Good outcome with cheap hair transplant?

has anyone on this forum had a great outcome from a surpringly cheap hair transplant, like let's say $2 a graft or maybe less, i know many will say it's not worth the risk and research is key but i'm just curious if people on this forum have had great results from a doctor who charges substantially less, dr. giannotto is the guy in my area that comes to mind for cheap hair restoration.

Jazz,

There is no rule stating that a cheap hair transplant must be a poor hair transplant. However, from the experiences I've seen shared on the forums, individuals who "price shop" hair restoration procedures often spend more money in the end. I'm not stating that high price equates automatically to high quality, but undergoing one, excellent hair transplant procedure, at normal cost, with a trusted surgeon is often the most cost effective route in the end.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you need any help researching.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Mine was relatively cheap, but not the cheapest. In terms of what i got... i got the best value i think i could have expected as the results are great.

Have a look at my threads on here about my HT journey.

Cheap doesn't have to be poor quality, but i would avoid those that seem far too cheap, as they often mean you are in the hands of trainees or technicians, you want to be in the hands of the proffessionals....which means paying more (but as i found, not too much more)

Regards

Rob

2800 FUE, Istanbul

I agree. My procedure ended up being less than I had expected to pay, but the quality was amazing. Price per graft will vary based on many factors. Once you get down to a super cheap $2/graft or so range, you have to expect that quality will go down and corners will be cut in order for the clinic to just keep its doors open. That is the scary part - what are they cutting back on in order to offer you that price. I personally don't want to find out.

i believe my hair transplant was incredible value for money . im just shy of 12 months and my hairline continues to get thicker and thicker.

i had 1500 grafts to hairline from dr saifi in poland . i paid 2300 pounds for procedure ,i had many consultations in the uk, clinics here were charging at least double that . i did not think the clinics in the uk were up to par so researched abroad. thankfully i found dr saifi and many others on this site have also enjoyed and benefited from his skills.

its important to note price should not be the overriding factor when deciding surgeon but why pay more when there are surgeons out there charging much less and achieving equally good results as some of the more expensive surgeons. i guess there are certain factors that one must look at such as amount of grafts needed, travel involved etc before deciding if hunting out one of these surgeons is indeed going to be value for money.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/166673-5-month-post-pics-dr-saifi-poland.html

just want to make it clear before deciding on surgeon do your research,research ,research and hey if the surgeon you decide to go with based on his previous results is a dam sight less expensive than others then count yourself lucky!!

theres some pics of my 5 month progress on my profile and ill be posting my 12 month pics soon

Edited by dingdong12

• 1 year later...

Many of you have probably seen my before/after results, where I went from NW5A to a nice looking mature hairline with 1 session with Dr. Mohebi. (if you haven't, see my photos, check them out).

I feel that I got a great HT by a top surgeon at a pretty cheap price.. A REAL VALUE!

I went forward with the Standby Option (which is a discount for those with scheduling flexibility) and I got about 35% off! That is insane. I really think Mohebi is one of the top 5 in the industry.. so to get my hair restored (from bald to mature hairline) by one of the best surgeons for about $7,800 (compared to $10,420).. that's major VALUE. (The standby rates do changes and will probably be different than what I got 3 years ago; but it is worth investigating if you are on budget).

If you are intelligent with finances like I am, I am sure you can find other ways to have an affordable transplant wiith a TOP surgeon. I know Parsa's system pretty well so I'll mention some of his other discounts/promotions that if you were to take advantage of, you could come out with this pretty low-cost life-altering procedure with Mohebi.. rather than someone without positive reputation.

• They offer a 10% discount for students who have valid student cards (hey, maybe its time to take that programming class at the local junior college for $40 and get an ID card)
  • They offer discount for groups and for students. If you refer a new patient to the facility, and they schedule a procedure within one month of yours, both you and your friend will receive a 10% discount.
  • No interest financing for up to 18 months with quick approval in the office
  • occasional or seasonal discounts that you can contact the offices of US Hair Restoration for more information on those (from my experience, if you try around November to February, you will get lower $/graft rates... I got the promotional offer to my mailbox during the holidays seasons and was kind of tempted!).
  • travel reimbursement, hotel and taxi reimbursment (which I also took advantage of)

Edited by Paulygon

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.

has anyone on this forum had a great outcome from a surpringly cheap hair transplant, like let's say $2 a graft or maybe less, i know many will say it's not worth the risk and research is key but i'm just curious if people on this forum have had great results from a doctor who charges substantially less, dr. giannotto is the guy in my area that comes to mind for cheap hair restoration.

Jazz,

Don't know how I could have missed this thread. Trust me, I am from the greater Wash DC area just like you and whatever you do, you IMHO want stay away from HRG.

And IMHO whenever you see a graft price that low, a huge bell should go off, a warning bell...

I truly hope you did not have a procedure there...either way, feel free to contact me as I have seen countless cases of HT work in this area and am very familiar with the HT surgeons that perform HTs here.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

I can not speak on how successful my 3000 graft fue HT has been so far because I am only in my 6th day after surgery, but I have to say so far so good. Donor area has healed up really nice, I did not get butchered, doctor and staff were as professional as it gets, aftercare instructions were clear and all items were provided, doc was very honest about my donor area and me not having great amount of grafts(roughly 5000 total) and not wanting to put my hairline where I actually wanted it which is responsible in his part but a bummer for me but I understand; scabs are coming off little by little, and most importantly I predict that by the looks of it by the end of week 2 the HT would look almost undetectable. So far it's all good and I only paid $2,450 for the surgery. Now it's premature to say anything else until about 6-9 months but I am happy so far and before the surgery I already told myself I will want 2 surgeries, regardless of the doc, one with Maral and then another one 2-3 years later with Dr Koray Erdogan, but now I had a change of heart and I don't see why I would not go with Maral Klinik again for my second surgery next year, but let me not jinx anything for myself. I'll keep my fingers crossed that I get good results.

With that said, if you can afford the best or the more known doctors then by all means go ahead, I would if I could but I saw a chance to get a satisfying HT with Maral Klinik for cheap, thanks to real people's results.

thread title sounds like a bad idea, just don't do it!

affordable with solid reputation yes, allowing someone to cut open your head and permanently alter your appearance on a budget no freaking way! you get what you pay for

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

True... man, I remember when I was younger, driving through Tijuana on my way back to San Diego and seeing these cheap billboards for Hair Transplants... they always made me shiver!

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.

• 2 weeks later...

$2 a graft is not so cheap, but 1500-1800 euro for no limit FUE is cheap....