Dr. Paul Shapiro – 1 Yr Result – Strip Procedure-2065 Grafts/4024 Hairs

Thanks guys.

Matt at SMG is like an old dog who can't learn new tricks. :)

He normally holds the follow up appointments and does not typically take pics of the donor scar. Donor scars are hard to see and even harder to take pictures of so I'm not sure if he forgets on purpose or if its really a case of the old dog thing. I'll remind him.

I don't know about the "old Dog thing", but I don't always take them....I take a look at them.

When we take photos, which is for the patient's documentation not marketing, they're generally not asking to see it.

When we do take a photo of it, it generally just looks like a part in the hair (which we can provide many examples of), possibly a faint white line in the scalp or some slight disruption in the scalp. If the camera can't detect anything, people may just think the hair is not parted at the scar at all....and are sketical.

When hair is grown out around the scar it is hard to capture....I guess that's the impression most clinics want to convey. I never imply our scars are undectable or invisble. We use a double layer closure usually accompanied by a Tricho closure resulting in a scar that is quite faint. Not allowing one to shave their head, but wear their hair short, usually a 1cm or longer.

If one needs more help, to potentially wear is shorter, one could pursue SMP or FUE into the scar. With both of this rememdies available, few of our patients have requested the need.

Regards,

Thanks, Janna

Patient Educator, Shapiro Medical. Going on 20years with Dr Ron Shapiro......not a regular poster, I leave that to Janna

I don't know about the "old Dog thing

Of course I'm joking..... Matt is not old by any means nor is he a dog but I do like to tease him when given the opportunity :D . Guess that's the cheeky nature in me. One thing I'd say about Matt is that I've never come across anyone who takes his job more seriously and is more passionate about what he does. The term "sales guy" would be a huge insult because he's not about sales at all. Education is his top priority. I think it's one of the first things I learned about him and it still holds true today. All those who have consulted with him can attest to this fact. Having said that, hey Zup, go fetch..... :P

Thanks again everyone for viewing and commenting on our result.

I can certainly second that Matt is not a "sales guy".

I visited with him at SMG last year to discuss a touch-up to my temple corners. He suggested that I wait a couple more years to see where my temples went in terms of loss.

IMHO, he is the best hair educator that I have ever met.

Of course I'm joking..... Matt is not old by any means nor is he a dog but I do like to tease him when given the opportunity :D . Guess that's the cheeky nature in me. One thing I'd say about Matt is that I've never come across anyone who takes his job more seriously and is more passionate about what he does. The term "sales guy" would be a huge insult because he's not about sales at all. Education is his top priority. I think it's one of the first things I learned about him and it still holds true today. All those who have consulted with him can attest to this fact. Having said that, hey Zup, go fetch..... :P

Thanks again everyone for viewing and commenting on our result.

Haha you guys are funny. :D

Matt is definitely not a sales "jerk" trust me i speak from experience...... Plus hes an ultimate frisbee junkee....... hhahahhahahhahahhahahahahaha Matt and Janna you guys r da bomb........

You only live once...

Three cheers for this great result... And three cheers for Zup!!!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

FUNNY and THANKS.....

Arrie, Is that YOU, we have not spoke for years!!!!!

Just to let you know, our ULTIMATE "FRISBEE" TEAM won the Gold Medal at NATIONALS this year!

-That's where Zup and my picture came from.....the Ultimate field.

Patient Educator, Shapiro Medical. Going on 20years with Dr Ron Shapiro......not a regular poster, I leave that to Janna

• 4 months later...

This is a nice result. Its a little more aggressive in terms of hairline placement than usual for SMG IMO considering his age, but conservative in graft usage. I will say that SMG is always super responsible and a very trustworthy clinic. I really like it. The density looks very natural even though that it as decent area covered for 2000 grafts. Nice.

SMG is one of my favorite clinics.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Indeed a great result. Thank you Spanker for digging and finding it. I especially love to see Shapiro results as it reassures me as to why I chose them and also calms my nerves as I wait through the ugly duckling phase.

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily