Rat Media Production's Hair Transplant Experience

NOTE by Moderator:

RMP's posts and responses to it were starting to get a bit confusing due to conversations taking place on multiple threads. In particular, I didn't feel right allowing continued discussion about RMP's case on Dr. Radha's topic and another old topic related to one of Dr. Mohmand's patients.

Thus, I've created a new thread and moved all of RMP's posts and those related to it to a new topic. I suspect however, that the topic may be a bit disorganized and I apologize for that. However, those who decide to read through the entire topic should get the total picture.

Thanks to RMP and Dr. Umar for providing their input on this topic.

----

Mine began 1 week after surgery, i am on antibiotics and nitro-ointment , that actually help circulation, its getting better , tell me what your doctor is doing for u, i will post a picture...

Thank s

George

Mr.NK,

Don't worry,you would be alright soon and will certainly have a perfect HT.

Bill,

I believe that input of Dr.Humayun Mohamand explaning the reasons for such occurences would educate our forum members. Specifically, if he explains what are the causes and how such things can be avoided.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr. NK,

Did you have that scar and dent in your recipient area before the HT?

If not and it was caused by the HT I would be asking...no demanding, repair from the Doctor. He said everything was fine the whole time. strange. He should have been taking close care when he saw Necrosis forming. Whenever Ive seen Necrosis it never turns out good. That's serious stuff. I wish you all the best with whatever you decide to do. Good luck.

or year 2010?

I did not like the raised edge of todays picture?

Can you please remind me the history?

HUmayun

---

I am a medical advisor to Lexington International and Hairmax. What ever I say is my personal opinion.

Dr. Mohmand is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

I am still sleeping sitting up since 2-4-13.I did step by step instructions. On day 7 i called and emailed the doctor w pics and concerns on the phone. This surgery was supposed to take 2 days and because of reasons outside my control they had to finish it on day 3, You think i would want numbing on day 3on my beard if i wasn't willing to do everything possible to grow hair, Its not the money , the doctor spent more time talking to lady in my surgery room then his own patient it seemed, You weren't there so please i don't need a comment from someone with there own opinion. I am here to help other hair loss sufferers, Not for u to tell me i didn't clean the wound, BS.

gnx1 regardless of how the necrosis was caused i would expect my surgeon to answer my emails as obviously is a very traumatic event .

its called creating a good patient /doctor relationship.

you seem to infer that the doctor is justified in ignoring the patient because it was his fault . thank god you are not a doctor!!

I had a Bht on feb 4,2013, I didnt have necrotic tissue last year,must be someone else. 1 week after surgery i developed it, i am on antibiotics and nitro -gel which my doctor said it its for heart patients so it bring blood /oxygen to the surface and it seems to have helped,

Edited by Rat Media Productions
mistake

RMP

I saw your pictures they looks nasty. You say you cant state who your doctor was but are you able to say if its a doctor that is recommened or which country that are from.

I hope it turned out well for you and thanks for sharing your story. I think its important to maybe start your own thread rather than use one that mentioned another doctor because people will get confused.

Edited by lorenzo

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

then you didnt keep your wound clean. you allowed bacteria to enter. thats not the doctors fault thats YOUR fault.

How do you know whos fault it is? I have never come across or seen anyone with necrotis in over 12 years from any of the coaltion doctors. This could be a fluke that happened that has nothing to do with the doctors work, but in the same time you cant blame the patient because none of us know why it happened.

RMP

You have hijacked two thread that below to two doctors from India. I understand your concerns with your condition but posters are going to get confused and its not right to blame a doctor that has nothing to do with your transplant. As well you mention the doctor by Dr. U when there is a recommended doctor with the same last name that does beard hair transplant. Why not start your own thread? I understand that you signed papers saying you would be confidential but it this is a recommened doctor I think its important the moderators know this. I dont think any doctor that makes you sign this type of form should be recommended on this site.

This is my opinion.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

Hi apologize , i didnt know i was hijacking anyone site, my apologies and i will start my own thread, i am not blaming the doctor ,am just saying there was mistakes i saw that they weren't being extra careful with.,especially when someone developed necrosis in 2002 which the doctor was aware of it . No blame the doctor didnt put the grafts in , the surgical team i believe are more at blame since they don't probably look at the past of the patient's history.

RMP

Thanks. I was not trying to sound harsh but since you are not able to disclose your doctor its didnt seem right that you mentioned it under other doctors thread. People may get the wrong impression.

When was your transplant? Sorry to hear about your condition. I was first aware of this years ago when a doctors gave a patient two strip surgery one day after the other. All the skin in between died since there was no blood flow. Apparantly the doctor was sued and settled out of court. But I am not sure.

Good luck to you!

i prefer not to state his name at this time , but he is in redondo beach ca,yes he is a doctor that is recommend here. I don't believe it was his fault even though he could have done the procedure himself at the price i paid, i think his surgical assist was careless , since they dont probably look at the chart where i stated to the doctor i had necrotic tissue way back in 2002, Always in a rush to get things done. i believe they don't think about the patient history but rather finish so they can move on to the next person....

this was beard hair to head transplant. 2500 grafts supposedly.he did put me on antibiotics and a medication for the heart the produces blood flow . which i believe is helping the situation. but well see , I have a plastic surgeon on standby if i don't hear from him very soon....

I think we all know who it is. Although it sounds like you have gone through this before and regardless it may have happened again regardless of what doctor did the surgery

i think his surgical assist was careless , since they dont probably look at the chart where i stated to the doctor i had necrotic tissue way back in 2002,

What did he say when you told him you had necrotic tissue in 200?. I am guessing its from a different doctor. The assists represent the doctors whether they are careless or not its the doctor responsible although as I stated it appears its probaly has to do with how you heal and not to do with the doctor or assists. Just curious do you have any pictures of your face to show how it healed?

This is an open forum and regardless of the doctor patients should be allowed to share there stories and doctor should be allowed to answer accordingly. As I stated earlier no doctor in my opinion should be allowed to hide behind of confidentiality agreement that doesnt allow the patient to share his story good or bad. I dont believe any doctor that have this on his forms should be allowed to be recommended on this website. After all this is an open forum.

Just my opinion.

he placed grafts in 2012 in the frontal area which was practically bone from the necrosis, he used nape hair, i have no hair left for a normal fue . he did a good job, but this time it seems like he is so popular that once he takes your money your not a such a priority anymore, i also sued back in 2002 and the doctor didnt have insurance so i had to settle for hardly nothing after lawyers got in. Anyway i just want this fixed asap, I waited 10 years to get the work done properly,

RMP can you telll me how much you paid? Also how is your face healing? There is alot of talk about beard hair so I am sure alot of people would be interested.

Thanks again for sharing your story!

I paid $20,000, for 2500 grafts,procedure was done feb 4, he was supposed to do it in 2 days but something happened and it took 3, my concern is i had to lay on my back and my head and he personally did the last 300 graphs on day 3, i laid for hours and he personally [placed the 300 grafts himself and i asked him since my whole beard was numb to place another 300 so i didnt have to do it again, He refused.his assist was placing grafts on another patient and i dont think he really wanted to do the whole procedure of the 300 grafts, I offered him money to finish and he also refused. I am beside myself , since the injections felt like they were tearing away at my face. You can see pics on my album on my page/.

8 bucks a graft really is outrageous. Goodness. I know some charge more but that is just not a lot of grafts for $25k.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

gnx1 regardless of how the necrosis was caused i would expect my surgeon to answer my emails as obviously is a very traumatic event .

its called creating a good patient /doctor relationship.

you seem to infer that the doctor is justified in ignoring the patient because it was his fault . thank god you are not a doctor!!

yea and there are always TWO sides of a story with the TRUTH lieing somewhere in the middle.....:rolleyes:

How do you know whos fault it is? I have never come across or seen anyone with necrotis in over 12 years from any of the coaltion doctors. This could be a fluke that happened that has nothing to do with the doctors work, but in the same time you cant blame the patient because none of us know why it happened.

how do you know it isnt? this is a one-sided story and never heard it happen to any of his patients in the past nor have I heard it happen to any other patients from any other doctors so id say it was more likely his inability to keep the wound clean.

Spanker first of all congrads on your hair transplant it looks fantastic especially at only 6 months. Regardless how expensive the hair transplant or the technique the doctor is allowed to charge whatever he wishes, its up to potential patients to decide whether they want to pay it ( it was $20k not 25K).

For many years patients that were in deseperate needs and were unable to get FUT thought the only doctor they had was Dr. W who charges I believe $8500 for 600 grafts. Thats $13 a graft but take in mind he did all the work himself and spent all day doing only 600 grafts. As the years pasted other opinions to body hair or FUE became available some doctor were honest and good other doctors were plain awful. What scared me about bear hair is the scaring. I wouldnt want to be one of the few (not sure if any) people that would be left with visable scaring on the beard. I wouldnt want to sacrifice my face in order for a few hairs. Beard hair in my opinion should be used when there is nothing available and perhaps only in the scar. I am not too sure about that yet.

I have more of a problem that this person feels he is unable to say who his doctor is because he signed a confidentiality clause. Although there is two sides to ever story I feel there is no need for this its like holding a patient hostage. Please post great results but you cant post bad ones. I hope the moderators talks to the doctor and find out if this is correct or not. If that the case I hope the doctor changes this or is no longer recommended. How can any potential patient actually do proper research on any doctor when he protects himself from bad results. Nobody will know if the bad cases are a little or alot.

Guys,

Just to clarify, I wanted to state that this is not the same patient who had necrosis in 2010. What's more, this individual is not a patient of Dr. Humayun Mohmand.

Rat Media,

Based upon the information you shared, it is clear who performed the procedure. Because of the shocking nature of the story and photographs, I'm going to contact the doctor and ask that he review the situation and provide a reply.

If there is anything I (or any of the other moderators) can do to help you in the meantime, please don't hesitate to send a private message.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.