Comments welcome: 20 months post-op

harryforreal

Those with a keen eye and who have been on this forum long enough may be able to guess who the surgeon was. 400 additional grafts will not result in an acceptable density. I would not gamble going with this surgeon again as we all have a finite donor and I do not consider the work of this surgeon(in this case and others) to be of an acceptable level.

Doesn't look ultra-refined at all.

Design was poor too. You still look good, so that is no problem, and having a thinish hairline is no biggie. Bleach will help those two immensely if they are bothersome. Just dab a touch on some , not all , of the roots on the hairline and wait til they bleach thoroughly. If you don't like it, jut add toner and cool the collie down. Result will be softer.

Still, lowering the hairline, if you are going for the big swept back look, isn't a bad thing.

Perhaps the doc might be right when he says fin won't grow back your hairline but what about the existing hairs that are just hanging on around that area? The 7 month back sounds kinda suspect.

You always lose hair as a result of an HT. All balding people have hair which has 'about to expire' written on it. The HT changes it to past tense. Unless Propecia is working for you.

What I wanna. Know is the extraction method.

Doctor? Pedal-controlled drill? Manual punch? Tech drill? and extraction? Doctor puch and then tech extracts? One tech? Team of techs?

That stuff will help all, without compromising you. Certainly never mention the doc. You will be stigmatized.

Although you can detect some thinning in the forelock, your pre-surgery hairline looked just fine IMO. I personally would not return to this doctor for another procedure. I have a one-strike-and-you're-out policy with Ht docs.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I honestly think that transplants should not be performed on cases like this with minimal hairloss. It's a shame to have a nice head of hair and risking it. And it's not just the doctors fault it's our fault as well to ask these procedures.

Naturalness is everything. I would suggest going to a different doctor with a flare for natural looking hairlines. I dont think its worth the chance to go back to the same doc for 300-400 grafts. Find someone who treats hairlines like art.

just my 2 cents.

I couldn't agree more. Whoever did the work used doubles in the hairline. I feel this is something that should be punishable by death in the industry and would highly encourage you to identify the doctor and let them explain their reasoning for this. After all this is what the forum is for and if everyone conceals situations like this then it gives no insight for future patients.

Anyway, I think what MAGNUMpi said is very good advice. This industry is as much art as it is medical and I think you could greatly benefit from doing some good research to find a talented doctor out there. I just wouldn't trust someone who put doubles like that where they did with nothing to conceal them.

We are here to help you in your journey. Keep us informed.

Well on the plus side, it look like the doctor's handy-work is good and precise, you don't seem to have any scarring at all, and it seems most if not all of the grafts grew... My personal (totally non-medical but just common-sense) take on this is that it was a simply case of "not enough grafts." I think adding 400 or 500 singles/doubles in that area - especially concentrating on the front-most rows of hair to thicken up the hairline density - would likely do the trick very nicely. And if your doc is offering a touch-up job for free or discounted price, I don't see that there's any ethical dilemma or even much of a problem here - just a lesson: Being conservative with your donor region is wise, but don't be too conservative :)

Go for that touch-up, and I think you'll be very happy!

After looking at the before pics of your hairline which is quite good, this result looks like more and more of a bust and after seeing the placement of the grafts post op it appears that you had very poor yield. The hairline placement seem a bit strange, it looks like he flattened it a bit too much for my taste. If you always wear your hair longer perhaps you should consider one of the top strip surgeons that can camo this work and get you to where you want to be. Hasson, Wong, Shapiro, Konior, and Rahal immediately come to mind. Ugh good luck man.

I am just wonder who the doctor was that did this, since he was recommended on here.. even if he is willing to fix it for free, shouldn't it have been done rite the first time...

I seem to be gleaning that this is at least partially due to yield and possibly a little excessive shock-loss, something that the doctor could not necessarily foresee - and could likely absolve himself of responsibility of; I think it's good of him to offer a touch-up job at no costs - this is relatively rare in the cosmetic surgery world AFAIK.

Hi Guys,

I've spoken with HarryforReal multiple times since he created the thread, and I wanted to share the following:

First, he has been in contact with his physician, and they discussed the situation and came to an agreement regarding a second (complementary) procedure.

Second, he informed the doctor of this thread and asked that he review it and (if he feels necessary) leave a reply. I will send the doctor an additional email asking him to explain the situation and share his input.

Thanks!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Whoever did the surgery it would be nice to hear a response.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

• 2 weeks later...
Don't use all that things they are harmful to you. If your hair is losing, then let them fall. When your hair gets completely removed then use hair lotion which will help to grow your hairs. The main reason behind hair loss is stress and it can be overcome by mediation.

more info.

No, retard. Finasteride helps prevent prostate cancer as well as aiding in hair growth. Minoxidil is non-toxic when used topically. Hair transplants are permanent, and a god-send. Stop trying sell your scammy bullsh!t snake-oil crap on these kinds of sites/forums, people here are too educated to buy it. Also, if you want to decieve and manipulate people who speak a certain language, you actually have to learn how to speak that language well and understand how to use its mechanics effectively, or you just sound like an illiterate idiot.

Edited by OtherSyde

Don't use all that things they are harmful to you. If your hair is losing, then let them fall. When your hair gets completely removed then use hair lotion which will help to grow your hairs. The main reason behind hair loss is stress and it can be overcome by mediation.

Hahaha!

Lol. What planet are you from???

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

From your pre-op pics it didn't look like you needed much (if any) work done, I would have suggested a small procedure to thicken up your existing hair rather than lowering the hairline.

Now it has been lowered I would say that 300 grafts will not do anything to help rectify the situation. If you think 1050 gave you that density, then how much will 300 grafts give you? Practically nothing. You'll need about 1500 to thicken it up. Hey i'm not expert but this seems logical to me.

I'd request a refund from said doctor and go elsewhere personally.