Potential Recommendation of Dr. Wen-Yi Wu of Taipei, Taiwan

Dear forum members,

As many of you know, we gather as much information as possible about a physician, their staff, technique and track record before they are even considered for recommendation on the Hair Transplant Network. Part of our review process involves getting input from patients and the members of this forum community. To learn more about this review process, click here.

We’d like to gather your input and opinions regarding the potential recommendation of Dr. Wen-Yi Wu on the Hair Transplant Network. At this time, Dr. Wu is only being considered for recommendation, not the Coalition. To see our standards for recommendation, click here.

Dr. Wen-Yi Wu was trained by Coalition member Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich and has over 10 years of hair transplant experience. He performs both FUT and FUE hair transplant surgery exclusively at his clinic in Taipei, Taiwan. Dr. Wu has the staff and experience to perform large, densely packed sessions of follicular unit grafting exceeding 3000 grafts when appropriate for the patient and operates on only 1 or 2 patients per day depending on the session size. His FUE cases are typically a bit smaller maxing out around 2000 grafts per session. Dr. Wu believes that sessions greater than 2000 grafts per day may increase the risks of transection and waste precious hair. However, patients can always return for multiple days/sessions to achieve their goals.

Dr. Wu specializes in FUT, FUE, eyebrow transplantation, moustache and beard transplants and scar repair. He also provides free consultations and prescriptions for Propecia. He uses all the latest techniques including the trichophytic closure, microscopic dession, minimally invasive needles as small as .7mm and dense packing.

Dr. Wen-Yi Wu uses a combination of manual and motorized extraction tools for FUE when appropriate for the patient. He uses Ato developed by Dr. Cole and curved forceps for manual extraction. He also uses Dr. Harris' SAFE system and a custom made device for motorized sharp and dull punch extraction. Punch sizes range from .8mm to 1.0mm however, he typically uses a .9mm punch as he feels this produces optimal graft survival and minimal scarring. Dr. Wu feels that physician experience is critical to ensure extracting healthy follicles via FUE and maximizing growth.

Dr. Wen-Yi Wu provides both FUT via strip surgery and FUE as he feels both extraction techniques have a valuable place in hair transplant surgery. He believes what's good for one patient isn't always best for another.

Dr. Wen-Yi Wu is dedicated to creating natural hairlines using only the finest single haired follicular units for placement. Dr. Wu dense packs up to 45 follicular units per square centimeter (FU/cm2) and a little less for Asians due to their thicker, coarser hair.

Given Dr. Wen-Yi Wu's vast experience in performing both state of the art FUT and FUE and providing only the best results, in my opinion, he should be considered for recommendation.

Over the last several months, Dr. Wu has presented several examples of his procedure and recent results on this forum. Dr. Wu's Recent Patient and Surgical photos can be found below:

4258 Grafts via Strip and FUE Combo with Dr. Wu

1511 Grafts via FUE with Dr. Wu

3372 Grafts via Strip with Dr. Wu

2794 Grafts via Strip with Dr. Wu

2707 Grafts via Strip with Dr. Wu

3758 Strip Grafts + 500 FUE Grafts with Dr. Wu

1021 Grafts via FUE after 9 months with Dr. Wu

3013 Grafts via Strip with Dr. Wu

3456 Grafts via Strip with Dr. Wu

2346 Grafts with Dr. Wu in One Session - Crown

2798 Grafts wih Dr. Wu in one session

3520 Grafts with Dr. Wu in one session

2460 Grafts with Dr. Wu in one session

You can find additional examples of his work by visiting the “Results Posted by Leading Hair Transplant Clinics” forum and by using the “search” feature.

I welcome input and comments from forum members regarding his potential recommendation.

To view our standards for recommendation, click here.

Best wishes,

Bill

I think the results are good. Natural hairlines too. His post ops look a little "crop row-ish" but the results look good. I think it would benefit the community to have a recommended doc in Taiwan. He has my vote.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

It would be nice to have a recommended surgeon in the Asia Pacific region, currently the only one is in Thailand I believe (Path)

Have not looked at his cases in depth and didn't know there were so many posted, will take a closer look

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

are there any examples of work done on patients not of Asian decent?

did not see in any in the links above

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

that probably would be great too see but I think the work speaks for itself. If great outcomes can be achieve with 1 type of ethnicity, you'd think great outcome would be there for all. As Dr. Wu indicated, Asian hair types have more singles and the shafts are longer which puts grafts at risk compare to other ethnicity. So if these results can be achieved on Asian hairt-type then it can be done more easily with Caucasian or darker skinned.

are there any examples of work done on patients not of Asian decent?

did not see in any in the links above

Thanks for everyone's feedback so far. Just as a correction, Dr. Wu's full name is Dr. Wen-Yi Wu. I originally had it reversed and have thus made the correction. Sorry for the confusion and inconvenience.

I look forward to receiving more feedback regarding Dr. Wu.

Best wishes,

Bill

Some nice work in there. It's a yes from me.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

This one is a big yes from me! I've been impressed by both Dr. Wu's work and his knowledge of hair loss and the hair transplant process in general.

I think he would make a nice addition to the community. Best of luck, Dr. Wu!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I appreciate everyone's input regarding Dr. Wu's potential recommendation. Given the positive feedback we received both privately and publicly and his dedication to state of the art hair transplant surgery, Dr. Wen-Yi Wu has been approved for recommendation on the Hair Transplant Network. To view his recommendation profile, click here.

Congratulations Dr. Wu. We look forward to seeing many additional great examples of your work in the months to come.

Best wishes,

Bill

I rarely chime in on these threads but in this case I'm making an exceptionI like this work and I like the documentation. There is a distance issue for some of the results posted but the images that are closer up are quite good and most images are crystal clear which is a FAR cry better than what most clinics post, especially some of the more recently recommended physicians.

Some suggestions for Dr. Wu;

1.) Post photos of the hairline exposed for each patient that had hairline work.

2.) Post photos of the donor scar if possible.

3.) Take more photos closer to the recipient zone.

Well done overall and welcome.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 1 year later...
Is Dr. Wu no longer recommended on this website? He isnt on the list of quality physicians any more. Any reason for this?

Evidently the Ministry of Health in Taiwan prohibits physicians from participating in online communities like ours. Thus, Dr. Wu requested that his name be removed from our recommendation list. This does not reflect on his qualifications, skills or ethics as a quality hair transplant surgeon.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website