FUE Eyelash Transplant With 30 Grafts of Leg Hair – Results By Dr. Umar

This patient wanted naturally longer eyelashes but does not have the genetics to makes this possible. She felt that surgery would be a better option to medication, extensions and false lashes.

Use of Leg Hair For Eyelash Transplant Grafts

Dr. Umar’s decision to choose leg hair for grafts was based on the following characteristics:

(1) Leg hair tends to remain short instead of growing longer beyond the length of average eyelash hair. Trimming is less of a necessity in most cases

(2) Leg hair does not shed right after a transplant. Therefore, patients can continue to enjoy their results immediately after surgery without having to wait 3-4 months for a new growth cycle.

(3) Leg hair is very close in thickness to real eyelash hair.

Dr. Umar used his Advanced Follicular Unit Extraction uGraft technology to remove the leg hair follicles. It’s features allow for the safe removal of follicles. And it creates wound cavity shapes for the highest healing standards which is particularly important for body surfaces.

To minimize the risk of damage due to sharp or unpredictable growth angles, the cutting axis is curved away from the follicle. A gentle pulling mechanism aids in the removal of the final graft.

Furthermore, the punches create wound cavities that are inverted at the very bottom. This minimizes extraneous tissue and achieves much higher healing standards in terms of appearance. Any scar tissue is virtually negligible to the human eye.

Eyelash Restoration Results

The final results of the patient’s eyelash transplant surgery are shown in the photos below. 30 grafts were applied to each eye.

In her video (see link below), she remarked that people were noticing and complimenting her results about 1 month following her procedure. She is very happy with her permanent new eyelashes and recommends to anyone who is considering the procedure to “just do it.”

eyelash-hair-transplant-0342344.jpg

eyelash-hair-transplant-03493244.jpg

eyelash-hair-transplant-0777.jpg

eyelash-hair-transplant-04561.jpg

eyelash-hair-transplant-55522.jpg

To watch this patients video, click here

Representing Dr. Umar of DermHair Clinic.

Dr. Umar is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

Wow! Excellent work. Can you share any information about how Dr. Umar actually makes the incisions/implants the leg hair grafts?

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

abbie my question is same please ask dr umar to share how he makes incision /implants.

What punch he uses and please describe it in details if you can share video that would be great.

Abbie lately if dr umar has done any hair transplant and if with ugraft please post it.

Wow! I can only imagine the absolute precision and coordination needed to implant eyelashes, with the right angle and depth. Very nice case and shows why Umar is one of the most progressive hair surgeons out there.

I suppose this is the most challenging placement work anyhow possible. Huge respect!

Would also love to see a video of the incisions and placement :)

BTW: The Youtube video doesn`t work, says it`s "private".

Edited by Questionmark
btw

I saw a video of how this is done a while back.

Hairs/follicles are effectively sewn in to the eyelid with a needle, except the hair is the 'thread'.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Matt,

I've seen similar videos. However, I wonder if Dr. Umar's implantation technique is different? Hopefully Abbie/Dr. Umar can share some more information!

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Matt,

I've seen similar videos. However, I wonder if Dr. Umar's implantation technique is different? Hopefully Abbie/Dr. Umar can share some more information!

Sorry for offtopic, but I have seen quite a few double posts today, is there some issue with the website? Cause it is pretty laggy, too, as mentioned by other posters, too.

Guys, I apologize for the frustrating technical issues. Our webmaster Hans is aware of the situation and is working with the host to resolve them.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Results like this continue to show Dr. Umar at the very leading edge of innovation in this industry, the "tip of the spear", so to speak. Without this type of innovation I would remain disfigured from botched surgeries of the past.

We can all be grateful that some doctors continue to push the envelope on what is possible.