5,000 Grafts FUE with Dr Bhatti - October 2014

Transformer

After sending Dr Bhatti an initial enquiry in July 2014 the Dr concluded that I would need 4,500 grafts for my type 5 hair loss pattern. The Dr initially estimated that he would be able to harvest 3,000 from scalp and the remainder from chest/beard so as not to over harvest the scalp hair in one session. The Dr advised that since the cost of body hair is double that of scalp hair that I could split the treatment into 2 sessions with a gap of 6 months in-between if I wanted to. As I would be travelling to India especially for this treatment and would be taking time off from work etc. I mentioned to the Dr that my preference would be to undertake the procedure via a ‘mega session’ i.e. over two days. The Dr agreed to my request and so a deposit was paid and the dates were booked for late October 2014. I also had to adjust the dates by a week or so due to work commitments and the Dr and his team were kind enough to accommodate my request.

Prior to the first day of the HT I went to the Dr’s clinic for a 30 minute consultation where I was briefly told about the procedure, a hairline was drawn and I was given the opportunity to ask any questions I may have had. Day 1 started at 7:30am and the usual hair shaving, donor area preparation and blood sample was taken. Day 1 lasted until close to 6pm and before leaving I was given some medication for the evening was advised to not sleep until midnight and apply saline spray after every 20 minutes. I had little to no pain and was able to get some rest in-between the 20 minute intervals. Rather than sleep on the bed the hotel had a comfortable chaise lounge which aided me to rest at an angle which wouldn’t affect my donor or recipient area. I also requested some extra pillows and duvet cover and I woke up fairly refreshed the following morning for my second session. On the second day I again had some fruit juice and muesli for breakfast, and like the day before the driver from the clinic (Sachin) arrived on time and waited for us patiently in the hotel car park before driving us to the clinic.

I’ve intentionally kept most of the details light as the procedure and details on technicians etc. has already been documented in detail in another thread by a fellow poster. That thread can be found HERE: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/177363-hair-transplant-dr-bhatti-oct-14-part-2-procedure.html

I opted for the premium package, which at the time of booking was at 85 Rupees per graft from the scalp and 170 Rupees for each graft from the body/beard. I understand that the prices have since gone up to 99 Rupees for each scalp graft and 179 for each body graft. Given the relative weak strength of the Rupee right now I paid just over ?5k for my treatment. I do not know the comparison of how much the same level of treatment and care would have cost in Europe but I’m sure that opting for Darling Buds ends up offering much better value for money.

5,059 grafts in total. 4,212 which were from scalp and 847 from the beard.

Singles = 925

Doubles = 2,012

Triples = 1,275

I will also follow up with some of my opinions on travelling to India, getting a HT in India, the city of Chandigarh, the hotel I stayed at and some of the other items that I think would be useful for people contemplating undertaking a HT at the Darling Buds clinic.

I will try to update this thread on a monthly basis but in the meantime please feel free to provide any comments or ask any questions that you may have about the procedure or Darling Buds.

5b32e2af32d4d_PreHTTop.jpg.671f34a43838143f9ce16ee5a44f6871.jpg

5b32e2af54681_PreHTRight.jpg.a4f7b0fb21eaac7182c441b0bcba946a.jpg

5b32e2af7d1c3_PreHTLeft.jpg.1e255d1de0e38fd81829e6efb7a01d0e.jpg

5b32e2af97854_Day1Top.jpg.3b84ed4e204aadfc45493a11d007516a.jpg

5b32e2afaee1b_Day1Right.jpg.158adc3f7f3a4f323f37246dbe0a1d2e.jpg

5b32e2b06564a_Day1Left.jpg.dacf5d0b29dab546a624d91a78b0e561.jpg

5b32e2b088b23_Day1Front.jpg.5047aad5e2a8d23f5e94c5c8bec67dc7.jpg

5b32e2b0cc04a_DayTwoCrown.jpg.de6778fe368feb5eb4d015b86e287d7f.jpg

5b32e2b0e1bbd_DayTwoBeard.JPG.4df31af91e5d29ecdefd2ef9c008492d.JPG

5b32e2b0f0c72_Day3Leftt.jpg.5e04e7c20801b9b4a7c679fa0afbde4d.jpg

5b32e2b110bb2_Day3Right.jpg.cb001227de11f6b8188bedede9f495f0.jpg

5b32e2b1272ae_Day4Crown.jpg.91f2a0dc90c63dada963eb8ab0c308be.jpg

5b32e2b13ce54_Day7Beard.jpg.57a8e9685aebffbfdceb5630e88ae81e.jpg

5b32e2b14c4ca_Day13Front.jpg.7d62957fb5c7ce702eace9da688d7778.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After sending Dr Bhatti an initial enquiry in July 2014 the Dr concluded that I would need 4,500 grafts for my type 5 hair loss pattern. The Dr initially estimated that he would be able to harvest 3,000 from scalp and the remainder from chest/beard so as not to over harvest the scalp hair in one session. The Dr advised that since the cost of body hair is double that of scalp hair that I could split the treatment into 2 sessions with a gap of 6 months in-between if I wanted to. As I would be travelling to India especially for this treatment and would be taking time off from work etc. I mentioned to the Dr that my preference would be to undertake the procedure via a ‘mega session’ i.e. over two days. The Dr agreed to my request and so a deposit was paid and the dates were booked for late October 2014. I also had to adjust the dates by a week or so due to work commitments and the Dr and his team were kind enough to accommodate my request.

Prior to the first day of the HT I went to the Dr’s clinic for a 30 minute consultation where I was briefly told about the procedure, a hairline was drawn and I was given the opportunity to ask any questions I may have had. Day 1 started at 7:30am and the usual hair shaving, donor area preparation and blood sample was taken. Day 1 lasted until close to 6pm and before leaving I was given some medication for the evening was advised to not sleep until midnight and apply saline spray after every 20 minutes. I had little to no pain and was able to get some rest in-between the 20 minute intervals. Rather than sleep on the bed the hotel had a comfortable chaise lounge which aided me to rest at an angle which wouldn’t affect my donor or recipient area. I also requested some extra pillows and duvet cover and I woke up fairly refreshed the following morning for my second session. On the second day I again had some fruit juice and muesli for breakfast, and like the day before the driver from the clinic (Sachin) arrived on time and waited for us patiently in the hotel car park before driving us to the clinic.

I’ve intentionally kept most of the details light as the procedure and details on technicians etc. has already been documented in detail in another thread by a fellow poster. That thread can be found HERE: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/177363-hair-transplant-dr-bhatti-oct-14-part-2-procedure.html

I opted for the premium package, which at the time of booking was at 85 Rupees per graft from the scalp and 170 Rupees for each graft from the body/beard. I understand that the prices have since gone up to 99 Rupees for each scalp graft and 179 for each body graft. Given the relative weak strength of the Rupee right now I paid just over ?5k for my treatment. I do not know the comparison of how much the same level of treatment and care would have cost in Europe but I’m sure that opting for Darling Buds ends up offering much better value for money.

5,059 grafts in total. 4,212 which were from scalp and 847 from the beard.

Singles = 925

Doubles = 2,012

Triples = 1,275

I will also follow up with some of my opinions on travelling to India, getting a HT in India, the city of Chandigarh, the hotel I stayed at and some of the other items that I think would be useful for people contemplating undertaking a HT at the Darling Buds clinic.

I will try to update this thread on a monthly basis but in the meantime please feel free to provide any comments or ask any questions that you may have about the procedure or Darling Buds.

Congratulations, Transformer. Over 5000 grafts.....that is a big FUE session! Thanks for sharing. Will be looking forward to your updates. I wish you all the best.

Best regards,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

5000 grafts is a big session, I don't know how u managed to do it over 2 days. I was tried after my one day session.

Thanks transformer for sharing your experience. Looking forward to your monthly write ups. Also thanks for mentioning my thread aswell.

5,000 grafts over two days was a bit of a challenging procedure. I have to admit to not fully appreciating how tiring such a large procedure would be and I would estimate that I had somewhere close to 50 injections into my scalp/ head over the entire two days. Not that these injections were particularly painful but the sheer number of injections and scale of the procedure was slightly overwhelming. I can now understand why the Dr initially suggested doing this procedure over two separate sessions.

I also accept that 5,000 grafts won't take me back to my teenage years but it will hopefully be a marked improvement from where I was prior to my HT.

Here are some of the pictures which I sent to the Dr initially when discussing my plans to undergo a HT at Darling Buds. These should hopefully give you an indication of my donor area.

5b32e2b333d50_Donorright.JPG.ebf6782e8b0bbe2a88daaaf1c352bbde.JPG

5b32e2b345704_Donorleft.JPG.3286b667a8f1dc9f5d9de0cb8e87d7fd.JPG

Hi transformer...It whole will go well dear...our best wishesh are with u..

Do u have any idea that is it possible to opt FUT for first transplant (becoz it gives more healthy hair and sucess ratio is also better than FUE, as much as I could understand. Morever in FUE there may be lot of dot scars) then after some time go for FUE for 2nd HT to fill linear scar of first FUT.

Will it may be a good choice???

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All

I'm now at the 5 week mark so just wanted to provide you with an update of how things are going and open it up for any comments / questions.

In general I have been quite diligent with ensuring I take my meds at the same time every morning followed by a thin application of Johnson Hair Oil. In the evening I am applying 2% minoxidil foam. I also wash my hair twice a week with Johnson Baby Shampoo. The post HT regime is that which the Dr recommended and I have not deviated from it or added to it.

I have no pain, itchiness, redness, spots/ pimples or marks on my recipient area. However, it is still numb and I would say I only have 20-30% feeling.

My donor area seems a bit sparse and I'm hoping it will fill out a bit more as time goes on. I'm not experiencing any itching on the left or right donor areas but I do experience itching from time to time around the back of my head in the centre. Nothing too major or unpleasant though.

So far I'm happy/ ok with the way things are going and like everyone else that has been in this situation I am eagerly anticipating the fruits of my (and the Dr's) labour. :)

The pictures were taken this morning under natural light with no flash. I also had a buzz cut (grade 1) about 10 days ago to even out the sides with the top.

Thanks.

5b32e311a3e64_CrownDecone.jpg.d1557977f0400e643f0b068eb07cf986.jpg

5b32e311b3743_DonorleftDec.jpg.ba4cc8c9b449bbf3aeef7579a8d23d53.jpg

5b32e311cb8ee_TopDec.jpg.2387b0073ec264a7ef39dfc63c17dd5d.jpg

5b32e311e63ae_DonorrightDec.jpg.eb0a626f4762e6baf43aacd4c3ec9e79.jpg

5b32e31255f0f_FrontDec.jpg.705da12e5d5abb2c7cf269a9496dc46f.jpg

Transformer I m not a expert member but by the experience gained on this forum and things explained by u, it seems that u r on right track...u will have to wait for just 2-3 mnths more for some remarkable changes...but till now it seems good enough...all the best..

Do u have any idea that is it possible to opt FUT for first transplant (becoz it gives more healthy hair and sucess ratio is also better than FUE, as much as I could understand. Morever in FUE there may be lot of dot scars) then after some time go for FUE for 2nd HT to fill linear scar of first FUT.

Will it may be a good choice???

do some research. FUT does not produce healthier hair and FUE does not leave dots. educate urself!

do some research. FUT does not produce healthier hair and FUE does not leave dots. educate urself!

Thank you...I was not aware...if it is so then why people debate for fut vs fue...except the cost.

the search button is ur friend....

I did my research..and I wrote which I could understand by research..but u corrected me and directed me to educate myself...may be I am wrong and u know better than me...

Infact I have already come out frm the dilema of fue-fut.

do some research. FUT does not produce healthier hair and FUE does not leave dots. educate urself! the search button is ur friend....

Because FUT is the least traumatic technique for graft harvesting (compared to manual or motor/robot powered FUE,) FUT grafts gives better yields and healthier hair (considering technique is correct) as a rule, and FUE leaves dots although they are very tiny and they can be easily covered by short hair. These are basic knowledge and relevant information can be found everywhere in this forum.

NİTİN: I did my research..and I wrote which I could understand by research..but u corrected me and directed me to educate myself...may be I am wrong and u know better than me...

NITIN,

If you do some research about this so-called poster BUSA, you can easily find information that he was often confusing things and he was warned by the moderators many times.

This is also number 1 rule of HTN,

If BUSA says/writes something about anything, the exact opposite is true and accurate.