When should you officially revisit your doctor for checkup?

I would say at 6 months you should have a good idea if your HT is off track. I would visit the doc at that point.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Asiandude Why don't you put some pictures up? (PreOp, PostOP, 3 Months and 6 Months). I think some knowledgeable people like Spanker, Nick, Matt or AgentEye can chime in on the progress of the growth.

If that Nick character is indeed me, you are overly kind :o

In regards to the post, I agree that 6 months is generally a good enough time to go see your Dr. However, between 6 months and 12 months the hair does continue to mature and thicken. Doctors recommend that you don't even evaluate your results for the first 6 months.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

Really, anytime you feel the need to is a good time IMO. But unless you have had a remarkable event you probably won't get much more than that you need to wait and see until after 8 months or so. I think this case is a good illustration of how some cases, at 5 or 6 months can look like trouble to some and really turn around.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/170457-2565-grafts-dr-alexander.html

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

until the 12 month period most docs will address your concerns re: growth and density with:

"Let's wait to see the density fill in over the next (fill-in) months, and then we can address your concerns at that time."

...and rightly so.

Nothing really should be done in terms of adding more grafts before 12 months and

Nothing could be done to increase density or hasten growth but adding more grafts

but in the end, most HT are fixable if you are not satisfied

it's a 12 month waiting game for further adjustment though

Really, anytime you feel the need to is a good time IMO. But unless you have had a remarkable event you probably won't get much more than that you need to wait and see until after 8 months or so. I think this case is a good illustration of how some cases, at 5 or 6 months can look like trouble to some and really turn around.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/170457-2565-grafts-dr-alexander.html

nice example spanker , i myself am 4 months post op and am a little worried, very little growth and the growth thats there is sparse

If that Nick character is indeed me, you are overly kind :o

lol, yeah. I assumed he means Matt from Rahal but I can't think of any other Nick

6-9 months is probably a good time but they are only going to say it can take 18 months. However, at least you may be able to get some reassurance that there has actually been some growth.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

We like to see patients at 6 months and 12 months post op. We send out a reminder letter for our patients to either send pics or come in for an evaluation. At 6 months follow up, there's more growth/maturing of hairs to follow but it's a good time for us to evaluate if the patient is progressing as he/she should.

You'd have to check with your physician/clinic to see when they like to review patients.