Who here has traveled to Turkey from the USA for FUE procedure and can share...

I'm in Antalya Turkey this very moment one day after my transplant with Dr. Hakan. I will be posting my full experience in the coming days with images...but I will say it feels totally safe here and I'm an obvious American. The biggest danger I have experience is being tempted to buy a sweet leather jacket that wasnt in the budget.

Dr. Hakan told me he prefers 60 graphs cm2 because there is not enough oxygen to supply mush higher amounts and the other graphs and they needlessly die. 70 cm2 max.

Istanbul was very cool to visit and of course the price is hard to beat. I will post my results soon, very interested to hear everyone's feedback.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my uncles spends probably more time in Dubai then he does in the states, he has never had any problems. Dubai is probably one of the richest cities in the world. It is probably one of the most tourist friendly places in middle east, and is one of the largest business hubs.

Except tourists get arrested for crazy things because it is run based off Sharia law. An recent example being a Norweigan woman that was raped and upon reporting her rape, she was sentenced to 13 months in jail for pre-marital sex...

I don't want to make things political, but Dubai is not a very tourist friendly place to be if you're not willing to obey. I've heard countless horror stories. My next favorite is a group of tourists who were visiting a friend found drugs and reported it to the police and were arrested for possession.

I can keep going :D

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

Except tourists get arrested for crazy things because it is run based off Sharia law. An recent example being a Norweigan woman that was raped and upon reporting her rape, she was sentenced to 13 months in jail for pre-marital sex...

I don't want to make things political, but Dubai is not a very tourist friendly place to be if you're not willing to obey. I've heard countless horror stories. My next favorite is a group of tourists who were visiting a friend found drugs and reported it to the police and were arrested for possession.

I would actually believe the drugs story. The police in UAE can tolerate anything other than drugs. Drugs is a big NO NO..

I would actually believe the drugs story. The police in UAE can tolerate anything other than drugs. Drugs is a big NO NO..

Both stories are actually very recent, and both completely true. These aren't even rare, isolated incidences. They happen much more than they should.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

Dubai is considered the "Las Vegas of the Arabian Peninsula", sure it's still under religious rule like all of the UAE and other Arab countries, but it is quite friendly to tourists if you understand the rules and have money to spend, hell they have the worlds only 7 star hotel, the Burj al Arab, that transfers you from the airport in either a Rolls Royce or a helicopter that lands on the roof. They have an indoor ski resort, one of the worlds best water parks blah blah. You can't always take stories from the media about places around the world and make an assumption about the city or country. Cuba has long been considered "dangerous" or "evil", I have been there and it is one of the best countries I've visited. There are places in the middle east I would never consider visiting, Dubai and Turkey however aren't any of them.

Dubai ruler pardons Norwegian woman convicted after she reported rape

Dalelv no longer has a job with the company that sent her on the work assignment to Dubai.

She said that a month after the rape, while forced to stay in Dubai as the case wound through the legal system, she was fired by her employer, Al Mana Interiors.

A representative of Al Mana Interiors, who declined to be publicly identified, said Saturday that Dalelv and the Sudanese man she accused -- who is married with three children -- were both terminated by Al Mana Interiors for "drinking alcohol at a staff conference that resulted in trouble with the police."

Cool story. She was not a tourist, she was sent there for work. She drank on the job. Publicly intoxicated herself while disregarding several of the countries laws, shared a hotel room with a co-worker scum who she had no close relationship with. I'm not saying its her fault for getting raped she is definitely a victim. However, she violated several alchohol and room sharing laws which btw the police there usually turn a blind eye to unless something significant occurs, and in her case something big occured. She was out on bail for a month then pardoned.

*edit* oh and guess what, ive heard of cops planting drugs on victims in the USA and maybe even raping them, big whoop, happens everywhere.