My second hair transplant surgery. Where to go? Which doctor to choose?

Got my pre-operative consultation on the 13th. of July, 2015,

and my date of surgery on the 14th. of July, 2015. Spex has been a great help to me, as well as the staff at Feriduni's clinic. Helpful, amicable and professional. I might opt for a higher hairline and less fue's. They seem okay with this, but he needs to see me in person first, of course.

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have now gone and created a more proper blog, where I will be (also on this forum) posting monthly updates, if not weekly)!

https://fuehairtransplantrepairferidunihairclinic2015.wordpress.com/2015/04/05/my-upcoming-repair-hair-transplant-fue-at-dr-feridunis-hair-clinic-in-belgium-2015-13th-of-july/

Only 3 more months to go! New hairs are still growing in though.

Hi Mirrors,

Your hairloss really accelerated in only a year (from frontal recession to the diffuse pattern you described), do you think this is stress related that has been brought on by your experiences in the last year?

Also, how is propecia working out for you as of now?

I would also like to thank you for this & your other thread, I found it informative and has helped me (in a way) form my own expectations/hair ideals for my upcoming surgery in 6 months time. I hate to say it but you have somewhat acted as a martyr for prospective people, and outlined the what not to do steps for a HT.

All the best mate, I will be following your thread from now and hope you can get the result you clearly so badly desire

Hi Mirrors,

Your hairloss really accelerated in only a year (from frontal recession to the diffuse pattern you described), do you think this is stress related that has been brought on by your experiences in the last year?

Also, how is propecia working out for you as of now?

I would also like to thank you for this & your other thread, I found it informative and has helped me (in a way) form my own expectations/hair ideals for my upcoming surgery in 6 months time. I hate to say it but you have somewhat acted as a martyr for prospective people, and outlined the what not to do steps for a HT.

All the best mate, I will be following your thread from now and hope you can get the result you clearly so badly desire

Actually, the hair in my crown has gotten a bit denser, I think. Can't say for sure. But it certainly hasn't progressed for the worse, that much I can see. The original hairline has receded slightly. I actually had either miniaturization or diffuse thinning back then as well, and it looks about the same now as it did back then. Though, the only way I can know for sure, would be to grow my hair out, and compare.

I have managed to keep my stress levels low. I try my best not to think too much about my situation, and keep my eyes on the road ahead. I think I'm doing a fine job of that. I am also much more knowledgeable now than ever, in my effort to attack my hairloss from every possible angle.

Propecia, by the looks of things, (I have no side effects, and am considering adding either 0.5mg or 2.5mg of Dutasteride to my regimen) has managed to slow down the miniaturization and stopped the thinning of the crown and regrown some. I also just ordered Nizoral shampoo, and will be giving the much debated "RU58841" a shot, to see if it works or not for me.

I see what you mean by martyr, heh. I have played to fool. But it is not a hopeless situation. I will hopefully be able to put this all behind me after my repair surgery with Dr. Feriduni in Hasselt in July this year. All I want it to normalize the hairline and make it appropriate for 10 or even 20 years down the road from now. I curse my stupidity and the mad doctor who butchered me.

Who's your doctor?

Crossing my fingers.

All the best!

Hi , what was the main reason you chose dr feriduni over dr erdogan ? Really hope it works out for you !! I'm sure it will as you've chosen one of the very best

Professionalism and positive reviews and recommendations. Also, because I did not feel too keen on going to Turkey for a hair transplant. I will be taking ferry and driving from Norway to Belgium, so that saves me the hassle and stress of the airport.

Professionalism and positive reviews and recommendations. Also, because I did not feel too keen on going to Turkey for a hair transplant. I will be taking ferry and driving from Norway to Belgium, so that saves me the hassle and stress of the airport.

Dr. Feriduni seems to be excellent in hairlines. I think i read he stopped using motorized drill punches to extract fue grafts? Maybe to be efficient with yield. So, i am guessing your procedure would be manual? Good luck with everything.

Dr. Feriduni seems to be excellent in hairlines. I think i read he stopped using motorized drill punches to extract fue grafts? Maybe to be efficient with yield. So, i am guessing your procedure would be manual? Good luck with everything.

I am pretty sure he and his team will be utilizing manual extraction technique.

I will keep you all updated throughout my entire journey.

• 1 month later...

I am contemplating not to have another hair transplant, this year at least. If I grow my hair out long enough, I can still get away with appearing to have a full (but thinning) head of hair. Also, my financial situation is a fickle girl.

I am considering to switch up from Finasteride to Dutasteride. Any recommendations on where I can get a hold of this online? I don't want to use a toupee or hair fiber, or anything like that, but instead use some volumizer, to see if that will work at all. I know that I have enough quality body hair to fill even a Norwood 5-6 (possibly even 7) in. The best thing would be to mix the body hair with the scalp hair. Contacting Dr. Sunasi Umar perchance, somewhere down the road. I might actually postpone my next hair transplant repair for another 1-3 years, depending on how much hair I lose from now on and out. Hopefully my hair will look at least decent after growing it out to a certain length. This is going to be hard, but I don't want to make another mistake by exhausting my donor supply yet again, and only for a small region of my scalp.

What do you guys think about this? Does it sound reasonable, or ought I get it fixed now?

See how the meds switch is for a year. Dont jump to it. Look at numerous body hair results. I see your from Norway. Europe and Turkey seems to be putting out some great FUE results and now some clinics are using body hairs effectively too. Have multiple consultations. See what each doc us able to offer. Plan it carefully, best of luck.

See how the meds switch is for a year. Dont jump to it. Look at numerous body hair results. I see your from Norway. Europe and Turkey seems to be putting out some great FUE results and now some clinics are using body hairs effectively too. Have multiple consultations. See what each doc us able to offer. Plan it carefully, best of luck.
...and start saving your money. This journey is not going to be cheap. I would say wait for a year and then go for a good solid FUT. Dont plan for body hairs, that would be a last resort. See where your NW is going and dont waste any more donor hairs. Forget the peaks. Just get the frontal 3rd sorted out and looking good. Go FUT not FUE because you scar well, already have one, and dont want to possibly waste any in transection etc. Good luck.

...and start saving your money. This journey is not going to be cheap. I would say wait for a year and then go for a good solid FUT. Dont plan for body hairs, that would be a last resort. See where your NW is going and dont waste any more donor hairs. Forget the peaks. Just get the frontal 3rd sorted out and looking good. Go FUT not FUE because you scar well, already have one, and dont want to possibly waste any in transection etc. Good luck.
Yes. I'll try to get a job and start saving up some money. Also to give Dutasteride a fair chance at working, a year. I have put the "peaks" behind me, and now solely focus on correcting the front, because that is what is the most important thing. Thanks for the words. I will no longer foolhardily rush into these things. I think I've learned my lesson.

I have now canceled my hair restoration surgery with Dr. Feriduni in Belgium. My financial situation was never that good, and I had to resort to taking up a loan, which I now regret, hence I canceled it.

I will try and grow my hair out, it should look decent enough. I'll post some pictures when it has gained some length.

Just an opinion but I would reconsider another strip surgery . FUE can produce less yield and do damage to the grafts. Just choose wisely from the suggested top surgeon list get more bang for the bucks