Does Caboki have any side-effects?

When I use Caboki, I massage it onto my scalp to cover the thinning areas, but it won't wash out without shampoo, and requires rigorous effort to be washed out.

Since I don't want to use shampoo everyday, my question is- is there any harm if I just wash my hair with water and only leave the residual amounts on my scalp?

Can Caboki penetrate the scalp and affect the follicles or cause other problems? What about using Caboki at the gym, is there any harm of its fibers clogging pores, etc?

Thanks for the feedback!

Bike,

Caboki particles are much too large to penetrate the scalp. The individual particles could, however, clog follicle pores and likely cause some sebaceous build-up on the scalp. However, I'm not certain if this qualifies as a "side effect." Personally, I haven't heard of any specific complaints about Topical fibers (aside from the occasional complaint about it staining a towel or pillowcase).

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

So, the possible sebaceous buildup would just be something which sits on the scalp, but you don't expect it to cause any harm to the follicle? Sorry for the paranoia, living follicles are too precious to harm :)

• 3 weeks later...

I guess basically the question is if Caboki particles can potentially enter the scalp. Would using Caboki after Minoxodil (Rogaine) be bad because it acts as a vasodilator? Similarly, would be it a bad idea to use Caboki when exercising?

Any thoughts?

whether caboki or toppik or any concealer dont put it as long as it is it settles on scalp and block the pores and your pores cant breath. Evntualy hair follicles gets weak and it dies later. You will not notice instantly but trust me take a photo shot of your scalp from very near angle and start using any concealer and after like 3 months you see the before and after photo.

Its no rocket science any concealer name sounds itself concealer. Concealer yes conceals your pores and your root dies

Don tdont dont use it

I've been told that toppik is safe to use. Also dermmatch but I never heard of these causing hair loss or anything. I know a lot of people using these items for years and they all told me their doctors said there is no harm

There was a myth about if you wear a hat too tight or if you always wear hats, that its bad for your hair and you will go bald. Hence, its a myth. Same thing with Toppik or Dermmatch, Doctors say it does not cause hair loss and it's safe to use. Hair loss is cause by DHT.

whether caboki or toppik or any concealer dont put it as long as it is it settles on scalp and block the pores and your pores cant breath. Evntualy hair follicles gets weak and it dies later. You will not notice instantly but trust me take a photo shot of your scalp from very near angle and start using any concealer and after like 3 months you see the before and after photo.

Its no rocket science any concealer name sounds itself concealer. Concealer yes conceals your pores and your root dies

Don tdont dont use it

Sorry but this is complete nonsense,"pores" or hairs do not breath,this is a myth.

hair is dead tissue,hair root is alive but gets oxygen and all nutritions from blood,not from air.nor from vitamin shampoos.

Also caboki,toppik,etc all powder concealers in general are made from materials such as wool,cotton,etc and this stuff does not block pores or anything.

• 2 months later...

Don tdont dont use it

You are absolutely right about it :)

• 9 months later...

So what's the final verdict in using caboki during a workout?

Will pores opening up absorb any caboki and cause irritation?

Caboki being too large to enter the pores can't be true - why then is it recommended to not apply the concealer immediately after applying rogaine?

Bike,

I still don't see how it could penetrate the scalp. Even if the size of the fiber was smaller than the size of a human skin pore, there are charges involved, oils on the scalp, hair shafts coming out of the pores, et cetera, and I don't see how it could get through. Scientists spend years researching ways to get drugs to penetrate through skin, and most of the time it still doesn't work well.

They probably say not to use it after minoxidil because the scalp is wet. Minoxidil -- especially the liquid form -- can also cause irritation, and I suppose it would be bad to shake fibers onto an irritated scalp.

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Bike,

I still don't see how it could penetrate the scalp. Even if the size of the fiber was smaller than the size of a human skin pore, there are charges involved, oils on the scalp, hair shafts coming out of the pores, et cetera, and I don't see how it could get through. Scientists spend years researching ways to get drugs to penetrate through skin, and most of the time it still doesn't work well.

They probably say not to use it after minoxidil because the scalp is wet. Minoxidil -- especially the liquid form -- can also cause irritation, and I suppose it would be bad to shake fibers onto an irritated scalp.

Thank you for the feedback!

I used Caboki on my hair for a couple of years before my HT. It worked well, better than other fibres but I did notice that when used on thinning hair it did not take long before the the area became more and more hair free.

This could have been a natural occurrence of course, but I did leave it in for a couple of days at a time (not recommended by Caboki) and when washing it out had to give it a good rub which might have accounted for some of my native hairs disappearing down the plughole.

As for sweating during a workout whilst it was applied, I'll have to agree with BaldingBogger, however I have been out in the sun on holiday where the fibres have been fine.

I was well on my way to an HT so this was really the last stage so I was wasn't too bothered. The staining pillow side effect as mentioned by Blake is also the only side effect I mentioned in my own write up.

So to conclude if you wash it out each day as recommended then probably it will not cause any problems, if you leave it in for a few days then possibly it will damage your native hair.

Dr Bhatti FUE Oct 2014 3305 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/178931-my-fue-dr-tejinder-bhatti-oct-2014-a.html

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Ive consulted with more than 5 physicians on this topic, each maintain the safety in using concealers. Just clean the area delicately and regularly. Dermatch and couvre is just a makeup. Caboki and Toppik are keratin fibers.