Coalition docs charging 100 pounds for consultation

Hi all, I emailed a recommended clinic here in the uk and they want GBP 100 just for the consultation. Is this the norm? I was under the impression the consultation should be free.

Edited by splitting hairs
Pound sign incorrect

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

It is quite normal for the practice of charging for a consultation not every clinic will do this but many will make a charge. If you consult with most professionals in the medical/surgical field they will make a charge for their time.

If you are at the stage of researching many Doctors perhaps you should go down the route of the online consult first until you have narrowed your choice.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

I went for a consultation with Harley Street Hair Clinic in 2010/11 and it was free. Then a few months later they did Wayne Rooney's transplant then all of a sudden the consultations were charged at 100 pounds. HDC are a good clinic that will give you a very detailed consultation in London of an hour which is free. They visit London quite a few times a year. That will give you a great idea of what can be achieved and also take a look at graft numbers and your donor. The surgeons in Belgium are also great if you are willing to travel and they are free but very long wait for those. I think it's worth the wait though to see a decent doc.

Splitting,

Some doctors will apply this fee to your surgery if you choose to schedule. Maybe you can ask if this is the case?

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

As a business i would rather lgive 30 mins of my time & a good chance i would gain there trust & maybe $8.000 / $30.000 down the line because I know people walking in my clinic is very serious of what they want, because for most men esp takes balls just to speak with somebody about there problem.

If they are THAT good, it's worth it. However, I'm personally against a fee for in person consults, however, I'm not against insisting the pt start with an online consultation as a lot of pts can be weeded out as candidates that way based on their photos and expectations.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

IDN why anyone wud think a doctors time is free? a lotta ppl are a PITA and will ask a 1000 questions and keep the doctor there for an hour. time is money.

I don't work for free and I doubt the OP does either and obviously neither does the doctor. its almost always applied to ur HT if you opt to have it done at that clinic tho.

Cosmetic surgeons have traditionally at least here in the US utilized in person consultations and websites as major marketing tools. Fees are therefor quite uncommon as it might create an impediment to get the prospective patient in the door so to speak. Many employ non physician "consultants" whose job is to close the deal once face to face contact is made. Ultimately it all comes down to marketing strategy. I doubt HT clinics are much different in this regard.

Edited by hairweare

I'd suggest going to the docs who offer free consultations. Every doc will give different estimates on how many grafts you need and some docs are able to achieve excellent graft yield with minimal grafts versus others. You can actually compare and contrast similar surgical cases on every hair loss forum. To pay for a "guestimate" first initial meeting is not something seen often anymore.