Best FUE Surgeon in Canada?

Hank9

only one I know of and that's Rahal

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Hey everyone, I could use some more help with this one. I've been out of the loop for a long time now and not up to date with everything going on in the ht world. Back when I was doing my research Dr Alvi Armani was leading the charge with fue, but has since moved away from Canada. Just wondering who's name in Canada keeps popping up as far as being an awesome fue surgeon with great results?

Seriously it's Rahal, or you travel to Belgium (Bisanga or Feriduni ) or Turkey (Hakan or Erdogan) for FUE these days

also Lorenzo currently in the UK is a leader

I'm not aware of any other prominent FUE surgeons in Canada

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Seriously it's Rahal, or you travel to Belgium (Bisanga or Feriduni ) or Turkey (Hakan or Erdogan) for FUE these days

also Lorenzo currently in the UK is a leader

I'm not aware of any other prominent FUE surgeons in Canada

Agree 100%

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

IMHO, that would be Dr. Rahal...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Rahal is primarily a strip surgeon, for FUE you should travel.

Actually Rahal told me himself that 30-40% of his patients are FUE. He has been at FUE for about 4 years now and getting better and better IMO. Is he the best FUE doc out there? Probably not but I would trust him 100% to do an FUE on me.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

I think posters on this site have been beating the drum so hard on overseas FUE docs and make it sound as if good FUE cannot be achieved in the US. I agree that the docs overseas seem to be better overall at FUE but by how much really??? To make it sound like one must go out of NA to get a decent FUE result is misleading. There are plenty of NA docs that can product FUE results essentially on par with their EU counterparts (Shapiro, Rahal, Feller, etc). Lets assume that an EU FUE doc can get 98% survival rate while a NA doc gets 94%. (If this is even the case), if I lived near one of these clinics in the US, I would be willing to give up the 4% in survival rate to avoid the burden of travel, etc. This is just me though. For larger FUE, I would agree that I would likely go to the EU myself but for medium to smallish FUE cases, there are several good NA docs that will give you a very pleasing result.

I think what primarily separates the good FUE docs vs the good NA docs is their ability to do larger FUE cases better.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

Dr. Rahal is certainly worth considering for FUE. It's been awhile since I've seen any results posted here but I know he's put up some megasession-sized cases. However, even if you are not willing to travel overseas I think it's worth consulting (Skype, etc.) with some of the doctors there. Best of luck!

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

As patients we tend to rationalize our ultimate decisions in regard to choosing both the type of procedure and the physician who performs it. The results will be permanent and will have a profound long term effect both emotionally and financially so this decision should never be made in haste. Considering that FUE is not yet state of the art for the majority of practitioners and that those who do it exclusively in high volume are relatively rare, I believe one should go with a surgeon who has the most expertise and experience in the particular procedure that you decide on.

Perhaps this example in my own specialty of Interventional Cardiology will be illustrative. In the late 70's the state of art treatment for coronary artery disease was either medical therapy or bypass surgery. A Swiss doctor began experimenting and promoting the novel technique of balloon angioplasty which was a non-invasive method of treating blocked arteries. Several prominent European physicians embraced the new technology and many were trained in it by this Swiss doctor. Meanwhile the doctors in the US were much slower to accept it. This changed when the Swiss doctor came to a major US university and taught the procedure to those willing to learn the it. Many of the original disciples of this doctor went on to start their own US training programs and over a matter of 10 yrs balloon angioplasty became widely accepted as an viable 3rd treatment option for CAD. Younger physicians at the time such as myself were specifically trained in the new technology and became experts because of that intense training and high volume of experience before setting out into private practice. However, the vast number of cardiologists already in practice had no specific training yet slowly had to learn it by "practicing" on their own patients. Suffice is to say there was a varying learning curve and not all practitioners were able to achieve optimal results. Now recognized as a distinct specialty, hospitals will no longer allow new physicians who have not been specifically trained in the procedure to perform it.

I view FUE much in the same way. There is no a priori reason to believe that every physician who does great HT work is also an expert in FUE. I personally selected a physician who does FUE exclusively, controls both the extraction and placement process and has demonstrably shown consistent stellar results.

I view FUE much in the same way. There is no a priori reason to believe that every physician who does great HT work is also an expert in FUE. I personally selected a physician who does FUE exclusively, controls both the extraction and placement process and has demonstrably shown consistent stellar results.

I agree.

• 5 months later...