Who here has traveled to Turkey from the USA for FUE procedure and can share...

Who here can shair their experience and results with us? Seriously considering Turkey for FUE. The work looks incredible and the price is just unmatchable in the states. Plus I love to travel.

Really hoping some people from the US can share their experience,

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is a good topic. Also, how safe is American travel in Turkey at this time?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Spanker, good point on the travel. I've been to turkey before but not since the recent developments. Although for a HT it might be best to get in and get out with out any 'travel'.

I agree I'm recently very impressed with the work. I've seen some intra op vids from hakan and he's packing 120+/cm2 which is great.

120+/cm2, are you sure about that? Are you referring to hairs or grafts? I have never heard of anything over 70 grafts/cm2.

I am also considering Dr Hakan Doganay and Dr Demirsoy as well. I have been on some of the international forums, too and both have very good reputations and results. I think both are

Although, my mind is on information overload right between deciding on FUT or FUE and where to get it done....

120+/cm2, are you sure about that? Are you referring to hairs or grafts? I have never heard of anything over 70 grafts/cm2.

Watch the videos on his site it documents it intra op as he is implanting into a 1sq cm area

Watch the videos on his site it documents it intra op as he is implanting into a 1sq cm area

I watched the videos and didn't hear anything about grafts/cm2, however I could have missed it. Anyways 120grafts/cm2 is grater than natural density so either you or someone else is mistaken, or they are referring to hairs/cm2.

I watched the videos and didn't hear anything about grafts/cm2, however I could have missed it. Anyways 120grafts/cm2 is grater than natural density so either you or someone else is mistaken, or they are referring to hairs/cm2.

There is a site hairtransplantation-turkey dot com

Go to the video section and watch the ones where there is an implantation counter. It appears, from watching that video, that they are getting quite a few grafts in there.

That has to be an inch, which is strange that they would be using an inch especially in a country outside of the U.S.. If they were transplanting 120 grafts/cm2 that would be pretty remarkable and would pretty much change hair transplantation forever. If you assume it is an inch, then that converts to about 47 grafts/cm2 which is much more reasonable and pretty standard for top clinics.

I don't think it's an inch though. Look at it in relation to his finger. It's not larger then his finger tip you can see a few times his finger approximates the area and it gives you a frame of reference.

I don't think it's an inch though. Look at it in relation to his finger. It's not larger then his finger tip you can see a few times his finger approximates the area and it gives you a frame of reference.

Well if it is 120 grafts/cm2 he is transplanting at densities that no other doctor even comes close to, and he is essentially curing baldness if the patient has enough donor.

A transplant has very rarely been able to achieve natural density on the low end, and 120 grafts/cm2 is way over average density. I think the highest natural density I have seen was around 118 fu/cm2, so at 120 grafts/cm2 he would be able to give patients a higher density than what they naturally have, which is something no one has been able to achieve. That is why I have to assume that is an inch, because if it wasn't this doctor would be screaming from the mountain tops that he can dense pack so well that he can surpass natural density, and I have yet to hear that.

Going back and looking at the video and the finger in relation to the ruler it does look like it is in cm, however I don't see how it is possible that they are transplanting at 120 grafts/cm2. It just doesn't make sense of what I know to be the current reality. Is this Dr. Hakan Doganay? I don't see any mention of who the doctor is, if it is Dr. Hakan I would love for him to explain this video and if he is actually capable of transplanting at those densities.

That is a completely unrealistic density, never mind the fact of yield with that amount of grafts place so tightly, but no one iv ever seen documented has 120 in the donor so to suggest its placed in the recipient area is just madness!! I havnt watched the video and they may claim that's the truth but it clearly won't be!!!!

That is a completely unrealistic density, never mind the fact of yield with that amount of grafts place so tightly, but no one iv ever seen documented has 120 in the donor so to suggest its placed in the recipient area is just madness!! I havnt watched the video and they may claim that's the truth but it clearly won't be!!!!

That's what I'm saying there is either something fishy going on in that video or we are not understanding the scale or counting, because 120 grafts/cm2 is something that is not currently possible.

So for someone who is a Norwood 3, and has family genetic history of Norwood 5, would FUE make sense? Not to start a subtopic, but I'm hoping I can get a few replies to this question.

I'm assuming that it doesn't really make a difference. So why not just do FUE? and as your balding progresses, you can just do more FUE procedures as needed? This way you avoid the smiley face scar on the back of the head, so you'll always have the option of shaving your head if the balding reaches a point where your donor area can't keep up.

As far as turkey travel safety...good question. Acts of violence against US Citizens is a threat according to the travel safety site. Hmmm

Hoping someone can share their experience with us.

Anyone have any links to overseas forums where the doctors in turkey are reviewed and talked about by patients the way American doctors are journaled on hairrestorationnetwork forums?

Edited by Jinglealltheway

If he's packing 120 grafts/cm2 (which Idon't believe is possible), he is wasting many grafts. You get full density at around 70

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

The protests in Istanbul were in one area and have now stopped.

It's completely safe to travel there so don't worry. Istanbul is a huge place with private hospitals all over the city.

Where i had my HT was miles away from there.

The media just went a bit over the top with it.

Rob

2800 FUE, Istanbul

Not from USA but a Canadian national. Travelling to Turkey was probably one of the easiest and most pleasant trips i've had. I am originally middle eastern and travelled from Kuwait to Turkey so my flight only lasted 3.5 hours. Yours would be long and boring (anywhere between 10-12 hours i believe).

Airport security is no issue, never stopped/searched. Very easy to get into the country as you can apply for an e-visa online which i did. Took me 5 minutes to fill out the form and pay, was approved instantly. You could always do this at airport but i did not feel like waiting in line.

With regards to safety, i too was worried about the riots/protests when heading there last month. Turns out they only happen during certain times and in very small areas (e.g. taksim square) so i never saw a thing. I'm pretty sure the protests have cooled down since last month. Also i would not worry too much about where you are coming from. It makes no difference if you are from the US, Europe, or even a neighbouring Arab/Non-Arab country. Turkey is one of very few "open" and tourist friendly countries in the middle east, kind of like Dubai.

The people are very generous, friendly, and polite. I'm sure you will have a pleasant experience.

*edit* Oh and they have some very tasty sweets there lol. bought some from the airport on my way back OMNOMNOM :)

Edited by B-KW

Yea I agree with all of you. It is hard to believe and also unnecessary. However, there is another video where he measures it with a tape measure. It's definitely NOT an inch. I know that much. And like someone said they use metric there. I believe it is hakan and I would love to hear from him on this. It appears to be the Choi implanter pen.

I saw a case of his where he did a total of 8500 grafts. There is a video of it. I believe 1500 were body hair. Still, that means nearly 7k were standard donor fue. The guy basically show no signs of ever balding. Perhaps there are thin spots but it was some transformation.

We need more clarity on this for sure.

So for someone who is a Norwood 3, and has family genetic history of Norwood 5, would FUE make sense? Not to start a subtopic, but I'm hoping I can get a few replies to this question.

I'm assuming that it doesn't really make a difference. So why not just do FUE? and as your balding progresses, you can just do more FUE procedures as needed? This way you avoid the smiley face scar on the back of the head, so you'll always have the option of shaving your head if the balding reaches a point where your donor area can't keep up.

As far as turkey travel safety...good question. Acts of violence against US Citizens is a threat according to the travel safety site. Hmmm

Hoping someone can share their experience with us.

Anyone have any links to overseas forums where the doctors in turkey are reviewed and talked about by patients the way American doctors are journaled on hairrestorationnetwork forums?

It's all going to come down to how much donor you have available via each method. Some people, like me would be lucky to get 3000 grafts in total via fue because of lower density. However I have very good laxity so I have been able to get over 4000 grafts thus via strip with more planned. So I essentially have at least double the donor available from strip alone and then at the very end I will have a little more available via fue if it is needed.

So if you are lucky and you have good density and a good fue doctor thinks you have say 6000+ grafts available then fue could be a good option for you. However if you are like me then strip may be your best option, or you may want to wait until you future balding pattern becomes more evident.