1750 fue

Hello,

I am a 27 year old Hispanic male and will be having a 1,750 grafts FUE procedure on June 20th, for frontal hair recession with Dr. Diep (MHTA Clinic). Would like any feedback on what to expect pre and post op. Any comments would be appreciated.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome! Dr. Diep does great work!

Can you be a bit more specific about what kind of feedback you are looking for?

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Hi make sure you have given yourself enough time to rest after the op . Day 10 is very important that is when your follicle is finally solid so take it really easy till then Do you know if you have a graft spray and shampoo kit off the surgery?? If not get one online Graftcyte kit its called it is expensive but so worth it, its amazing stuff and helps immensely i got 1500 fue done on the 20th may and my redness is almost gone now it helps with healing and keeping the wound clean which is the most important Drink plenty of water and eat plenty of fruit and veggies to get lots of vitamins and mineral to your new follicles and plenty of protein to help the healing and lots of water (basically watering and feeding the follicles) . You should sleep in upright position for a week that what i done for the swelling and it really helped with a neck cushion really helps from moving right or left and prevents the grafts touching the pillow You will get antibiotics and anti swelling tablets and some painkillers after op . Hope this helps and all goes well mate.

Hi make sure you have given yourself enough time to rest after the op . Day 10 is very important that is when your follicle is finally solid so take it really easy till then Do you know if you have a graft spray and shampoo kit off the surgery?? If not get one online Graftcyte kit its called it is expensive but so worth it, its amazing stuff and helps immensely i got 1500 fue done on the 20th may and my redness is almost gone now it helps with healing and keeping the wound clean which is the most important Drink plenty of water and eat plenty of fruit and veggies to get lots of vitamins and mineral to your new follicles and plenty of protein to help the healing and lots of water (basically watering and feeding the follicles) . You should sleep in upright position for a week that what i done for the swelling and it really helped with a neck cushion really helps from moving right or left and prevents the grafts touching the pillow You will get antibiotics and anti swelling tablets and some painkillers after op . Hope this helps and all goes well mate.

Thanks for the information.

• 2 weeks later...

Got 1808 grafts with Dr. Diep on the 20th, second day post op, and I feel great. Wanted to know if anyone has received the A- Cell shot after the procedure. It was recommended by the doctor. Great experience overall, don't know how to post pics but will when I learn.

Looking good, Unit! Dr. Diep produces some good work, and this should be a nice result. The work looks very clean at this stage of the game.....

Do you have any pre-op photos for reference? I am curious to know what your hair looked like prior to your restoration surgery.

Happy healing/growing, buddy!

Best,

Mike

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Looking good, Unit! Dr. Diep produces some good work, and this should be a nice result. The work looks very clean at this stage of the game.....

Do you have any pre-op photos for reference? I am curious to know what your hair looked like prior to your restoration surgery.

Happy healing/growing, buddy!

Best,

Mike

Thanks for the feedback, you are looking great my friend, hope the same for me on my journey.

When should I start taking meds and what meds should I be taking. My doctor prescribed me propecia but I am a but scared due to the side effects. Would like feedback on what meds one should take an:confused how long after HT. Thanks

:confused:

I'd consult with your physician or review your post-op instructions to determine when to start taking what medications, as every doctor has different recommendations or guidelines for after-care. If your doctor wrote you a Rx for Propecia, it is probably not a terrible idea to take it. I'm guessing your physician recommended it for a reason (so you don't lose more hair) and it would be wise to give it a go. The side effects from these drugs affect so few people, that the likelihood of you being one of them is probably fairly slim. If statistically you are one of the few that experience side effects from Propecia, you can discontinue use. The symptoms you were experiencing would return to normal shortly after. But IMHO, you won't know until you try......and Propecia certainly has worked wonders for me and I'm sure countless men on these forums without any serious side effects.

Hope that helps......

Best,

Mike

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

I am really surprised that no one has mentioned that quite a few of your grafts were not extracted from the safe zone. I have been impressed with some of Dr. Diep's work but the extraction sites look do not look optimal in my opinion.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Spanker is right, some of those do look a little high. However, the recipient area looks very nice. I look forward to updates.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

I am really surprised that no one has mentioned that quite a few of your grafts were not extracted from the safe zone. I have been impressed with some of Dr. Diep's work but the extraction sites look do not look optimal in my opinion.

You are 100% correct. Those extractions are way out of the safe zone. Not surprising as Diep once took grafts out of a patient's crown(who was already a norwood 4/5). These are only some of the reasons I was against his recommendation....

I agree with Spanker, the extractions does not look great, specifically with them being taken way to high up.

I looked at your post op pictures and it looks like you had the same extractions as I did. Was that a problem for you?

Looks about the same as your six day pictures!! :D