Steven Gabel, MD, FACS – Seattle & Portland – 7-month Frontal Hairline Restoration

We are presenting a 56-year-old gentleman who is 7 months out from a hair transplant to restore the frontal hairline. His goal was to redefine the frontal hairline so it flowed smoothly into his existing hair.

We are presenting four views: frontal, top, left and right. Each series shows photos before markup with the hair pulled back to demonstrate the degree of alopecia in the frontal region, the lines drawn preoperatively which will be used to recreate/define the frontal hairline, an immediate postoperative photograph, and a 7-month result. The results show the transplanted hairs appear very natural, and they frame his face very well. The density of the transplant also shows a nice progression from anterior to posterior.

Title_zpsef43f9f1.jpg

frontal1_zps9e8f4ed9.jpg

front2_zps267e4687.jpg

top1_zps6197a690.jpg

top2_zps9c823cf5.jpg

left1_zpsea957e9e.jpg

left2_zpscec393a6.jpg

right1_zps1803b4a0.jpg

right2_zps2f440463.jpg

Steven Gabel, MD, FACS, FISHRS

Diplomate, American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery

Diplomate, American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery

Diplomate, American College of Surgeons

Gabel Hair Restoration Center

Portland, Oregon

503-693-1118

Email Dr. Gabel directly at drgabel@gabelcenter.com

Dr. Gabel's Website

Dr. Steven Gabel is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Nice work! Thank you for sharing.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

For a clinic I think these are pretty weak pictures, and I get the feeling they were taken to intentionally conceal what appears to be relatively low density at the hairline. The pics are all taken at angles and distances where the details are hard to see. He has blond hair which makes closeups (and of course better angles) even more necessary.

This guy is only 7 months so he probably has more growing to do. If this was his final result I would not be impressed though.

For a clinic I think these are pretty weak pictures, and I get the feeling they were taken to intentionally conceal what appears to be relatively low density at the hairline. The pics are all taken at angles and distances where the details are hard to see. He has blond hair which makes closeups (and of course better angles) even more necessary.

This guy is only 7 months so he probably has more growing to do. If this was his final result I would not be impressed though.

I would have to disagree with you Rootz, most clinics don't post this many angles including above head shots. I like the presentation

I think it's difficult to see the contrast between his hair and scalp due to his native hair color, not due to anything the clinic is trying to hide.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)