5,000 Grafts FUE with Dr Bhatti - October 2014

Transformer

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also if I may be little curious, how has your beard area progressed?. The thickness of beard area which was harvested is it back to normal pre-transplanted thickness?. Thank you.

My Thread: 

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Transformer. Congrats on getting the procedure done. Looking good so far. I am hoping to have a similar procedure with Dr Bhatti and my hair loss is very similar to yours so I'm keeping a close eye on your thread.

Any updates?? Looking forward to seeing them..

Hello All

So here is my update at 5 months and 2 weeks. The growth over the last few weeks has been pretty impressive / noticeable. I have now had a number of people at work who were previously unaware of my HT comment that my hair seems to be growing well and top. I guess something must be working well in that case!

I got my last haircut some two or three weeks ago. I got it buzzed on the sides to a number 2 and I asked for the top to simply be cut evenly using scissors, I mentioned that I wanted to start growing the length of my hair on top so didn't want to have it cut too short. The hair on the front seems to be growing at a great pace and is somewhat more manageable now although stiff difficult to work into much of a style aside from this little quiff type thing I've got going on now. The hair around the crown seems to be a few months behind the rest of the HT hair and I would say is probably going through the ugly duckling phase now.

I'm hoping the next few weeks and months seem the same trajectory on growth as the last few have done. I'm thinking that my next haircut in May might just actually be a 'proper' one with a stylist at Tony & Guy.

Happy to hear your thoughts and comments.

5b32e5c69787d_RightApril.jpg.17dd6348782f048324aff03874baddfb.jpg

5b32e5c6adc05_LeftApril.jpg.ddaeee9ea88e1b3b31e6909785ad4103.jpg

5b32e5c6c372e_Hairline1April.jpg.d16dbe0f13af2a71e6ae622da4b392d0.jpg

5b32e5c6def3a_HairlineApril.jpg.041531afdb89aea413af82e42e4a29f7.jpg

5b32e5c6f246b_CrownApril.jpg.6161b89f55334791938d9244df26aad9.jpg

Looks great bro, you will need some further work on our crown later on, but I don't see and beard hairs standing out and looking differnet, in all good work by Dr. Bhatti.

Wonder of beard hairs were used mainly to fill in mid scalp and some of the crown. I think you will be a happy customer in 6 more months time.

Congratulations and good luck.

Do keep posting your updates for 1 full year.

My Thread: 

I am using the same medicine as what the Doctor prescribed - which is a generic type of Minoxidil, Finasteride and Biotin. I am not supplementing this with anything else aside from an active lifestyle maybe?! The results seem to be ok so far and I am not experiencing any adverse affects from using these tablets so I may keep using them for another 6 months and then review once again.

From what I remember the beard hairs were mainly used on the frontal third and then phased out as they moved towards the crown. I think I had somewhere in the region of 800 beard hairs extracted/implanted out of a total of 5,000 grafts so 20% or so of my transplanted hair will have originally been from my beard. So far I can't really tell the difference between beard or scalp hair aside from maybe on each side of my temple where the concentration of beard hairs seems to be greater and therefore slightly thicker and more unruly than the rest of the hair.

I've attached some pictures of my neck, one is at 7 days unshaved and the other is this evening after I had shaved this morning. Generally I'm happy with having used the beard hair and do not notice any difference although I would say that on the left hand side the Dr did extract some hairs slightly above my jaw line which has resulted in a slight difference in the pigmentation of the skin which is visible. Or maybe it's because I shave old school with a Merkur that the difference is so visible! Either way I will try a take a picture of this at next months update.

Let me know if any questions.

5b32e5cbc840e_NeckunshavedApril.jpg.d075bd49c785a42311422344b2ee6bee.jpg

5b32e5cbdfaa4_NeckshavedApril.jpg.97c4cecd71aeaf6fa3ad94ac1c8a614f.jpg

Wow, things are definitely motoring ahead, that's some transformation. You are little behind me in growth but once I was at your stage, there was no stopping me. I think the crown generally grows a lot slower so give it a few more months and hopefully it should be Ok too.

I think you've come a long way, must feel great!

I will update my 6 months pics in the next few days.

Cheers

Dr Bhatti 3305 FUE 20/10/2014

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...ct-2014-a.html

• 2 months later...

Hi transformer,

where did those beard hairs get planted? I'm very interested as I intend using my beard on my next ht..

do you know how many grafts your beard can give in total?

Can you now tell which is scalp hair and which is beard??

Thanks

Hi All

Apologies for the radio silence - no excuse really aside from just enjoying the summer and my new hair and so on. I am currently in between internet providers and will post an update as soon as my new service is in place within the next 10 days or so.

Hope to have more exciting things to share with you then.

Hey please update your pics as soon as possible in good lighting ( its a reuest not an order :P:rolleyes:....) ahough i will be going with dr radha , but sometimes get tempted for dr bhatti

Hows the donor area , do you feel its its depleted now

Will you go. For more sittings .?

How much donor area left.. .?

Any discounts ?

Your experience pros and cons of result as well as surgery experience

Thanks in advance

Please guide the bald fraternity :P

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I think Transformer is probably so happy with his result, he has just resigned himself to not waste any of his new 'with-hair' time on any hair forum sites but to enjoy the rest of his life with hair.

Judging from his last set of pics and where he started, I would say he was well on his way to a phenomenal result.

I think Transformer is probably so happy with his result, he has just resigned himself to not waste any of his new 'with-hair' time on any hair forum sites but to enjoy the rest of his life with hair.

Judging from his last set of pics and where he started, I would say he was well on his way to a phenomenal result.

Yeah...he is probably over the top of the world with his new hairline and doesn't feel the need to come back to this forum anymore. But it would really be nice if he or his clinic post d the final outcome as this was one of the rare big FUE sessions that we usually come across and hence it would really help the community, and if it's a great result then huge positive publicity for the clinic too.