Dr. Hasson/8364/2 sessions/FUT/8 months post-op

This patient in his 20's was particularly bothered by his hair loss as often is the case with young patients. When evaluating a patient for surgery, Dr. Hasson not only assesses the cosmetic benefit but also what the overall effect can be on a persons life who is suffering emotionally from his or her hair loss. In this case not only was the physical transformation quite remarkable but maybe even more impressive was the positive impact getting hair back had on this patient's life. These types of cases are often the most rewarding for Dr. Hasson as he is able to make such a profound life altering impact. Cases such as these are one of the main reasons Dr. Hasson choose to get into the hair restoration business. This patient with his renewed confidence and sense of well being is now thriving in his new career.

The first surgery consisted of 5245 grafts with 1491 being singles, 3321 doubles, 433 3-4 hair grafts. The significant cosmetic impact was realized after the first surgery but as sometimes is the case, the patient after seeing the result wanted to take his result to the next level. The second surgery slightly lowered the hairline while adding a little density to the mid scalp and crown. This consisted of 3119 grafts of which 869 were singles, 1977 doubles, 273 3-4 hair grafts. This result depicted with styling products in the hair is 8 months post-op from the second procedure.

80456_85bc0e_13d569.jpg

80461_58e062_3e8e31.jpg

80467_1f15ed_fd7140.jpg

80473_aae15e_b02f38.jpg

80479_8dfc5b_59227f.jpg

80487_461c59_48ec3a.jpg

I am a salaried employee of Hasson and Wong since 2001. Opinions expressed are my own.

Hassonandwong.com

As dramatic as this case is, I personally do not believe anyone in their (early) 20's should be taking such an aggressive HT surgery approach given they face decades of continuing and progressive hair loss, without knowing exactly what type of hair loss pattern is in store for them. That being said, today there is much better information on the efficacy of meds, supplements, rogaine, shampoos, etc. that was not available when I was 20 something and had my first procedure. The results are impressive, but given my own personal experience, I would caution anyone so young to take the permanent plunge into HT surgery before having somewhat of a settled or predictive hair loss pattern.

Looks great, good growth.. BUT

Photo standardization would be a good thing when clinics are comparing pre/post. If the same background was used then there shouldn't be any difference in the background color as we can clearly see here. The blacks on the post photo also "pop" more than the pre photo, likely caused by using flash. I suspect the before photo was taken without flash and post photo with flash.

Thanks for some of the positive comments.

Home1212:

This approach is not for every young patient and 25 years ago it may have been deemed unethical to perform this surgery. But with the technology and medication of today, many more patients can have a long lasting result that was not possible years ago.

Every patient must be evaluated based on several factors including age and final hair loss pattern. While it is often true more caution is exercised with younger patients, if they are committed to medication, it is working for them, they have a good donor supply and their final hair loss pattern can reasonably be defined, the long term risks are minimal. When Dr. Hasson evaluates a patient and puts together a plan, he is also looking well beyond the near term and into the distant future. He explains to patients their result must look good next year,next decade and into their golden years. There are many factors involved in this process, some too complicated to discuss here. There is always a rick/reward associated with any surgery.In this case in particular, the reward far outweighs the risk. For the record I did not state he was 20 or in his "early 20's".

Fue2014:

The age at which one can reasonably determine the final hair loss pattern varies from patient to patient.The more aggressive final hair loss patterns tend to show up fairly early, sometimes even in the teen years.

KO:

I'll see if there are any more pre-op pics when i get back to the clinic

You can call me Lorenzo if you like but I prefer Doug :-)

Loags79:

We try to be consistent with the before and afters. Some photos were taken with different cameras due to trying a few different options to get the right camera and settings. Oddly enough, these before and after pictures were taken with the same background. Also at certain times during the day the color can change due to the daylight coming in. I believe we are as consistent and transparent as anyone and our photos are among the clearest and most revealing. Also, we have not used flash in about 10 years. We NEVER use flash as it can distort the result making it look better than it really is.

snell1234:

I think this is a good idea in theory, many patients see a result and think they can have the same but they can't because their donor hair is not the same. The photos may not always reveal the true nature of the donor hair so maybe it would be better to describe the donor area, coarse,dense etc. maybe a combination of both.

I didn't expect some of these reactions from this result. Tough crowd, I should have let Garageland post this one :-) I've see this up close and personal at it's the real deal. I'll need to get him in for a video I guess :-)

I am a salaried employee of Hasson and Wong since 2001. Opinions expressed are my own.

Hassonandwong.com

This result is as good as it gets in ht, so A+.

8000+ grafts with Hasson will always yield a great result. The consistency of the photography is B+ but a whole lot better than Erdogan's efforts which is pre wet and post dry.

home1212: In one's 20s hair is very important. I feel sorry for those who lose hair in the early 20s. It greatly diminishes one's success in dating scene and also in the career/professional life. So for this fella to get hair back to look the part it's a great thing. So based on that, it's not too early to have ht in your early 20s.

how do u figure that? the transplanted hair are not subject to DHT and he has at least 2000 grafts from his beard that can takn.

id rather look great from my mid 20's to mid 40's then my mid 40's to my mid 60's. not to mention 15-20 years from now there will be new advancements in HT's.

everyone settles differently and the fact that he has 8000 grafts in the areas that matter and again are not subject to DHT makes ur point moot.

As dramatic as this case is, I personally do not believe anyone in their (early) 20's should be taking such an aggressive HT surgery approach given they face decades of continuing and progressive hair loss, without knowing exactly what type of hair loss pattern is in store for them. That being said, today there is much better information on the efficacy of meds, supplements, rogaine, shampoos, etc. that was not available when I was 20 something and had my first procedure. The results are impressive, but given my own personal experience, I would caution anyone so young to take the permanent plunge into HT surgery before having somewhat of a settled or predictive hair loss pattern.

Thanks for the comments.

HairStudmuffin/californian, A lot of patients who have lost a fair amount of hair in the front and top cut the sides quite short to balance the look. This patient also wore his hair this way most of the time after the loss became quite noticeable. On the day of surgery Dr. Hasson shaved down a little more but essentially the look was similar prior to his pre surgery shave. The photos on the left are the way he wore his hair most of the time before surgery and before his pre surgery shave. On the right are of course the result with the hair grown out.

Only the areas with existing hair that are going to be transplanted are probable shave zones. The sides and back don't need to be shaved for the surgery, that option lies with the patient. But if the hair is already very short the day of surgery, the entire head is likely to be shaved. Many of the patients from Europe specifically Italy don't mind the entire head being shaved. Many from North America will opt for the sides and back being left long.

I hope that helped answer your questions.

Hassonandwong.com

• 1 month later...