how high is too high?

so I'm schedule for an FUE and plan to go quite conservative. I'm a 3A-4 and having frontal and hairline work. I'm trying to figure out how high a hairline I can go with that will still look good. Reasons for conservative approach are average donor density, and I'd like to have age appropriate hairline in 20 years.

Are there any pics or forums detailing the height of hairlines or size of foreheads? I've searched the forums but can't find any such threads?

Thanks

CC

I think if its higher than 4 fingers then its really high. Maximum should be 4 fingers only!

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

I think it depends on how your head is shaped. For me, past the curve between your head and forehead is too high.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Where are you guys counting finger lengths from- above or below the eyebrows?

Tacolino-yours actually looks slightly lower then my proposed hairline and I'm measuring about 5. I'll post pics soon.

I know it's high, but I'm trying to figure based on prior pics and or experiences whether it looks bad or just like a receded, mature hairline.

I agree that a lot is probably dependent on the head shape.

For me, anything higher that Taco's is too high. However, if you are going to a top doc, meaning the best that this site has to offer, they likely will not lead you down the wrong road. That is what you are paying them for. They can look at your hair, your age, your donor, and give you a good idea of a safe hairline. Sure, sometimes they good too low, sometimes they go higher than I like. (Too high is better than too low because you can always drop it.)

This is how I measure, but I don't know if I'm right.

SKuGTMr.jpg

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I do think there is a point at which the hairline is too high and it isn't worth even transplanting, because you are not truly framing the face at that height. I almost never place a hairline higher than 8cm above a line across the top of the eyebrows. My average for all comers is between 6.5 and 7.5, with 7cm being the commonest height.

Two factors that weigh heavily on where that line should be are the age of the patient and how far forward the side temple hair projects forward. If the patient is young and there are signs that they are going to someday be very bald and the temple hair is thinning also, then I will often put it up near 7.5-8cm. On the other hand, if the man is 50 and his temple hair is way forward and the area that is thinning is already down at 5cm above the eyebrows, then I'll just continue his hairline there.

It has to be individualized and evaluated for each patient by a hair surgeon who has extensive experience.

Mike Beehner, M.D.

I do think there is a point at which the hairline is too high and it isn't worth even transplanting, because you are not truly framing the face at that height. I almost never place a hairline higher than 8cm above a line across the top of the eyebrows. My average for all comers is between 6.5 and 7.5, with 7cm being the commonest height.

Two factors that weigh heavily on where that line should be are the age of the patient and how far forward the side temple hair projects forward. If the patient is young and there are signs that they are going to someday be very bald and the temple hair is thinning also, then I will often put it up near 7.5-8cm. On the other hand, if the man is 50 and his temple hair is way forward and the area that is thinning is already down at 5cm above the eyebrows, then I'll just continue his hairline there.

It has to be individualized and evaluated for each patient by a hair surgeon who has extensive experience.

Mike Beehner, M.D.

I haven't measure mine from the top of the eyebrows. Is it from the top of the inside or the highest point of the eyebrows?

I have some big catapillar eyebrows so that makes measuring an issue. 7 cm from the top of my eyebrows is on my crown. (j/K)

View Spanker's Website

i just measured mine, its exaclly 3 inches or 7.6cm,, measured from in between my eyebrows ,, kinda high for a 25 yr old but i guess i can live with it

Where exactly did you measure it from?

View Spanker's Website

In between my eye brows

Im at 7 and it seems quite low to me. Maybe I should remeasure.

View Spanker's Website

I have 4 or 5 hairs at 7cm and a fair few more at 7.5cm.

I think for me, 7.5cm would look about right. If I remember I'll come back on here and tell you what I got!

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

I have 4 or 5 hairs at 7cm and a fair few more at 7.5cm.

I think for me, 7.5cm would look about right. If I remember I'll come back on here and tell you what I got!

7 to the red line:

5b32d90d17d35_2012-10-0712_22_37.jpg.f65cf3c5f03134ed5a4f83da8fa09c50.jpg

i would say ur true hairline in the blue line, but when you go for your ht he will most likely put it on the red line, can you take a pic with your eye brows in it so i can get a feel for what it looks like

Here you go.

Yeah I think you are probably right - some singles placed inbetween the lines.

Some people may think this looks too high but you have to look at it in 3 dimensions and consider how it will fan out.

2.jpg.8541eed9d284edd16c0964c87f3afbb6.jpg

spanker, after looking at your pics there is no way you are 7cm, looks more like 5.5-6

Unless my measuring stick is wrong, its 7 cm, my corners are higher.

View Spanker's Website

Ok. I had Dr K and a inch wide Eddie Munster point. From where that begins and the point between my eyebrows is 6.57 cm or the width of a US dollar. The rest of the front of the hairline is .5 cm higher, which is about 7 in the front. I just measured my corners and they are 2.5 cm higher than the front.

Edited by Spanker
Measured.

View Spanker's Website