Need advice on what to do...really upset..pls help

i have been sufferring from hairloss since the age of 23,however after consulting from a tricology centre named Richfeel they took my scalp hair report and from the reports they told me that 70 % of my hair roots are weak and cannot do anything apart from maintaining those left. recently i took a second opinion from a doctor and he asked me to go through a cycle of medicines before he could conclude anything further as i usually shave my head bald coz i feel pretty low seeing myself with so less hair. so now i am growing my hair past 2 months and regularly taking medicines.

Prescription:

Mon & Thursday - V B 7 forte, (Antioxident) 20 tabs

Ezorb forte, (Calcium with Zinc) 20 tabs

one each in the morning

Tue & Friday - Astyfer XT, (Iron, Folic acid & Zinc) 20 tabs

Eracod, (Omega 3), 20 tabs

one each in the morning

Wed & Saturday - Eramine, (Essential Aminoacids) 20 tabs

Finpecia, (Finasteride) 20 tabs

one each in the morning

along with tugain 5% twice a day.

however after 2 months i notice my hair are growing but its uneven and also majority of them are very thin (extremely) i have even noticed above my forehead some baby hairs coming (thin tiny) .i have a deep hairline recession.

i have joined this forum to know and get some expert advice as to what should i do continue with the meds for few more months and then consult the doc if a HT is possible ( as i have a small donor area).

MY MAJOR CONCERN IS THAT ONCE A HAIR IS WEAK FROM ITS ROOT AND HAS BECOME THIN...IS IT POSSIBLE TO MAKE THE ROOTS STRONG AND THICKEN THE HAIR (specially the baby hair coming.. as i have been told baby hair dont grow long they are limited in growth)....

REFER TO MY PICS ON PROFILE PLEASE COMMENT

PLEASE PLEASE SUGGEST WHAT SHALL I DO...WHAT WILL BE BEST SUITED FOR ME...TRANSPLANT, MEDICATION OR SOMETHING ELSE...PLS PLS AS THESE HAIRS MAKES ME LOOK LIKE A 40 YR OLD WHEN I AM JUST 27....

Your hair loss looks pretty bad- Norwood 7 with a thin donor area.

If I were in your position I would look into SMP (Scalp Micro Pigmentation).

Unless you have any mineral deficiencies I'd question the worth in taking all those pills/supplements. Probably a waste of money.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Ashwin I agree with Matt.

I don't think you are a very good hair transplant candidate.

It seems you have a lot of loss already and you are only 27,

which likely means further loss as you age,

plus you appear to have poor donor hair.

I think you are one of the rare ones that actually can pull off the shaved look quite well.

You look so much better with the shaved look than the balding look.

If you decided to do SMP by a top notch SMP technician I think you could have a great look.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Because your loss is so aggressive and your donor is thin, I think no matter what type of HT you get (including body hair) you will likely end up disatisfied and wanting to just fix something else. I think your best bet is either going completely shaved, or SMP. You can try the temporary SMP for a year or so and see if you like it.

Fortunately you look good with the shaved look, you have the right shaped head for it.

Agreed stay with shaved look or try SMP

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

ashwin1212,

Welcome! I'm sorry to hear about how hair loss is affecting your life. However, I do agree with what's already been said. You are clearly not a candidate for hair transplant surgery due to your young age, extensive balding and thin donor area.

SMP may be a viable option for you and you could go the temporary route. The only other options I see here are sticking the the shaved look or a hair system.

I would go a step further and say that there is probably no need for finasteride and minoxidil at this stage. These drugs are simply not capable of restoring significant hair growth to completely bald scalps.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

by the looks of those pictures i would agree with the above, no hair transplant.

but.. you have the perfect head shape to shave your hair and go with that look, and that is what i would do in your case. looking at your profile picture stay shaved it looks great on you.