2989 graft surgery with coalition member

Sorry to hear you didn't feel that your questions were answered. Keep in mind that there are many more factors to hair than just density, and the doctor didn't really have anything to do with what your donor will provide. I would consider saving judgement about the procedure until much later. It was way better of the surgeon to end up low on the graft count due to your physiology than to push the boundaries and cause permanent shock loss or even necrosis due to a tight closure.

Good luck. I hope you get a good result.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I know it must be frustrating not getting the grafts you needed but I good doctor will always put your well being in front of numbers. If he would of tried to push for more you could of had a lot of tension and potential stretched scar and other problems down the line.

The work looks clean, try and put it on the back burner for the next few months, if its the doc I think it is you have nothing to worry about. He's that good :cool:

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

Mouse66666,

When did you have your surgery and do you have any current pictures?

It is hard to make any judgement without any pictures.

Most forum members will know the clinic by the presentation of the photos.

Edited by chrisdav

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

The suture work is enough to know who did the work... Will be interesting to see how the result itself pans out but the surgeon being in a rush for another procedure is NOT a good thing no matter who the surgeon is.

I have to say that I'm surprised by some of the issues/concerns with this doc. He really is top notch and u should have not experienced any of that. U should tell the clinic how u fell. As for the number of grafts and as the others said, u should b happy that the doc didn't push the limit, it's to ur benefit. Take care post -op and u will have a great result.

That looks lie Dr. Rahal. It looks like you got about the right amount of grafts for your level of hair loss. It looks like you may lose more hair in future so hairline was appropriate.

As to charging more if you ended up with more than the amount of grafts, that is simply his clinics policy. Other clinics may not follow the same rule.

At this point try to relax and follow the instructions.

The work looks great, and i have no concerns because this is one of the best doctors. What i didn't like was that this doctor didn't answer any of my question, as he was in a rush to perform another surgery. That to me is really important because it gives me a peace of mind. Some people only care about the results, but i'm very technical and i had a lot of questions.Only got to see the doctor for 5 minutes after the procedure. But overall the results are good. Will i go to this doctor again? yes, i will. There could definitely be improvement from the doctor to the patient interaction.

I can understand bedside manor and attention being important to you. Your doctor really is a great surgeon, which is the most important thing. Maybe he had a difficult second case or had an important life event. I'm not making excuses for him, but just saying that this may not be the norm for him. Maybe you can reach out to him. I think it is important for the doctors to realize that this is a huge life event for each patient, emotionally for everyone and financially for most. I do personally favor it when doctors perform surgery on only one patient per day as I have said before, but again, your doctor does produce really nice results. I have a feeling when it is all said and done, you will be pretty happy.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

mouse666666,

I'm apparently joining the party a little late since it appears that you've edited most of your original statements. The subject of your post definitely catches the eye, but it doesn't appear to reflect the accuracy of this topic. From the jist of it, it seems that you're not happy with some of the communication you had with your doctor but you're happy about the overall work and procedure. Perhaps the title should be edited to reflect this? Or maybe even the description in your first post (which appears to have been edited)?

Since your physician is a member of the Coalition, if there is anything I can do to help address your concerns (such as contact your surgeon to discuss them), I'll be happy to do so.

In the meantime, please keep us posted on your progress, which by the photos, I suspect will turn out very nicely.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Mouse666666,

As Bill mentioned above, I am also a little late to this thread. I've been out of town for the past 10 days. It looks like several of your posts were edited, so I didn't know where your thoughts were currently on your procedure. I just wanted to chime in here and say that you were in great hands with your surgeon, and that the clinic takes pride in customer satisfaction. I think you are going to really be happy with your results in the end. It has only been a couple of weeks for you.....and the early days of a hair restoration are mentally/physically trying on a patient. I hope that you know you were in great hands and that it will all work out to a very satisfactory result. In six months time, you will be very happy that you had the procedure done. Looking at your photos, the work looks very clean.

I am here to help in any way that I can....so please don't hesitate to reach out to me if you have any questions or just want someone to chat to. I went through the same doubts in the beginning, and now I couldn't be happier that I had my transplant.

Chin up buddy! =)

Mike

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Believe me your doctor did not want to compromise any loss of sensation in scalp and made a smart decision, you can always add density, but if your to tight the doc may not want to put you at risk. Give it some time before you make your final judgment. The work does look very clean.