Shapiro Medical - Had my surgery with Dr. Josephitis

Thank you Janna for posting my pictures. It was great catching up with you, Doc and team Smg. To say I'm happy is an understatement, I'm receiving lots of compliments from my friends all saying how good my hair looks.

Thank you again Smg.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I thought I'd give a quick update. I'll add a picture taken at 7 mos after my fue surgery with Dr. Josephitis. I haven't experienced as much growth from month 6 to 7th as I did from month 5 to 6th. Is this normal? Should I be expecting more growth or is this the best I can hope for. I'm not knocking the procedure nor am I disappointed in any way. I know it's a tremendous difference from my pre-surgery status. I'm just wondering if I will get more growth in the coming months since I got so much growth in the first 6 months.

Edited by Pcrudance2006

Hi all,

I thought I'd give a quick update. I'll add a picture taken at 7 mos after my fue surgery with Dr. Josephitis. I haven't experienced as much growth from month 6 to 7th as I did from month 5 to 6th. Is this normal? Should I be expecting more growth or is this the best I can hope for. I'm not knocking the procedure nor am I disappointed in any way. I know it's a tremendous difference from my pre-surgery status. I'm just wondering if I will get more growth in the coming months since I got so much growth in the first 6 months.

I'm glad to see things are looking better for you. The first few months are the most difficult months after surgery, as you can only wait and you don't yet see any of the results. It is perfectly normal to see much more of a change when you did around the 5 to 6 month mark. Even though you don't see much change at this point, it doesn't mean there is no more to come.

For most patients, we tell them that they should not expect complete results of the surgery until 12 months post op. Some patients can even expect additional albeit small changes all the way up to 16 months. Having said that, everyone progresses differently and you most likely will also experience additional change in the future. For you, most of the hairs have likely emerged from the scalp. Some of them are still short while others are already long enough to be cut during your normal hair cuts. All the hairs over time tend to get slightly thicker as they grow longer. All these things help to contribute to the overall result.

I guess that was the long answer. The short one is that yes, you should experience some more density over the next few months.

• 7 months later...

Hi Dr. Josephitis. Apologies for not updating sooner. I'm past the 12 month period now, what can I say except thank you for giving me my hair back. My self confidence is booming, my friends have commented on how positive I am now and it's all thanks to SMG. Yourself, Janna and the whole Shapiro team have been awesome.

Here are the pictures Janna put together when I checked in for my review.

image.jpeg.0494580d2a26ccead4edfe023635085f.jpeg

Consistent lighting is important , as well as HD pics, (including background colors)

From the pictures you presented above, it looks like you had noticeable growth.

If you are happy, then that means the result looks same or better in person and you can move on and enjoy your life. Congrats.

The lighting's not great but it certainly looks like a nice result. Congrats.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

• 3 months later...

Appreciate the feedback guys. Getting the lighting the same is pretty hard, however I think Smg did a good job with the pictures. If you see my hair in person it looks much better than the pictures actually show, people who know about the hair transplant compliment my hair every time we meet.

I think the Finasteride is helping with thickening the density, no sides to report.