5,000 Grafts FUE with Dr Bhatti - October 2014

Transformer

NITIN,

If you do some research about this so-called poster BUSA, you can easily find information that he was often confusing things and he was warned by the moderators many times.

This is also number 1 rule of HTN,

If BUSA says/writes something about anything, the exact opposite is true and accurate.

Lol....

Thank you very much...Now I am also agree with the rule...earlier I thought he is a senior member and may have better knowledge than me....he also confused me...but now I can better understand...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LMAO... u still nut hugging FUT doctors I see? FUT is the least traumatic technique? really? so u think carving a chunk of flesh from someone scalp and destroying who knows how many grafts in the process is LEAST traumatic? yea ok, u keep telln urself that and maybe ill start to believe ur own BS!

FUT gives better yield? you really need to educate urself vs. giving out misleading information to ppl. and no they don't leave visible dots that are covered by short hair. if done properly by a quality FUE surgeon there is ZERO evidence on the scalp or the beard if performed properly.

you sound like a 4 yr old. "if he says one thing its the opposite". really dude? what are u in 3rd grade? grow up! and most important stop giving out advice on subjects you know absolutely nothing about.

once again.... how many FUE patients seek out an FUT doctor to repair them? how many?

Because FUT is the least traumatic technique for graft harvesting (compared to manual or motor/robot powered FUE,) FUT grafts gives better yields and healthier hair (considering technique is correct) as a rule, and FUE leaves dots although they are very tiny and they can be easily covered by short hair. These are basic knowledge and relevant information can be found everywhere in this forum.

NITIN,

If you do some research about this so-called poster BUSA, you can easily find information that he was often confusing things and he was warned by the moderators many times.

If BUSA says/writes something about anything, the exact opposite is true and accurate.

hey listen if ur feeling were hurt cause I told u to use the search button for the most basic of questions then get over it! what exactly are you confused about?

u keep taking advice from trolls like fisher4man and ull be in for quite a disappointment. I've been here since this forum began in the late 90's and trolls like fisher4man come and go with their so-called advice and for some reason think they are now an expert in the field of HT's cause they have read a few threads on this forum lol.

I can provide you with DOZENS of links from the last 6 months alone from patients looking for advice on how to repair their FUT procedure but u won't find ONE post anywhere ever of a FUE patient lookn for advice on how to repair their FUE procedure by an FUT doctor.

but hey u role the dice.... its ur scalp and ur money but remember once ur donor hair is depleted from a botched surgery then its gone forever and no matter how good the FUT surgeon you WILL still be left with a scar on the back of ur head.

it may heal just just fine or may turn out to be disfiguring. thats a roll of the dice and even if u go to the best FUT doctor on the planet you still run the risk of a poorly healing scar and then ull be like thousands of others seeking out an FUE doctor to repair ur poorly healed scar.

easy fix. just go FUE from the start. doctors like Doganay and Erdogan perform LARGE FUE transplants quite regularly and there is ZERO evidence of scarring and their yield is close to 100% so forget what that clown fisher4men is saying cause he is really clueless about yield or anything else for that matter.

NITIN,

Lol....

Thank you very much...Now I am also agree with the rule...earlier I thought he is a senior member and may have better knowledge than me....he also confused me...but now I can better understand...

• 2 weeks later...

I don?t know BUSA, but at least in this case he?s absolutely right. The topic FUE vs. FUT had been discussed more than exhaustively over the last years, and the gist of it supports the posters position. Ad hominem arguments and blatant and bold statements like "FUT is the least invasive method" won?t help anyone.

Anyway this is not the thread to discuss abstract topics and fight kindergarden wars, but Transformers place to share and discuss his specific case.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello and Happy 2015 to fellow Forum members.

I'm now at the two month mark and wanted to check in with my progress. So far things are going as expected (I think!), I'm not really experiencing pain in any of the donor areas or the recipient area. I occasionally have a slight itching feeling across some parts of the recipient area but nothing too uncomfortable.

I'm happy to be seeing a number of hairs growing from where I didn't have hair before and I am hoping that over time these will grow thicker and longer. The hairline for some reason is growing slower than the rest of the recipient area but I'm not sure if this has anything to do with beard hair being transplanted in this region and therefore it grows/ beds in slower in comparison to donor scalp hair?. I am hoping that over the next few weeks there will be more density showing up in my hairline given that we consciously increased the density in this region as well as using the thicker beard hair. I can still see a number of black dots across various parts of my scalp so I'm hoping for some more magic to occur by next months update.

In terms of routine I'm still on the Finasteride, Biotin, Minoxidil foam, Hair oil and J&J Baby shampoo as advised by the doctor. The 1 bottle of 2% minoxidil foam which the Dr prescribed is almost coming to an end and I imagine that by the end of this week I will start to use the 5% Minoxidil foam as advised by the Dr.

Please note that I had a grade 1 buzz cut around 10 days ago to even out the sides with the top.

Happy to hear your comments and questions.

5b32e38f02aaa_Januarycrown.jpg.f14c019d4b64cde35d57d52e80710fa3.jpg

5b32e38f14c4f_JanuaryRight.jpg.83cb7e2f4d198e6f548eb61c94dfd4d0.jpg

5b32e38f2b47b_Januaryleft.jpg.44ff5a991f73069050b10a68abacc87c.jpg

5b32e38f41b54_JanuaryHairline.jpg.8fc7d65232d603acf2f40621286b8f3b.jpg

Happy New Year to you and the hair loss community.

I would say Transformer your on track, most of your grafts are sleeping at the moment and hopefully they would wake up around the 3 or 4 months mark. Im only few weeks behind from my 3 months and I would say its the same for me aswell, my native hair have growth back but grafts are still asleep. I would be interested to see your review from 4 months onwards.

Happy Growing

Congrats on hitting the 2 month mark! Thins ought to start happening in another 4 to six weeks. Keep us posted!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 1 month later...

Hello Forum Members

I'm a bit late with my update at month 3. It should have been posted around the 30th of each month but as I get my hair cut at every 3 or 4 weeks the timing of my last hair cut (23rd) wouldn't have left much to see in the update pictures. Going forwards I will try and update this thread around the middle of each month.

So here are my pictures at the 3 month mark and having got my last hair cut some 3 or so weeks ago. I can clearly see many news hairs that have grown in and look healthy. I can also see a number of miniature hairs when I look closely in the mirror - I am hoping these will begin to gain thickness over the coming few weeks. Along with some further density in the hair line region as we had intentionally packed these with a larger number of grafts per cm. So far no obvious difference visually in the transplanted beard hair and scalp hair. I would also estimate that I have approximately 60% of the original sensations back in my recipient area.

Am looking forward to soon being able to style my hair and getting something other than a buzz cut when at the barbers.

Looking forward to your comments and questions.

5b32e454c65b4_CrownFeb.jpg.f8398129e90a53e32bb089f96833da2f.jpg

5b32e454e20cf_CrownIIFeb.jpg.dc2c689d8433b189866b508e857d031d.jpg

5b32e454f2b42_HairlineFeb.jpg.d26b8e0af90b96ab9980c3a9d4b45c13.jpg

5b32e4550f2ed_LeftFeb.jpg.a6fc5e75a635860fa18bf1a3989c9cf6.jpg

5b32e4551f06f_RightFeb.jpg.c8c1d677552bfa988c8b4cd51a29478c.jpg

• 1 month later...

Dear All

So it's my update for month 4. Technically I'm now at 4 months and 2 weeks since my HT in late October. A few changes to inform you all of; I'm noticing that of the grafts which have sprouted the pace of growth is fairly even, as a result I haven't had to get my hair cut since late January. The coverage also seems to have become more dense because the thickness of the hair seems to be increasing but I'm hoping that there's still quite some way to go. I do see some very fine hairs and dark spots, especially around my frontal area so I hope these will grow out to be hairs which add further to the overall results.

Most of the hairs do seem to be a bit unruly and growing upright but I'm hoping these hairs will become more supple as they mature and maybe even grow in length. I haven't yet decided if I will opt for a buzz cut over the coming few weeks or try to outgrow this phase and simply let my hair work itself out into a natural style of some sort.

I'm also feeling more sensations return to my recipient area with somewhere between 70/80% of the sensation in comparison to what I was pre-op.

Happy to hear your comments and/ or questions.

5b32e51539ff1_HairlineMarch.jpg.6c8a9c9bd72e680a5ae569410c4f8dea.jpg

5b32e5154c3f9_LeftMarch.jpg.72a4ef3fb4def92fd661042fd53dcb30.jpg

5b32e5155a43a_RightMarch.jpg.2db17ccdaeca54e23e077d211e77f400.jpg

5b32e51662f5b_CrownMarch.jpg.07fe3078af676eabd57f59640cf6d4c9.jpg

Things are happening! Great start. Unruly hair is the norm and it will take a while after your procedure matures for the hair to take on a more normal appearance. Good luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Looks pretty good my friend, I have a same pattern hair loss as yours (look at my album), I think Dr. Bhatti did a pretty good job, I am pretty sure the growth pattern will become more diffuse and actually from both right and left side the hairline looks pretty natural. Good luck with further growth my friend, fabulous progress so far.

My Thread: 

Hi Transformer

Your looking good for 4 months post, how you getting on with the medication, any side effects, do you think the med is helping you?

Hey buddy - hope you are doing well.

I'm still on the fin, biotin and minoxidil. I haven't noticed any side effects and it's hard to tell whether it's the medication which is helping my hair growth or whether it would've happened naturally. I have no way to compare as this is the first time I have undergone a transplant and/or taken any medication for my hair loss/growth.

I am obviously conscious of the side effects associated with finasteride and although I don't think I am experiencing any I think once I am 6 months post I may decide to stop using the product. Given that I was a NW6 at the start I don't see any detriment of stopping finasteride as their are no DHT susceptible hairs in my case. I'm keen to know if my logic holds true on this or whether I'm missing something?

I'll probably carry on taking the Biotin and Minoxidl for the foreseeable future.

if you do not mind, how many scalp hair and how many beard hairs were used for transplant?

5,059 grafts in total. 4,212 which were from scalp and 847 from the beard.

Singles = 925

Doubles = 2,012

Triples = 1,275

Thanks for the reply.

Ive just looked at your before photos and IMO I dont see any point in you taking the meds after 6 months. You may have few native hairs left but is it worth taking the meds for that!!!!

5,059 grafts in total. 4,212 which were from scalp and 847 from the beard.

Singles = 925

Doubles = 2,012

Triples = 1,275

I believe you're from India. If yes, can you tell me the brand name of fin & min you guys get over there please.

I agree, the minoxidil use caused my scalp to itch and flake, I have tried different brands both here in US and in England, did give me decent growth but once I stopped it the scalp looked much more bare than I started now I don't know if that was due to natural progression of hair loss or combination of progression and loss of the newly grown hair, either way the daily itching, redness and flaking was not worth it, thus considering hair transplant. Now others may have had different experience, this has been my experience with Minoxidil.

My Thread: