Heartbroken and mental breakdown...that is what all i have to say

Alliswell

I don't have anymore strength and power to express my pains, worries and sorrows as i have lost all my hope. Its been 9 months and this is what i have got...5% or 7% growth. And i don't think coming months are going to make any difference. May be 1 or 2% improvement at the max i believe. I am not taking Minxoxidil or Fin due to side effects. Regardless of them a 9 month progress shouldn't be this WORSE/SICKENING/UGLY.

I was told by the doctor not to read forums out on the internet as they mislead me and stressed that it takes 2 full years to get the full result....which i am tired to hear and get convinced of anymore. My life goals (gaining a pleasant appearance, my marriage, my parents' happiness from it, family welfare etc) that i was dreaming to achieve of from this HT are RUINED to the max by the very same HT. Could have been a bit better if i had not opted for it.

With the current mindset that nothing can convince me to stay positive of the HT progress anymore, i have the below questions

1. What is the procedure to get my HT fee refunded? Atleast 70% of it

2. How i can survive for the rest of my life? Live with concealers, wigs....? I don't know how far i can live with them on a daily basis...constantly thinking of hiding it from ppl around every minute

3. Is there any magic that can make ppl close to me not to realize that i am with a concealer/wig....? Especially even from a wife...? (with a hopless next to impossible hope that someone would even marry me)

P.S: I was near to the HT clinic till 7 months and moved to a different state then. Called them twice for a skyp appointment which wasn't still reverted with.

I shaved my hair last month...Month 8

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know what your pre ops look like but have you thought about trying to let it grow it now and combing it? You're not ever going to have a dense look at that length.

Edited by Spanker

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I want to say I sympathize with you , but this doesn't sound right .

1. You are asking for a refund already without working things out with the Doctor first. You came to a public forum instead and some posters have done this as a form of blackmail .

2. You went to one of the worlds best surgeons . Why not wait 12 months and trust him to make things right .

3. No pre-op photos .

4. Did you follow all post-op instructions ? Shampoo ? Rogaine ?

I hope you give this enough time and give the doctor a chance .

I am very sorry to hear about this. I do believe that you are entitled to a full refund and I do hope that the moderators will get in contact with the clinic in order to reach a conclusion. What is your donor density like?

Out of curiosity,

Are you a smoker?

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

1. You are asking for a refund already without working things out with the Doctor first. You came to a public forum instead and some posters have done this as a form of blackmail .

2. You went to one of the worlds best surgeons . Why not wait 12 months and trust him to make things right .

3. No pre-op photos .

He clearly posted preop photos, and detailed in his first thread that he followed post op instructions, which he even listed. Can you read before foolishly implying (even subtly) of blackmail?

Edited by KO

I was told by the doctor not to read forums out on the internet as they mislead me and stressed that it takes 2 full years to get the full result....

Yeah your doctor is more or less trying to calm you down and stall for time. Max timeframe is 1.5 years, and that is already stretching it. Common strategy among doctors in all fields, if you don't like the result make the patient wait an extended period of time first in the hopes they quietly accept their loss and move on. Be persistent with your doctor (in a civil way of course).

My advice would be to grow it out, wait 12 months and then post photos. You'll need to start growing it out now for your 12 month comparison. You'll also need to realize that you only received 2300 grafts in a large area. I received close to that in my hairline alone, so any expectations of a crazy dense result may have been doomed from the beginning. Grow it out and see where you are at in a few months. That will give a fair comparison.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Even if he kept it short, there should be a noticeable difference, given how thick caliber his hair is. Rather it seems like he has worsened compared to preop as the balding area was narrower then...

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/attachment.php?attachmentid=59054&d=1396673580

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/attachment.php?attachmentid=70603&d=1416876634

3. No pre-op photos .

"Blackmail"??!! Incredibly stupid thing to say.

The guy's got a donkey of a result from surgery performed by a recommended surgeon. Dr. Gabel has almost certainly benefited from having his very good work showcased here so, I'm sorry but it's only fitting that his blunders appear here too.

Why should the guy wait another year for the results of a second procedure with a doctor who screwed it up first time around?

I found myself in a similar situation with a coalition doctor who made me wait 18 months before finally accepting - after much coercion on my part - that he'd botched the job and giving me a 50% refund which I put towards a second procedure that, after 6 months, is chugging along beautifully right now.

I think the guy's entitled to a FULL refund.

Good luck, bro

"Blackmail"??!! Incredibly stupid thing to say.

The guy's got a donkey of a result from surgery performed by a recommended surgeon. Dr. Gabel has almost certainly benefited from having his very good work showcased here so, I'm sorry but it's only fitting that his blunders appear here too.

Why should the guy wait another year for the results of a second procedure with a doctor who screwed it up first time around?

I found myself in a similar situation with a coalition doctor who made me wait 18 months before finally accepting - after much coercion on my part - that he'd botched the job and giving me a 50% refund which I put towards a second procedure that, after 6 months, is chugging along beautifully right now.

I think the guy's entitled to a FULL refund.

Good luck, bro

Who were your first and second surgeons?

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

I'm not giving the name of my first surgeon.

The 2nd was Dr Patrick Mwamba.

Was the first doctor based in Europe or the States? hehe

Hey bro its money, time and grafts down the drain but its not the end of the world. I hope you can at least get some kind of refund money-wise cause the emotional trauma, the time lost and the grafts noone can replace them.

From what i gother its a strip surgery so buzzing them down which could be a good option is not easy now cause you have to keep a minimum length on your sides which makes the top look empty.

Committing to a strip surgery and stopping the hairloss medications is the worst thing you could do bro. You should have thought about this or be warned.

I think you have to man up now and check your options through real research with a reputable doctor. I also think you should look into FUE and ways to keep a buzzed down hairstyle, maybe put some grafts on the scar, do SMP on it etc.

Alliswell,

I'm very sorry to read that you are so despondent after your hair transplant. This does seem like a small number of grafts give the area covered. But, in comparing your pre-op pics with your 9 month results, I agree that you should have seen more significant growth by now. However, I also agree with the excellent advice Spanker has given you, "grow it out, wait 12 months and then post photos." Though you may not like how it looks, you'll need longer hair in order to make a true comparison. Also, you still have some months of growth and maturation to come. Despite the views of some alarmists, this wait time is not a smokescreen. Patients can see significant improvements up to 18 months post-op.

As I'm sure anyone that frequents this community knows, Dr. Gabel is not only one of the best hair transplant surgeons practicing today, but he is also very caring and concerned. No I know that he will do whatever he can to ensure your happiness but I recommend that you try and maintain open and positive commutation with the clinic.

I will contact Dr. Gabel to make him aware of this post and ask him to contact you privately as well as post a response here. I also encourage you to reach out to him via phone. Ultimately, I hope you get the results you deserve.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website