6 Month Update Rahal Crown Procedure (Pic)

Cant decide

I am at 6 months and have seen some nice thickening over the last two weeks. I am hoping the lower left side thickens up a bit more. I need a haircut badly and will get one this week and post pics after that. My crown has shrunk by about 80% from pre op and the bare spot you see was left ungrafted. Its about 1.5*2 inches. I can make it smaller with strategic combing but I would rather comb it right and not have to worry about it looking like a comb over. The overhead bathroom light is not on but the room is very well lit in natural light.

Again, coming from a NW 6, I am very pleased with this so far. I added my preop again as well.

5b32dd30d46a3_photo(74).jpg.0834fd0627700c0bafe3ccb5849b0502.jpg

5b32dd31c6aba_Preop4fromProcedure2.jpg.555b1dfce0963d17da4d19c539532cdc.jpg

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

You have made some excellent progress and that crown is looking great. I think your HT journey is basically complete!

But.. I just need to say this..

You have by the far worse pictures I've ever seen on this site. I mean, its so hard to tell from any single picture that you have posted.

Man, at least take a couple decent pictures for once. :cool:

HT#1 - Dr. Rahal (Jan 2012) - 4700 grafts

HT#2 - Dr. Rahal (Jan 2014) - 1800 grafts

HT#3 - Dr. Konior (Jan 2018) - 1200 grafts

You have made some excellent progress and that crown is looking great. I think your HT journey is basically complete!

But.. I just need to say this..

You have by the far worse pictures I've ever seen on this site. I mean, its so hard to tell from any single picture that you have posted.

Man, at least take a couple decent pictures for once. :cool:

My pics may not be the best but I have posted pics taken at Rahal's clinic, pics with my hair wet, etc if you look around the site as they are scattered. I am not saying they are the best ever but far from the worst :)

I hate my pic taken (Always have) so the ones I post are not to be deceptive but because I just hate going through expanded photo shoots in various lighting conditions like many of you guys do (And I think is great). I just post pics to give you all an idea of my progress.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

• 2 weeks later...

You're making great progress. You have another 6-8 months of growth/thickening to look forward to. I agree that you have contributed greatly to this forum and I'm happy for you on the type result you're achieving. As for the pics you've posted - I think it's a bit unfair for any to state your pics are the worst. I've seen much worse and some have been from clinics too.

I know you've been debating about thickeners like Cobuki and Nanogen. DermMatch, Toppiks, etc are all very effective. You have to be careful to not use too much but I definately don't see any shame in utilizing them.

Can't. Your hair is looking awesome buddy!! I can't believe you're almost 8,000 grafts in. What a tremendous difference it made for you!! I want to get a couple thousand more myself to hopefully get your thick/full look too!! Looking forward to seeing that 12 month post-op post….It's going to be awesome!

Hope you've been well,

Mike

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Hey congrats on your HT but to be honest, it's very hard to see your picture in your blog.. is there a chance you can make it bigger and a bit clear? Coming from that NW, you're looking very good.

Hey TeamRahal, how is your hair coming along? I saw from your profile that you are about three months in...you taking any meds?

Can't. Your hair is looking awesome buddy!! I can't believe you're almost 8,000 grafts in. What a tremendous difference it made for you!! I want to get a couple thousand more myself to hopefully get your thick/full look too!! Looking forward to seeing that 12 month post-op post….It's going to be awesome!

Hope you've been well,

Mike

Thanks bud.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

Very nice improvement. You're so close to filling that crown in...are you going to have just one more procedure?

I have about 2000 more grafts in the bank and Rahal told me I should do them in FUE if I do decide to have a third procedure. However, coming from a NW 6, I am happy with where I am and would like to save the 2000 grafts in case sides drop, etc which I don't see happening but I like to have this insurance in case. It will cost be a small bald spot in my crown but to me this is worth the 2000 graft future insurance in case gaps occur in the future due to further hair loss.

It is temping though :)

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

I have about 2000 more grafts in the bank and Rahal told me I should do them in FUE if I do decide to have a third procedure. However, coming from a NW 6, I am happy with where I am and would like to save the 2000 grafts in case sides drop, etc which I don't see happening but I like to have this insurance in case. It will cost be a small bald spot in my crown but to me this is worth the 2000 graft future insurance in case gaps occur in the future due to further hair loss.

It is temping though :)

This I can certainly relate to. You look great, you've come a long way, and from one NW6 to another, welcome to the club:)

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

This I can certainly relate to. You look great, you've come a long way, and from one NW6 to another, welcome to the club:)

Thanks Joe. Your the best!

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

• 1 year later...

CD, huge congratulations, you hair looks incredible. I remember following your case and updates closely for your first HT, and having just seen these photos, what a transformation. You must be thrilled. Enjoy every moment! This is my first visit to HTN in maybe two and a half years and yours is the first post I open. I knew there was something pulling me here today! I always remember crown work taking so long to fill in, to have this result after 6 months. You more than deserve it! Awesome!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.