Anyone feel like their future has been negatively compromised because of a FUT??

How did it turn out? Did it grow well? Do you have a normal scar? I traded a scar for more hair. I don't think I was cheated, it was just a trade I made. The chance of future loss bothers me a lot more than a scar.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Spanker your hair is flawless, its funny b/c ive been wanting to pm you about some very important questions regarding FUT(if you dont mind?). My hair on top is good,i need maybe 1000 more grafts on top to achieve full density.

DId you end up getting repaired by Dr Lorenzo?

Im glad you guys still remember me.

My plan has remained the same, fue into scar and adding density on top, then a spray on skin recell treatment into my scar after fue.

But whats holding me back is the issue i havew ith my donor area, ive had constant shedding in the donor area since my procedure

It has slowed down since the surgery, i feel like it could be something im ingesting thats causing this type of loss on the sides and the back...i will post pics of my top of the scalp and the sides and the back soon.. i have to get to the bottom of this.

My hair on top is in good shape but im not satisfied yet. Thanks for asking KO

:P

Aaron,

That shedding sounds a bit unusual. How long after the procedure did it start? Is it progressive, or do you have periods of shed followed by normal growth? Look forward to reviewing the images. Let me know if there is anything I can do, specifically, to help.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Thank God there is an option these days (FUE) to avoid a strip scar, it is the fear of the unknow, with scar stretching etc, that worries me. No one can predict with their physiology how they will scar, and I personally am not sure if the risk/reward ratio is worth it at this juncture. With FUE I feel (if you are the right candidate) that the risk of scarring that may require repair later on is significantly less and with a good surgeon, the rewards are not far off FUT.

I felt unquestionably weaker and more fallible immediately after I got an HT in 1988, but when the hair grew out I looked pretty good. The strip scar did not become an issue for fully ten years, when further hairloss and examples of men who proudly shaved their heads starting walking by (and over) me. Then the strip scar became the focus of my anger and failing and a beacon to the bully and the bullied. I couldn't get over it. I tried shaving if all off anyway, and at times felt some jubilation, but soon enough, I'd have to grow it out again and cover up, each time, weaker for it. My efforts to revise the scars, plant into them, tattoo them, shave them again, grow out again, all took a toll on me and the people around me.

Perhaps I could have gotten over losing my hair, but it was harder to get over an HT and the strip scar became the object of my anger and something larger and more of a menace than a mere scar.

I know I lived happily for ten years with it and unhappily for another 16. Yes, strip gave me hair, enough to tease up and look decent, but the scar is definitely something slightly bothersome, to say the least.

^What you say seems to be true, especially for the old timers. Are you taking fin? I feel that the guys who had the worst experience are the guys who got strip, and then got sides from fin, so they watched their hair fall away along with suffering from sexual side effects, end result, is they ended up bald with a scar. It's a tough deal for sure.

• Moderators
I have to admit there is nothing I have come across in hair restoration that seems as psychologically difficult as the mental process of dealing with a bad strip scar.

Try multiple strip scars and thin, pluggy transplants.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Try scarring in left temple area forever from outdated lighting blade from Dr. G in Philly. This area scarred so bad that no other grafts could grow. Try so many wrong angled hairs that no corrective surgeon would touch you or even return a call or email NOT to lose they reputation.. Try 15 small fue sessions caused by 2 big strip scars from Dr. G. Try waiting years for growth. Try no dates for years dues to under construction look. Sometime HT not worth it.