1750 fue

I was just teasing you a bit man. The work looks clean.....I think the only concern with the members of this forum (myself included), is that Dr. Diep might have extracted some of your grafts from the "unsafe zone".....which potentially means that you might lose the hairs later on down the line if they are not DHT resistant follicles.......it's not a guarantee, but something that could happen along the way.

As far as supplements, I don't know how beneficial any of them really are.....I only know that a lot of them are recommended for hair loss. I think that it would be argued that the average person gets enough supplement from their regular diet, and therefore doesn't need anything at all.....and that very well may be true. I think the biotin and the MSM, along with a multi-vitamin are always good, and are most likely (if any) to help with hair growth/maturation. I would take a b-complex vitamin as well. Also, once the recommended amount of time has passed since your procedure, I'd look into starting Rogaine/minoxidil if you aren't currently using it. I think that Rogaine definitely helped to give me a jump start on the early growth.

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks about the same as your six day pictures!! :D

I was just teasing you a bit man. The work looks clean.....I think the only concern with the members of this forum (myself included), is that Dr. Diep might have extracted some of your grafts from the "unsafe zone".....which potentially means that you might lose the hairs later on down the line if they are not DHT resistant follicles.......it's not a guarantee, but something that could happen along the way.

As far as supplements, I don't know how beneficial any of them really are.....I only know that a lot of them are recommended for hair loss. I think that it would be argued that the average person gets enough supplement from their regular diet, and therefore doesn't need anything at all.....and that very well may be true. I think the biotin and the MSM, along with a multi-vitamin are always good, and are most likely (if any) to help with hair growth/maturation. I would take a b-complex vitamin as well. Also, once the recommended amount of time has passed since your procedure, I'd look into starting Rogaine/minoxidil if you aren't currently using it. I think that Rogaine definitely helped to give me a jump start on the early growth.

No offense taken bro. You have been very helpful. Was looking at your regimen and wanted to start taking vitamins. I am pretty healthy but a boost wouldn't hurt. Also have you heard of anyone getting an A cell shot during procedure. Its supposed to boost recovery and grafts growth.

Yeah, I've definitely heard of several patients getting it, but to be honest I don't really know too much about it; or the perceived benefits of it. I think someone a little more experienced in the forums-either a senior member or a moderator-will chime in and better assist you with that.

Again, as far as the vitamins are concerned.....it certainly couldn't do any harm. I'm sure it's very different for each individual, but I feel like since I started taking biotin, MSM, b-complex, and the fish-oil supplements....my hair characteristics have definitely improved for the better. Just depends on if you want to spend the extra money or not.....

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

I've asked Dr. Diep if he would go above the safe zone. He said everybody's safe zone is different and if I prefer to have grafts extracted that high at the risk of transplanted grafts falling out in the future, he could do it. I was thinking along the same lines as Harry, hopefully propecia can help save it in the event thinning occurs back there.

Unit, can you please detail your experience with the clinic? I am considering them but not sure about their professionalism. Did they go over your post op instructions? How to take propecia, what to do if side effects occur, how to wash your head etc.

Please keep us updated, thanks!

I've asked Dr. Diep if he would go above the safe zone. He said everybody's safe zone is different and if I prefer to have grafts extracted that high at the risk of transplanted grafts falling out in the future, he could do it. I was thinking along the same lines as Harry, hopefully propecia can help save it in the event thinning occurs back there.

Unit, can you please detail your experience with the clinic? I am considering them but not sure about their professionalism. Did they go over your post op instructions? How to take propecia, what to do if side effects occur, how to wash your head etc.

Please keep us updated, thanks!

I was a great experience with Dr. Diep at MHTA clinic. Very professional and made me feel very comfortable. The price I paid per graft was a great deal. I personally was invited to a open house where two people where getting an fue and strip procedure done two months prior which convinced me to go for it. Overall great experience and hope for great results.

Unit,

Congratulations for selecting an excellent hair restoration surgeon for your FUE hair transplant procedure. Your post-op photos look good and you seem to be healing very well.

I agree with what others have said regarding medication and following Dr. Diep's postoperative instructions.

Regarding Propecia, you will ultimately have to decide whether or not this medication is right for you. But keep in mind that hair transplant surgery does nothing to stop or slow down the progression of male pattern baldness. Thus, if you choose not to take any hair loss medication, your hair loss will probably continue to progress. Propecia and Rogaine can help slow down, stop or even reverse the effects of hair loss. But I understand many have concerns about side effects and choose not to use them.

Please keep us posted.

Best wishes,

Bill

Unit,

Congratulations for selecting an excellent hair restoration surgeon for your FUE hair transplant procedure. Your post-op photos look good and you seem to be healing very well.

I agree with what others have said regarding medication and following Dr. Diep's postoperative instructions.

Regarding Propecia, you will ultimately have to decide whether or not this medication is right for you. But keep in mind that hair transplant surgery does nothing to stop or slow down the progression of male pattern baldness. Thus, if you choose not to take any hair loss medication, your hair loss will probably continue to progress. Propecia and Rogaine can help slow down, stop or even reverse the effects of hair loss. But I understand many have concerns about side effects and choose not to use them.

Please keep us posted.

Best wishes,

Bill

Thanks for feedback

Indeed you are my friend! :-). But the good news is, after this stage comes the growth. And just think.....seems like just yesterday you had your procedure. 20 days out already? It's going to fly by! Try to keep yourself away from a mirror the next few months, as its all downhill from there :-).

Look a bit worse from pre-op but feel good.

Hi, I'm looking to get the same procedure done with Dr Diep. How much was the price of a graft? Was it $4 per graft? Was it less? Or more? and how much did yours cost? :)

Hi, I'm looking to get the same procedure done with Dr Diep. How much was the price of a graft? Was it $4 per graft? Was it less? Or more? and how much did yours cost? :)

It was a good price I think. What were you quoted at. $4 per graft is really cheap.

Went in and got my hair cut with my original barber yesterday. I was going out of town to get a cut due to no confidence. It went very well seen a couple of buddies there and they did not even ask me a question about my hair. My barber did not even notice, he just asked what's up with the buzz cut due to always having my hair long. Its going to be a process but can't wait for my hair to grow in.

the work looks very good, clean and u have healed very well, but i agree with others who have pointed out that extractions were done outside the safe zone., that concerns me.

I relate my recession to my grandfather. I think I will have the same kind of recession he has and I noticed that he is not balding at the crown and still has all his hair around the safe zone. I hope since I am taking after him it will not affect me.

• 2 weeks later...