanks,

Matt

Edited by Matt27

It all boils down to your own personal preference as you've picked probably 3 of the 5 or 6 bes fue docs IMO.

My own personal preference would be Lorenzo.

You obviously know what you want and have laid out your plans bearing the future in mind which a lot of people dont.

Which ever one you decide you have made the right choice you cannot go wrong with any of these three.

Good luck to you and I hope you get the best possible outcome.

Have a nice day.

Having just gone through a great experience with Dr bisanga and his team, I would surely recommend Dr bisanga.nthat bring said, I think very highly of Dr lorenzo as well. I think you should consult with each and see who you feel more comfortable with. For Dr bisanga you can contact sl who is on this site and acts as Dr bisangas patient advisor. His service, experience and knowledge was a big part in me chosing Dr bisanga.

yes if ur lookn for a hairline Feriduni is the guy. Lorenzo hairlines look like 70 yr old men. I wudnt chose any of them actually. id go with Erdogan. better results cheaper price and some of the best hairlines I've seen.

Busa, what are the names of the techs who you would actually recommend to perform the extractions?

Do you have enough personal experience with all of them to know which ones are the best?

This would be very useful information to share with prospective patients.

yes if ur lookn for a hairline Feriduni is the guy. Lorenzo hairlines look like 70 yr old men. I wudnt chose any of them actually. id go with Erdogan. better results cheaper price and some of the best hairlines I've seen.

Its funny that Allmost Everytime i see BUSA his post's mention the 2 turkish doctors.

The guy is asking about some other surgeons but again he bring up a turkish doc.

Hmmm???

BetterLate seriously??????

All those words to rub busa shoulder(...). You're definitely OT. And out of place!

Matt is looking for solid fact, and once again a bunch of trolls came in to poison the thread. Have you guys any respect for people that are genuinely looking for a solution?

Hairweare, Pma, london81 and myself, are patients of some of the doctors named by Matt. We are entitled to talk. The others, i don't know on which base are they talking since they have never had experience with the mentioned docs.

Busa, what are the names of the techs who you would actually recommend to perform the extractions?

Do you have enough personal experience with all of them to know which ones are the best?

This would be very useful information to share with prospective patients.

The more pertinent question to ask, hairweare, is whether Matt wants a renowned hair transplant surgeon with decades of experience, an established aesthetic and sense of artistry, and a long track record of exceptional documented results, to map out and create the thousands of recipient sites for his precious donor grafts using state-of-the-art tools and technique (by going with one of his three choices or with Dr. Erdogen), or whether he wants a technician with a power drill performing this task (by going to one of the illegally operating Turkish technician transplant clinics I believe you are referring to).

Matt -- for what it's worth, of the three outstanding surgeons you've mentioned, and given the criteria you mentioned, my personal choice would be Feriduni, with Bisanga a close second. I think their hairline work is a bit more natural, i.e., more closely mimics nature, than Dr. Lorenzo's only because Dr. Lorenzo uses implanter pens to make the recipient sites and simultaneously "inject" the grafts into them, which to me can produce somewhat less natural hairline work than an accomplished physician using custom sized (to the grafts), custom cut blades to make laterally oriented recipient slits for the grafts -- as practiced by Drs. Feriduni and Bisanga. Just my view.

Actual patients of any of the three are obviously better equipped to give advice but why should this thread end up in a slagging match?

All three are excellent and we all have our own preference and for Busa (who I have disagreed constantly) to be accused of being a shill is laughable.

He's not plain and simple.

Lateatnight betterlate is perfectly entitled to his opinions whether they are right or wrong.

Let's get back on topic.

Matt I presume you have been looking and comparing photos from all three and if you short listed these three I presume you have also discounted lots of other good fue docs.

I think its going to come down to your gut instinct that has been determined by your research.

Any of them and your in good hands.

Have a good weekend all

If you are trying to match your prospective results with pictures on a webpage or video you need to know specifically who did the work. Techs may all be competent but as humans we all have different abilities. For example MLB players are all great athletes but some hit for higher averages than others. The final result of an FUE is the sum of many parts. The more you can isolated those variables the better you can predict how your individual result may turn out.

Actual patients of any of the three are obviously better equipped to give advice but why should this thread end up in a slagging match?

All three are excellent and we all have our own preference and for Busa (who I have disagreed constantly) to be accused of being a shill is laughable.

He's not plain and simple.

Lateatnight betterlate is perfectly entitled to his opinions whether they are right or wrong.

Let's get back on topic.

Matt I presume you have been looking and comparing photos from all three and if you short listed these three I presume you have also discounted lots of other good fue docs.

I think its going to come down to your gut instinct that has been determined by your research.

Any of them and your in good hands.

Have a good weekend all

Matt asked a question, any other consideration is off topic including your constant tendency to advocate o justify incorrect behavior. Let patient talk and let's future patient be informed properly. You're OT too.

Have a good day.

Edited by Lateatnight

whether he wants a technician with a power drill performing this task (by going to one of the illegally operating Turkish technician transplant clinics I believe you are referring to). .

PupDaddy,

Only clinics operated by Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (and Dermatologists) and certified by the Health Authorities in Turkey are legal hair transplant clinics. Medical Practitioners are not allowed to open a clinic for hair transplant, even they can not perform HT legally. Anyway any doctor can do any operation on patients, legality is different issue.

Now, do your homework and learn which clinics are approved by the name of he real (plastic or dermatologic) surgeons. Health Authorities just approve responsible surgeon, not the other physicians - medical practitioners even the general surgeons do not approved for HT. Approved Clinics may do HT operations legally using nurses and/or medical technicians, plastic or dermatologic surgeon assume all medicolegal responsibilities.

I recommend you do not dig legal issues much, this should not be business of any forum. And I do not think moderators would want this. Anyway, if you so wish, we may discuss more.

BTW, I asked you a question in another thread, still waiting your reply. This is an opportunity for you to prove your authority.

Thanks for the responses so far guys. I imagine I will get a bunch of recommendations for all 3.

I was leaning toward Feriduni yesterday morning, Bisanga last night, and now Lorenzo this morning.

Between Bisanga and Feriduni, it seems that Bisanga is more conservative and strongly values long term planning and avoiding risk over the short term. However, he does seem to be a strategist, which I like.

I have read posts like this:

Dr. Bisanga is confident that FUE, when done correctly, will eliminate dramatic reduction in the donor often resulting in a "moth-eaten" look and allow patients to wear very short hair with no visible signs of surgery.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/169476-potential-recommendation-dr-christian-bisanga-brussels-belgium.html

will have to combine beard hair with the first op to achieve around 3000 grafts, possibly still a gap between the frontal and mid area.

We design to keep shaved, grow longer and the look will not be as good.

Dr Feriduni, Dr Bisanga, Dr De Reys - Hair Transplant-Hair Restoration Topics - Hair Transplant section - Hairloss Experiences Hairloss Forum

It seems that he has experience with (and advocates) the vision I have in mind. Also, I have seen great results from him like this:

2850 FUE BHR Dr Bisanga - Sept 2012 - Hair Transplant Patient Results/updates - Hair Transplant section - Hairloss Experiences Hairloss Forum

I am not that fixated about my specific hairline, although a natural looking NW2 would be ideal. In my avatar I look like a NW 2.5, but I am a 3 and counting since I am not on propecia yet (I will be soon).

I have heard Feriduni described as a "YOLO doctor" and I like that mindset because it's true. Also, YOYO (you're only young once), which is particularly important to me right now. On the other hand, I am concerned that Bisanga will be more conservative than I want to be.

However, I have a lot of beard and body hair available and that could affect Bisanga's long term planning given the 2nd link I posted.

Does anyone have any information on whether Feriduni plans like Bisanga above? Basically for people opting to have a buzzcut and basing the HT process around that.

As for Lorenzo, I haven't heard much of anything negative about him. He's a bit mysterious in that regard and my one worry is that he doesn't speak English and communication may not be ideal.

Edited by Matt27

It all boils down to your own personal preference as you've picked probably 3 of the 5 or 6 bes fue docs IMO.

My own personal preference would be Lorenzo.

You obviously know what you want and have laid out your plans bearing the future in mind which a lot of people dont.

Which ever one you decide you have made the right choice you cannot go wrong with any of these three.

Good luck to you and I hope you get the best possible outcome.

Have a nice day.

Who are your other 2/3?

Having just gone through a great experience with Dr bisanga and his team, I would surely recommend Dr bisanga.nthat bring said, I think very highly of Dr lorenzo as well. I think you should consult with each and see who you feel more comfortable with. For Dr bisanga you can contact sl who is on this site and acts as Dr bisangas patient advisor. His service, experience and knowledge was a big part in me chosing Dr bisanga.

Thanks, I will do that when the time comes.

Erdogan is highly recommended, but tbh I am not considering Turkish doctors for the sole reason that regulations over there are different and I want to be as cautious as possible.

Hello matt I hope your well.

As you have discounted turkey 2 of my favourite docs are of no use to you.

Erdoğan and kesser.

In the states I've always liked feller and Shapiro.

I thought you had narrowed your choice down to your top 3?

If I were you I wouldn't rule out Erdoğan as being a recommended doc here if you were to have any problems the forum is a great source of leverage in getting things sorted and he is IMO the best fue doc but each to their own.

Your choices so far are excellent.

Good luck to you.

Have a good evening

When it comes to mini perfect extractions I would strongly recommmend Dr. Bisanga as he is using minimum size manual tools and does all or most of the extractions by himself. His own representative is shaving his head after many transplants (Stephen). Also one of my ex collegemates had HT with him and recently shaving his head with an amazing natural look.

This is my golden advice. Good luck Buddy.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

btw if I don't respond to your in particular, it doesn't mean I'm not grateful, just that I don't have anything to follow up with :)

Hi matt,

Just to let you know lorenzo speaks English I left ther last week and had lots of conversations with him in english

Sounds good.Some people have said that he uses a translator, but maybe he learned or became more fluent while he was over at Farjo.

Hello matt I hope your well.

As you have discounted turkey 2 of my favourite docs are of no use to you.

Erdoğan and kesser.

In the states I've always liked feller and Shapiro.

I thought you had narrowed your choice down to your top 3?

If I were you I wouldn't rule out Erdoğan as being a recommended doc here if you were to have any problems the forum is a great source of leverage in getting things sorted and he is IMO the best fue doc but each to their own.

Your choices so far are excellent.

Good luck to you.

Have a good evening

I have narrowed it down to 3, but my list is tentative and could change. Anyway Erdogan is highly recommended even by Mickey on here so maybe I should do some research on him.

When it comes to mini perfect extractions I would strongly recommmend Dr. Bisanga as he is using minimum size manual tools and does all or most of the extractions by himself. His own representative is shaving his head after many transplants (Stephen). Also one of my ex collegemates had HT with him and recently shaving his head with an amazing natural look.

This is my golden advice. Good luck Buddy.

Thanks a lot. This is a big deal. I think I am starting to lean toward Bisanga. Do Lorenzo and Feriduni use larger punches? I have read that Bisanga uses 0.75 mm to 0.8 mm.