1500 FUE Dr Umar 1 Day Post

fuepatient80

Hair Restoration Social Network - Hair Loss and Transplant Photos

I'm currently 1 day post op of my FUE surgery with Dr. Umar for his recommended 1500 grafts. My goal was to have my hairline filled in and temples lowered a little and filled in. I've had two previous FUE procedures with another DR in the past 4 years totalling around 1700 grafts. I've had no regrets going to the other DR as I did get results. After the 2nd procedure I didn't need to hide my temples as much with hairstyling. But in the end, the hairline just didn't come out as dense as I would have liked so I thought I'd try a different surgeon and went with Dr. Umar. Dr. Umar did mention the growth should have yielded better with 1700 grafts and I'd probably agree, but then again I'm still gratefull for the yield I did get. Both doctors have their differences in how things are run. I won't speak badly of any doctor because I am thankful for the results I did get. I do feel really good about how this last procedure with Dr. Umar will go though. I won't ramble on much more. I do have photos from the other DR's procedures somewhere and I'll probably be able to dig them up eventually since I'm hiding out in Redondo Beach for a few weeks. Once, I find them perhaps it will help someone in deciding between these two doctors. Overall, I did prefer the entire surgery day experience at Dr. Umar's more. Nothing major, but I could explain if anyone likes. Now the waiting again...and I know I don't have horrible baldness (just have a big forehead from birth : ) ) so its easier to keep it out of my mind once healing is over with.

FUEpt,

Congratulations! Thank you for keeping us updated.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

fuepatient80,

Congratulations on your recent FUE with Dr. Umar! The work looks great. Do keep us updated.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

9 Day Post Op 1500 FUE Procedure added to album. Now that the swelling is gone the hairline Dr. Umar created is actually a lot better than I imagined or what I thought it was the first few days. If even 80% of this grows I'll be extremely happy.

I don't exactly know what my preop hairline really looks like since I've never shaven my head. If I end up getting good results I may end up shaving my head more its quite liberating.

With the hair all shaved down though the redness is definitely more noticeable this time around, even with my Asian skin tone. I may have to wear a hat at work for a while.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

6 Month post-op photos added!

I'll be honest, I don't hardly browse the forums anymore. I think like many out there, I've been moving forward with my life. For the first time since probably high school I can actually cut my hair down to 1 inch and actually look normal. I can't say the results are perfect so far, but I am happy with the yield. I was wondering for a while if my right side would ever gain more density, but it's getting there. I may end up dealing with a sparse area dividing my native hair with the transplanted hair, which happens with either shock loss, normal loss, etc.

I'm getting to the point where I'm thinking less and less about how to comb my hair for optimum cover up. And I can actually go swimming and not think about how my wet hair looks.

It's not perfect but I'm happy. My donor area is pretty thinned out, but I can't say I'm all that concerned. I've been keeping it short, but may grow it out more to see how coverage is.

After 2 previous procedures with another doc with poor yield, I have no regrets about choosing Dr Umar for my latest procedure.

I'll update in 9 months, since that's when Dr. Umar's office asks me to update them with photos as well.

fuepatient80,

Congrats! I'm very glad to hear that things are going well for you. Please do keep us posted on future developments.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Hey Fuepatient80

Congrats on your progress so far. Looks like it was a very pleasing result for you....and it's not done growing and maturing yet. You should be happy so far for sure! =) Congrats!

Mike

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

With this procedure you have had a total of 3200 FUE done? Did Dr. Umar say if you had any donor left for any future loss?

We never spoke about it and I never asked. My hair's always been thin so I feel as if there's not enough donor for any future procedures but hopefully by then another option will exist. Now that you remind me it's been 3200 grafts, my gosh the prior yield wasn't good!

fue patientonly can you let us know like does umar user some hairline mask or some shield for hairline. Do you remmeber how he design hairline. did he ask you to go for beard fue to scalp.

Well he asked me to point out in a mirror what I'd like the hairline to be. By the time things were started I was knocked out. That's good stuff they gave me. Made the day just pass by. I just know dr umar was behind extracting grafts cuz a few times I'd wake up and move he'd ask me to not get up. Totally involuntary

fue patientonly can you let us know like does umar user some hairline mask or some shield for hairline. Do you remmeber how he design hairline. did he ask you to go for beard fue to scalp.

Oh and we never spoke about beard to scalp. Guess it wasn't necessary to have that conversation. I need to let everyone know all about the post op months as well soon when I get the chance. Be back soon.

We never spoke about it and I never asked. My hair's always been thin so I feel as if there's not enough donor for any future procedures but hopefully by then another option will exist.

I'd say your in a great position with where you are already between the two procedures. Your hair looks really nice and you're not done growing/maturing yet from your most recent procedure with Dr. Umar. If you stay consistent with the medications, you won't need a third procedure any time (if ever) in the near future. I would also bet with only 3200 grafts harvested from your donor thus far, that you have a decent reserve for a rainy day......

Congrats again buddy! :cool:

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

fue patient80 did u go on standby basis. did u ask dr umar what punch he uses. you were knocked out so that means i can't watch moviw while he is operating

It wasn't on standby. I didn't ask what punch size it was. Yes, unlike my 2 procedures with a previous doc where i was awake and just numbed up, with Dr Umar I was given sedatives. Also, instead of being just propped up and awake for 8-10 hours with the previous doc, you get to completely lay flat down to fall asleep at Dr. Umar's. They just tell you when to flip over. I've got plenty more details to share about everything when I get home, although I probably don't know enough of the technological details some might be wondering about.

thanks for ur reply. You paid regular price instead of stanby wow !

So you were sleep and you don't remember at all if he uses hairline mask or some shield.

I was curious bcz hairline look good.

what about his refunding policy as I read on his site some 25 cents per graft if you provide photo/videos

Did you sign that. How was he in replying I mean before and after surgery

I mean can patient call him on phone or what is the way to communicate.

so one thing is clear as I read about other patient on forum that he gives sedatives and patient lay flat throughout

can you remember if he uses manual punch or motor or you were totally pass out

• 3 weeks later...

Yea I was in and out of sleep, which I am happy about because my 1st 2 surgeries with another doc i was awake the entire time and its a long time to stay still and be coherent. And, I HAD to stay awake so that I could sit still and reclined but upright.

No idea on the hairline mask or shield. never knew that was an option.

Yes, you can get a discount/reimbursement by signing to have your photos available for them to use as necessary. I chose to decline it.

Dr Umar greeted and discussed the process and goals before getting started. At the end of the day, he greeted me before I left also.

I had a few questions post-op so we communicated by email, which I believe was easier for us both.

I was really out during the entire "punch" process, aside from near the end where he made a few last punches when I happened to wake up a bit. Again, I thought manually was the only option.

To add, this 3rd surgery I really wanted it to be my last for a long time. I didn't take into account at all what it would cost or how many maximum grafts he thought I should have. I just went with what dr umar suggested without question.

Go with a doctor that you've decided to be your top choice (or at least in the top 2) and save up to book with that doctor to increase your chances of a positive outcome.