On a scale of 0-10, how much has your HT improved your life?

FUE2014

Now this is a good discussion for this part of the forums.

I'll go with between a 6-7 thus far..with the potential for it to be a 10+ within 5 months (when my 3rd and final HT will have presumably begun its 'significant cosmetic difference' stage). Getting ready in the morning is so much easier now. I don't need to obsess over covering up. While things are not entirely perfect, I look good from at least that frontal point of view. I no longer dread looking in the mirror, or obsess over lights shining over my head.

That said, It's very challenging to put yourself back out there again after being used to feeling so self-conscious about hair loss. I haven't even attempted to date while undergoing my restoration process.

However, I look so much better than I did ~2 years ago...and feel almost ready to get myself back out there. Definitely need to hit the gym hard within the next few months to be really prepared for when this last HT has grown in.

I'm sure it'll feel like I'm in high school all over again when I'm out with a girl for the 1st time since beginning the HT journey.

Would love to hear some opinions.....

Interesting topic - surprised by the lack of responses.

For me - I would say +1.

Huh +1? Wow - sorry to hear that.

No , no - it's not what you think.

The HT has added a spring in my step and more that a few admiring glances in the mirror , but my life was/is pretty great with or without hair. I receded in my early 30's but was already successful in my field, was in a great relationship, and building a wonderful life. I did not lack any confidence or esteem and plowed ahead with whatever adventure my heart desired. The HT was a, well, wtf, why not, and I'm happy with it but I'd still be where I am today - looking forward to many more good time with my family and friends and life.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

My HT landed me a boat! so 10+

Hair is almost 3 weeks post op...I would never have posted a pic of my hair this short on Facebook before my hairline HT. Needless to say I did post this one...happy so far! :)

meboat2.png.e9d80b05cc33ff5dd4e8769b67bd47c8.png

I will go for a 6 with the potential for an 8 after another op, but this is coming from a guy who was probs at minus a million before i started on this journey, a journey i knew was gonna be a long one

What I have noticed is that i still think about hairloss every single day , i often look at my pre ops pics to remind me of how far ive come but i had hoped i wouldnt be thinking about hairloss as much having had two HTs and just shy of 7000 grafts.

4510 FUSS Dr Feriduni December 2012

2350 FUSS Dr Feriduni December 2013

HT 1:Total Grafts 4510: Singles 715, Doubles 2123, Triples 1369, Quads 303 ( 10,280 Hairs )

HT 2:Total Grafts 2352: Singles 350, Doubles 1601, Triples 401, ( 4,755 Hairs )

Cueball are you thinking of having your third procedure with Dr Feriduni?

Dr Lorenzo's crown work is unbelievable, although hopefully in the next six months you will be very close to achieving a look you are happy with.

Hi FUE2014

I would have no hesitation in booking again with Dr Feriduni, the clinic has done a great job on me in fairness, given that i was almost a norwood 6 with thin light straight hair

I have also been impressed with Dr Lorenzos crown work, I will be going down the FUE route on any further procedures so im keeping all options open at this stage

4510 FUSS Dr Feriduni December 2012

2350 FUSS Dr Feriduni December 2013

HT 1:Total Grafts 4510: Singles 715, Doubles 2123, Triples 1369, Quads 303 ( 10,280 Hairs )

HT 2:Total Grafts 2352: Singles 350, Doubles 1601, Triples 401, ( 4,755 Hairs )

I would actually give this a 0 and a 10.

0 because I had a very bad experience at a bullshit clinic that were basically con artists and used me as a testing dummy. this shocked out all my frontal hair and all i had was a pluggy look. this was in 2011.

10 because I went into Hasson and wong on jan 2013 (after using a hair system for 3 months and just not being able to deal with life.) With that said, Dr hasson took me in as a repair patient.. i was booked in for 4000 grafts, to make hassons already difficult task even more difficult.. we were only able to extract 3100 grafts.. With all that given, he has changed my life and did much more than i ever imagined was possible with that many grafts. If you are considering a transplant, you're more than welcome to pm me and il give you all the advice you may need and show you some of my before and after pics too :)

I would actually give this a 0 and a 10.

0 because I had a very bad experience at a bullshit clinic that were basically con artists and used me as a testing dummy. this shocked out all my frontal hair and all i had was a pluggy look. this was in 2011.

10 because I went into Hasson and wong on jan 2013 (after using a hair system for 3 months and just not being able to deal with life.) With that said, Dr hasson took me in as a repair patient.. i was booked in for 4000 grafts, to make hassons already difficult task even more difficult.. we were only able to extract 3100 grafts.. With all that given, he has changed my life and did much more than i ever imagined was possible with that many grafts.

Moral of the story is that a transplant is a life changer.. it could make you or break you.. And i really do stress on this. So If you are considering a transplant, you're more than welcome to pm me and il give you all the advice you may need and show you some of my before and after pics too :)

• Moderators

Way below 0. Hair transplants have ruined my life for the past 25 years.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

'Improved your life' could be interpreted in so many different ways. I prefer to think of it as to how it has 'improved my appearance', in which case it is a 10.

Hot women look at me again and hold their gaze, as opposed to looking away as fast as possible. One did today in the street and my work colleague remarked.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day