My second hair transplant surgery. Where to go? Which doctor to choose?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dude,if i was you,i would wait,maybe take propecia,wear your hair longer,your at an age where your mpb will continue,and you will never be happy,wait another 4 or 5 years and reassess.
I've been on propecia for over a year now . No regrowth. Also tried minoxidil. No regrowth. I cannot bear looking like this anymore. the angles of the hairs and the placement and the thin coverage, just depresses the hell out of me. At least this time I consult a true professional. I think I may just move a lot of them back, and use less "new" grafts. I contacted a few clinics, and they all pretty much are in agreement that it is a horrible transplant.

i'm not in your head,you know what you want,but i can tell you it will get worse,and just covering a bit now won't change anything.
I'm hoping to extract the hairs and move them back a bit, in order to get less of an oval hairline. Covering a bit now would of course change things. Besides, for my crown in the future, I have plenty beard and body hair. More than enough to cover any bald spot, no matter size.

Are you shaving your corners? I'm not sure about redistributing then, but it may be worth a shot. I would worry about scarring.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Are you shaving your corners? I'm not sure about redistributing then, but it may be worth a shot. I would worry about scarring.
Yeah, I am shaving the corners. :/ I will discuss the potential scarring with the doctor. If it is ill-advised to extract them, I might opt for laser treatment.

Dr. Koray Erdogan of ASMED Surgical Medical Centre, sure as hell looks much more professional and reassuring to me, than Dr. Hakan Doganay. State of the art facility. His results are great. Would any of you happen to have any experience with him? Don't think I can go wrong with him. If I'm not wrong, he does SMP as well. His prices are affordable for me as well. I think I would need to request him extracting the majority of the badly implanted grafts, and re-implant them with the correct angle and height. Awaiting their response. I have lots of questions for them, hehe. This is their first e-mail to me:

"Thank you for your interest to our clinic. Dr.Koray evaluated your photos, he wants to see you in the live consultation first, because as you are in a very young age and you had one not successful operation before it is important to evaluate your situation live.

Best Regards,"

Dr. Koray Erdogan has a 3 months waiting list. :/ I don't know why, but I feel there is somethign a bit "off" about Dr. Hakan Doganay. Just my silly intuition. I'm sure he's great!

What about Dr. Feriduni in Belgium? Dr. Hakan Doganay doesn't do repair work, so...

I've just come back from Dr Hakan , having been with Dr Feller before i can assure you Hakan has quality surroundings and is indeed moving into a new building in Istanbul next year . Dr Hakan does do repair work , I've seen two or three on here mate.

I've just come back from Dr Hakan , having been with Dr Feller before i can assure you Hakan has quality surroundings and is indeed moving into a new building in Istanbul next year . Dr Hakan does do repair work , I've seen two or three on here mate.
What sort of work did he do on you? Dr. Feller? I can rest assured the outcome will be great? Thanks!

What sort of work did he do on you? Dr. Feller? I can rest assured the outcome will be great? Thanks!

1075 into my crown , you can find my post on the whole thing on here....look at my posts.

Dr Feller is one of the best Dr's around , he did my first via fut and Hakan treated me just as well but of course i need to see results. As for your outcome ...well i can only say how well they looked after me and if i have a problem I'm sure Hakan will help me out.

1075 into my crown , you can find my post on the whole thing on here....look at my posts.

Dr Feller is one of the best Dr's around , he did my first via fut and Hakan treated me just as well but of course i need to see results. As for your outcome ...well i can only say how well they looked after me and if i have a problem I'm sure Hakan will help me out.

Does he speak good english?

Does he speak good english?

He speaks broken English , enough to be clear during the op . He has two members of staff who look after you from the moment you land to the moment you leave that speak full english and they are also in the operating room checking on you.

I am now checking out HDC Hair Clinic in Cyprus. Anyone familiar with Dr. Kyriakos Maras? Any personal experiences? They seem very professional to me in their e-mails, and they are recommended as well. They recommended me a total of no more than 1500 grafts via FUE. I might need to extract about 1000 of the previously implanted grafts, in order to correct the bad angle of the hairs as well. I might also use neck/nape hair to rebuild temples and sideburns. Maybe some leg hair and some hair from my chest too.

I am also awaiting reply from Hasson & Wong, Bernstein and a few more top hair transplant surgeons.

Many thanks!

One of Dr. Wong's representatives replied to my e-mail the other day, regarding my situation, my options.

This is the gist of what he said:

I have two options (but it will be decided on the final evaluation before the surgery):

1. "He feels that if the existing hairline in the front can be transplanted into without lifting the entire hairline out, that may be a good option." I'm told he could also possibly FUE out the hair in the corners/outside of the temporal peaks, and use them to build on the new hairline.

2. "If he feels it is not feasible to do this, he will take out the entire hairline with a possible fue of the corners that are unable to be excised with the removal of the hairline."

(not sure if I'm allowed to copy and paste this, but my sole intention is to share it With you People and hear you out)

I have included photos of my hair. It looks so ****in terible, it makes me want to yell out in frustration and cry my eyes out. no.gif

I have also included another two photos of what I would like to achieve (the last two images), if at all possible.

I've really done goofed, haven't I...

DSC_0111.jpg.73895d7ba714582b8a03c1f12b7b726d.jpg

DSC_0109.jpg.fc2a8646f3872ceb2e92ccaf9112624d.jpg

3.jpg.226c3eb88d0a1e6442b770a3c384f64b.jpg

5b32e2d19a4b9_Screenshot(485).jpg.d7a721f49e6f443deeebeb7a43bf2615.jpg

asset.jpg.fa8e568d67cdcc83029a34bd2fbdd6f5.jpg

6a3590cd8efd27091a3271b2bf3470ae.jpg.9d2b060666be030e98658221d1398cfe.jpg

Sorry you've been through such heel with your first hair surgery. That doctor was a hack and had no artistic ability. The good things is that your scar is quite good luckily.

I would choose Dr. Koray over Hakan if you're going to do a FUE. Seems like Dr. Hakan's response were short and he doesn't even do most of the procedure. Dr. Koray uses the manual technique and is much more involved an dthe price isn't much more.

Since you already have a strip scar and because you are very young, you might want to consider going for another FUT and saving the FUE grafts for down the road in case you have future loss. I think patients with high norwoods are better off getting the most out of FUT and then using FUE.

Good Luck with your choice and I hope it works out well

Sorry you've been through such heel with your first hair surgery. That doctor was a hack and had no artistic ability. The good things is that your scar is quite good luckily.

I would choose Dr. Koray over Hakan if you're going to do a FUE. Seems like Dr. Hakan's response were short and he doesn't even do most of the procedure. Dr. Koray uses the manual technique and is much more involved an dthe price isn't much more.

Since you already have a strip scar and because you are very young, you might want to consider going for another FUT and saving the FUE grafts for down the road in case you have future loss. I think patients with high norwoods are better off getting the most out of FUT and then using FUE.

I've ended up with either Dr. Kyriakos Maras, Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Ferdiduni or Hasson & Wong (Dr. Jerry Wong). As of now, I am leaning towards Dr. Jerry Wong. I have taken Dr. Hakan Doganay off my list. Felt a bit uneasy about the whole thing. I might have another fut done. Thanks for helping me out, I appreciate it! :)

Sorry , your remarks about Dr Hakan are wrong .Doesn't even do most of the procedure ? Wrong ....just wrong ....did 50 % of my removal and all the placement . On larger cases he has a bit of help in placement from his Head Tech (imo thats good , grafts don't want to be out that too long ) . Dr Hakan does both manual and motorized , patients choice.

Motorized removal by head tech ....as you can see he is just as involved in the operation as Dr Koray if not more . Dr Koray is a fine doctor but he does seem to quote a lot more grafts than most other Dr's so clearer the cost will be higher.

Respect your views but the stuff about Dr Hakan just isn't true.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my much awaited reply from Dr. Feriduni.

This is the gist of what he said:

- 2400 to 2800 FUE grafts.

- Extraction of grafts via FUE method on hairs wrongly implanted outside of temporal peaks.

- Re-extraction of the badly angled grafts in my hairline and re-implantation.

- Fill in the scar, but this I wish not to do, as I will be growing my hair out anyways, so there is no point in wasting grafts on that.

I will keep on keeping you all updated.

Dr. Feriduni will get to me soon, with the possible dates of surgery.