Would you take out a loan for a Hair Transplant?

• Administrators

I agree with Gillenator. I remember I paid 4k up front and then took out a 10k credit card with my credit union, they gave me no interest for a year. I paid it off before the year. So I paid no interest at all. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Assuming that I'm in the same situation but didn't have enough to afford a transplant outright... I'd probably choose not to take out the loan. 

I can still hide the recession in my hairline with certain hairstyles that cover my temples so I don't feel like it's super urgent. In the hypothetical scenario where I might need to take out a loan, I really feel more comfortable having the financial security of 10k+ rather than having my temples fixed. But I would definitely work towards saving my disposable income so I could afford a transplant. 

Though some clinics have a wait time of a few months anyway, so you could probably just make the down payment and save up the rest during the wait.

I don't blame people who would take out that loan though. A transplant could make a massive difference in career, dating, and other areas of life.

Yes I would do, and yes I did. People take loans out for cars, holidays, household improvements, etc. . . give me more hair over any of those things please, that is what I prioritise. 

A loan is a loan regardless of what it is used for. Regardless of society potentially deeming it more normal to use a loan to buy a new car, you are still paying back the same monthly repayments if you were to use it for a HT instead. 

Self Improvement > Possessions 

Edited by Curious25
  • Like 1

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Curious25 said:

Yes I would do, and yes I did. People take loans out for cars, holidays, household improvements, etc. . . give me more hair over any of those things please, that is what I prioritise. 

A loan is a loan regardless of what it is used for. Regardless of society potentially deeming it more normal to use a loan to buy a new car, you are still paying back the same monthly repayments if you were to use it for a HT instead. 

Self Improvement > Possessions 

I remember I worked at a bank in 06 before the financial crisis, and during the peak of the housing boom. People we’re taking out home equity lines of credit called HELOC loans for cars, clothes, basically anything that depreciates. When you invest in yourself, it’s the gift that keeps on giving.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

My first HT was in 96’ and that hair is still growing…have spent far more $ on cars which have worn out and gone…my transplants continue to grow…😎

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 2 years later...

IMO, if it's something that will make a big difference in your confidence and happiness, it might be worth considering. Before making any decisions, though, it's important to think about the costs and benefits. You could look into different financing options, like talking to a Mortgage Broker in Nuneaton. He might be able to give you some helpful advice on how to finance the procedure. Just remember to do your research and make sure you're choosing a reputable clinic with experienced professionals. There are also non-surgical options and hairpieces that could be more affordable alternatives. Ultimately, it's up to you to weigh the options and make a decision that works for you. Don't rush into anything, take your time, and seek advice from professionals if needed.

Edited by Linverbal

Don’t borrow if it will put you in financial stress and/or emotional stress.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY