How long has the Trychophytic Closure been around ?

Just curious about this. Who invented it, and how long have docs been doing it ? 2 years, 5 years ?

From the photos I've been seeing it seems that one could indeed wear the hair very short with a successful outcome using this technique.

What would be considered the closest # guard you could shave down to ?

I have to admit that seeing some of these ultra-fine scars with the hair growing through them makes the FUE route seem less desirable than before, especially because you can't really shave completely down with FUE either (especially if 3000+ grafts were extracted).

Any thoughts on this fellas ?

shine on,

Remember that Plastic surgery is called what it is because of the skin's inherent elasticity or plasticity. Skin or scalp will stretch when tension vectors are applied. Such tension vectors applied to a wound before it has a chance to mature (6-12 months) will be more likely to stretch. For more information, please see: Post-surgical scars in Hair Restoration Surgery

hair_me_out,

No, it is not necessary to totally avoid, but I recommend modifying the exercising. It is advised that exercises that pull on the neck directly be avoided for that length of time, such as squats, and heavy shoulder shrugs. One can do most machines in the gym as long as it does not pull on the neck. Bench presses for ex. are ok but use good form, do not arch the back and pull on the neck while straining with weights than you are able to lift.

In regards to the initial question of who invented or first used the trychophytic closure, I feel like I've seen upwards of 5 docs claim on different websites that they were the FIRST to offer this type of closure in the US or invented it, etc. Kind of funny.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

hey labrat....i've seen just as good a result with a standard closure, each patient case is unique as to the best approach...supporting the external closure with an internal dissolving suture is very effective and something we have been using for over 15 years..trichophytic i have to say on the right patient can produce a very desireable scar.

VP Patient & Media Relations for The Hair Loss Doctors by Robert J. Dorin 

I am not sure who are the five doctors but as far as I remember

Dr Marazola in his article hair transplant forum 15:113-16 2005

Dr Ferchet Hair transplant forum 15:113-16

Dr Rose ledge closure hair transplant forum 15:120 are the first three and I saw in Dr Patrick Ferchet lecture in 2004 at ISHRS meeting about his invisible scar and the paper was presented in ESHRS meeting at Brussel in 2005 showing that it should be less than 1cm width and at same time the other authors also talked about that. This has been there in literature but for HT this is the begining.

In 2006 at San Diego meeting of ISHRS and Orlando Live surgery work shop same year I presented my work with tricophytic closure of 1.5 cm to 2cm width and minimally visible scar. Dr Parsley actually personally appreciated my work and results.

So I think I would give credit of this closure technique to abouve three gentlemen

---

I am a medical advisor to Lexington International and Hairmax. What ever I say is my personal opinion.

Dr. Mohmand is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

• 2 weeks later...

See a previous thread I put up below. Tricho closures were originally used for browlifts.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

http://hair-restoration-info.c...?r=44910999#44910999

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians