Please comment on what you think of this HT

Hi guys,

it`s about following case: Hair Restoration Journal for MMchen - 4 months post HT (FUE)

The gentleman got 1500 grafts via FUE in order to fill in the corners in a german clinic.

He has posted on a german forum and has got numerous replies from users that expressed several concerns regarding the size of the donor holes, the density placed in the bald areas, and foremost the holes seen in the recipient area.

I advised him to post his pictures on here due to the given expertise here.

Unfortunately, one can not open the thread on the german forum with more and bigger pictures in it

unless one is registered. If you could see that link **outside link removed** , you would see that there are only 3-4 grafts placed per squarecentimeter in important areas like the hairline and behind.

I don`t know how to upload pics into a post, so if anybody can help me out with that, would be highly appreciated.

I know this patient is only 4 months post op, and I advised him to wait a couple of months before getting anxious about the result, but I am however quite concerned about the before mentioned issues, so that the HT procedure itself had been executed in a way that imho a satisfying result would not be possible even if there would have been 0 % transection.

So I would welcome everybody to express their opinions, namely Bill, David, Blake, Jotronic, Spex, Mickey and all those other experts on here:-)

What do you think about the size of the donor holes, which possible conclusion could one make about the punch (size) used here?

Also, what do you think about the density placed?

Lastly, I fear that the grafts were inserted way too deep in the slits (or the slits were made too large or both), so we can see quite visible holes now. What is your opinion on that, and also do you know of any case in which this ocurred, too?

Can the patient expect the holes to disappear completely or will he be scarred for life?

Thank you so much, kind regards!

EDIT: 30 views, ain`t you got an opinion? You`re welcome to express it, don`t be shy.

Edited by Future_HT_Doc
removed outside link

I know this patient is only 4 months post op,

and I advised him to wait a couple of months before getting anxious about the result

Hopefully FUE experts will comment.

I betcha at 10 months he'll be happy.

4 months way too early to worry.

If he gets a great result at 12 months

nobody is gonna care about size of punch holes!

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Hi Question,

While I did need to remove the outside link to the other forum, I'll review the other link later today and let you know what I think.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

looks like pretty bad work (looks like 2's or 3's in the hairline) and I agree that the extractions were taken way too high.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Thanks for all the input yet, guys! Actually I think that there was taken too high, too, but that is only a minor concern in relation to the way the grafts were placed appearently. I am talking about the holes that can be seen. Here you can see a clip in which that is categorized as a medical malpractice (grafts placed too deep): **outside link removed** I am sorry if the link is not allowed, in case please just remove it, thanks.

Unfortunately you can`t see the immediate post op picture, but every hole you see (there are also holes with yet no hair sprouting out) is a slit. Beside this, there is nothing to expect to grow out, so in conclusion the density is way too low and even let that alone, the patient will have to deal with scars, will he?

So have any of you seen pictures (or even live patients) having such holes, and if yes, how was the healing? If it doesn`t heal, what would you do?

Edited by Future_HT_Doc

Upon viewing the pictures and video, I noticed alot of multi-hair grafts in the hairline which is absolutely unacceptable, especially at that quantity, I'm talking triple hair grafts. The recipient area is plagued with low yield AND pitting, possibly from using a large gauge needle or too big a blade. The donor is taken higher than the typical safe zone also. The FUE donor wounds are not the worst I have seen and look just below average but I've only seen on photo. The recipient is a mess however... Also the grafts are often placed at angles irrespective of natural flow and to eachother. Whoever did this should not be in the field.

Germans are great at engineering cars--HTs maybe not so much. This does not look like quality FUE work. I'd be concerned if I were this patient.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Question,

Outside links are not allowed on the forums. Please refrain from posting them in the future.

Thank you for understanding.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Future,

thanks for telling me. I`ve seen some Youtubelinks here, so I didn`t know if all links are prohibited or only those which refer to other communities/are advertisement or such. Because the link I posted was only for informational purposes, so to enrich the community, I thought it would be allowed. Anyway I apologize, won`t happen again!

Questionmark sent me the links to the forum where these photos are posted and asked that I share my thoughts on this thread.

The issue that concerns QM are the "holes". This is known as pitting which is caused by the surgeon's needle creating a recipient site that is too deep for the intended graft. The graft is then inserted and it is pushed in too far. Once the incision site heals it heals inverted to the plane of the scalp thus leaving the pit which resembles the divots on a golf ball.

It is far too early to determine how many grafts will grow however after looking at the immediate post-op images it is clear that the density will not be ideal. Furthermore, I believe that the angle and direction of the grafts are less than optimal.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

BUMP. Hasn`t anybody on here have an experience about possible healing of the "pittings". Jo teached us how they happen to appear, but what`s interesting for the patient is whether they will disappear. Patient is now month 5 and the holes are unchanged. So thanks everybody!