HELP! Desperately seeking for reliable low cost HT in Kolkata

Ephraim

Hi guyz,

I've already had a HT by Dr Manoj Khanna in Kolkata (1500 folicles @ Rs 65000/-) back In the year 2008 which sadly appears to be very artificial and fake grafted thinly in a pattern wise like that of a barbie doll hair (sorry Doc, no offence, you might have been a little less experience at that time or maybe its just me) and I've consulted him again regarding his rate for another 1500 grafts for which he reply that his rate as of now is Rs 70 +12% tax per folicle = Rs 78/folicle approx. (again sorry doc, for revealing your rate) which is relatively high for my budget and besides the my HT carried out by him way back in 2008 doesn't meet my expectation (once again sorry). So I'd really appreciate if any of you guys could suggest a more economical and reliable clinic for HT in Kolkata.

Mixing being desperate, only willing to look in one city and having a tight budget is a recipe for disaster. Although there are some doctor recommended in India I am not sure if you are willing to travel nor do you have the budget to see them.

You are better off researching, saving more money, and being sure of your decision rather than be desperate to find someone.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Mixing being desperate, only willing to look in one city and having a tight budget is a recipe for disaster. Although there are some doctor recommended in India I am not sure if you are willing to travel nor do you have the budget to see them.

You are better off researching, saving more money, and being sure of your decision rather than be desperate to find someone.

This man put it perfectly. Research, save money and be willing to travel!

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Thanks guys, I really appreciate all the replies and discussions. Sure enough, I'm certainly willing to have my HT somewhere else. But guys, (I had been wearing a cap for so long) I'm really running out patience. Will you guys be kind enough to post a website link of a reliable HT clinic (my budget is around 2 lakhs INR and I'd require at most a maximum of 1500 grafts for thickening my forehead)

Ephraim,

Please review our recommended hair restoration physicians.

Additionally, as others have stated, I highly recommend stepping back, taking a deep breath, slowing down, and conducting some quality research and consultations before booking a second procedure.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 2 months later...
Hi guyz,

I've already had a HT by Dr Manoj Khanna in Kolkata (1500 folicles @ Rs 65000/-) back In the year 2008 which sadly appears to be very artificial and fake grafted thinly in a pattern wise like that of a barbie doll hair (sorry Doc, no offence, you might have been a little less experience at that time or maybe its just me) and I've consulted him again regarding his rate for another 1500 grafts for which he reply that his rate as of now is Rs 70 +12% tax per folicle = Rs 78/folicle approx. (again sorry doc, for revealing your rate) which is relatively high for my budget and besides the my HT carried out by him way back in 2008 doesn't meet my expectation (once again sorry). So I'd really appreciate if any of you guys could suggest a more economical and reliable clinic for HT in Kolkata.

With all those who are planning to undergo hair transplant procedure, I would like to share my terrible experience of hair transplant procedure with Dr Manoj Knanna!!!

Hair transplant is a was supposed to be a life changing experience for me but eventually it turned up to be a disaster, it spoilt my look forever, Thanks to Dr Manoj Khanna!!!!

It started when I met Dr Khanna at his clinic and after giving a brief look at my scalp, Dr said I would require around 3000 follicles to restore my hairline which was the major concern for me (and still IS as there were NO RESULTS!!!)

Surgery might be a big day for you but definitely not for Dr Khanna or his team with their unacceptably casual behavior even inside the operational theater having inappropriate conversations between each other. Even basic hygiene regulations were not followed: after having their lunch assistances got back to the procedure wearing the same coats.

Overall, only 20% of the job is done by the doctor himself, rest of the job (including planting of the new hair) was done by his team and I don’t even know if they have any medical qualification.

Post procedure there were no services or follow ups provided by Doctor’s team or clinic and I myself had to approach them on the very next day after the procedure when pain and itchiness on the hairline area where they planted new hair became unbearable. Not just that I didn’t get any results, but it also caused me an infection! There was no proper answer given by the doctor of his team, they have given me some medicine to take during next 4 days and Minoxidil to apply on the scalp. Neither Dr nor his team were concerned about the final result after collecting the payment from me!!!

Now, few months after the procedure my hairline is in the same condition as it was before with NO improvement in hair growth. I don’t know how many follicles have been actually planed but definitely not 3000 what I was charged for!!!

To conclude, I want to say that it’s not the doctor’s status what is going to give you our hair back, but Doctor who HIMSELF would be performing the procedure on you!! I don’t want to say Dr Manoj Khanna is a bad surgeon, but if I opt for Dr Khanna, I want HIM to perform the procedure or at least being present in the OT, but not his unqualified assistants or junior doctors to mess us with my hair!!!

photo1.jpg.0f5507410078c0c3a8d24e761e2b00a1.jpg

With all those who are planning to undergo hair transplant procedure, I would like to share my terrible experience of hair transplant procedure with Dr Manoj Knanna!!!

Hair transplant is a was supposed to be a life changing experience for me but eventually it turned up to be a disaster, it spoilt my look forever, Thanks to Dr Manoj Khanna!!!!

It started when I met Dr Khanna at his clinic and after giving a brief look at my scalp, Dr said I would require around 3000 follicles to restore my hairline which was the major concern for me (and still IS as there were NO RESULTS!!!)

Surgery might be a big day for you but definitely not for Dr Khanna or his team with their unacceptably casual behavior even inside the operational theater having inappropriate conversations between each other. Even basic hygiene regulations were not followed: after having their lunch assistances got back to the procedure wearing the same coats.

Overall, only 20% of the job is done by the doctor himself, rest of the job (including planting of the new hair) was done by his team and I don’t even know if they have any medical qualification.

Post procedure there were no services or follow ups provided by Doctor’s team or clinic and I myself had to approach them on the very next day after the procedure when pain and itchiness on the hairline area where they planted new hair became unbearable. Not just that I didn’t get any results, but it also caused me an infection! There was no proper answer given by the doctor of his team, they have given me some medicine to take during next 4 days and Minoxidil to apply on the scalp. Neither Dr nor his team were concerned about the final result after collecting the payment from me!!!

Now, few months after the procedure my hairline is in the same condition as it was before with NO improvement in hair growth. I don’t know how many follicles have been actually planed but definitely not 3000 what I was charged for!!!

To conclude, I want to say that it’s not the doctor’s status what is going to give you our hair back, but Doctor who HIMSELF would be performing the procedure on you!! I don’t want to say Dr Manoj Khanna is a bad surgeon, but if I opt for Dr Khanna, I want HIM to perform the procedure or at least being present in the OT, but not his unqualified assistants or junior doctors to mess us with my hair!!!

photo1.jpg.e8dd44483956698b37cc9d9f45b065bc.jpg

• 1 year later...

Hi Dear,

As you have mentioned the cost of Dr. manoj Khanna that he is charging too much is right. but if you get to cheap doctors and results are not good then your that money will also get waist. accoding to me select best as this is the permanent process and hairs effect a lot on our personality.

I refer to enhance clinics located in kolkata and really got positive result. think twice and refer to Hair Transplant Clinics Cost in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata | Enhance Clinics for details.

Edited by Admin
Promotional link removed.

• 2 weeks later...

quite sad to hear about u Sharman.Dr Manoj Khanna with all those claims and celebrity support is all over the hoardings in many places even in Mumbai where I'm from.Thats really unprofessional of hime in ur case man.ive been doing a bit of finding here and found Dr Bhatti and Dr Radha in India.Dr ****** is quite famous too but no mention of him on this site yet.Try searching them.Hope u have hair back.

• 8 months later...

Now, few months after the procedure my hairline is in the same condition as it was before with NO improvement in hair growth.

Few people have good results after 'a few months', so wait. Otherwise, your story and others' just confirms the brutal reality. Hair Transplantation attracts the most mercenary doctors, and the most needy and pathetic clients - a marriage made in heaven.

Oh India again ..... I say ..... RUNnn

if ever , its Dr. Radha or Never , all others are Hair Mills with No concern for the patient , they want just your Money :))

As regards to hastening ... yea even the above poster said Dr. Bhatti , yea there are a Few patients on this forum that have reported that He is always Hasting s he does Multiple Procedure ... so please research first ..... in HT ..... Remember :

"Better Late .... Than Never (Results) "

Oh India again ..... I say ..... RUNnn

if ever , its Dr. Radha or Never , all others are Hair Mills with No concern for the patient , they want just your Money :))

As regards to hastening ... yea even the above poster said Dr. Bhatti , yea there are a Few patients on this forum that have reported that He is always Hasting s he does Multiple Procedure ... so please research first ..... in HT ..... Remember :

"Better Late .... Than Never (Results) "

Mikeey,

You are telling this Patient to "RUNnn"......can you please tell everyone "RUNnn WHERE?". He lives in India.....are you are advising him to RUNnn from his country?

You remind me of another user on this Forum that seemed to be obsessed with Dr. Bhatti and would not miss any opportunity to say something negative about him. That user like yourself was not a Dr. Bhatti Patient, knew absolutely nothing about Dr. Bhatti, had no direct connection to any Dr. Bhatti Patient....but still kept on making ridiculous claims WITHOUT backing them up. The "above poster" that you have referred to in your post.....is a Dr. Bhatti Patient. If he says anything about Dr. Bhatti and his Clinic, he has some data/personal experience to back it up. Here is the link to the "above poster" details:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/177038-9-5months-update-dr-bhatti-i-am-happy.html

I have noticed you making veiled attacks on "Clinic Reps that try to SELL without caring for the Patients". That is a pretty serious allegation and you really either need to substantiate your accusations or stop spreading baseless rumors. Speaking for my Clinic, I really don't need to "Sell" to anyone. Our problem (good one to have) is that we don't have dates to give out to our Patients for the next 3.5 months since all the dates are taken. Why should we have to "sell" and to "whom".....We take the welfare of our Patients very seriously and our Patients will vouch for that. Your "Hair Mill" story does not hold any water.

I had confronted you several times and asked you to compile a LIST of "Dr. Bhatti unhappy Patients"......I am still waiting for that List......Use the Search button on this Forum and go through tons of posts by Dr. Bhatti Patients and look for the "unhappy Patients". If you have no data, then I would respectfully request you to refrain from making unfounded and fabricated allegations.

For your information, Indian doctors are respected the world over for their talent. Walk into any good hospital in North America or Europe and see for yourself how many Indian doctors you will find there......time to stop insulting a huge country with immense talent and time to start respecting.

Thank you,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Does Bhatti do the majority of the procedure himself? That seems to be one of this patient's chief complaints.

The photos really don't say much about the procedure. Can't tell much.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Does Bhatti do the majority of the procedure himself? That seems to be one of this patient's chief complaints.

The photos really don't say much about the procedure. Can't tell much.

Hi Spanker,

Here is what Dr. Bhatti does by himself for every single Patient that gets an HT procedure done at his Clinic:

100% counseling.

100% anesthesia administration.

100% graft harvesting.

100% slit making.

On top of that, Dr. Bhatti responds to each and every Patient email (potential Patients included) HIMSELF within 12 hours or less!

His staff (registered nurses, each with 5 plus years of experience in the HT industry) place the harvested grafts into the slits made in the recipient area by Dr. Bhatti.

Dr. Bhatti's Clinic is huge with state of the art operation theatres......4 of them. Dr. Bhatti insists on NOT hiring another HT Surgeon (which would have allowed him to cater to more Patients and make more money) and instead, doing all the procedures himself. That is how particular he is about maintaining the quality of HT work done at his Darling Buds Chandigarh Clinic.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I will be happy to share the information.

Have a Happy New Year 2015!

Thanks,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Hi Spanker,

Here is what Dr. Bhatti does by himself for every single Patient that gets an HT procedure done at his Clinic:

100% counseling.

100% anesthesia administration.

100% graft harvesting.

100% slit making.

On top of that, Dr. Bhatti responds to each and every Patient email (potential Patients included) HIMSELF within 12 hours or less!

His staff (registered nurses, each with 5 plus years of experience in the HT industry) place the harvested grafts into the slits made in the recipient area by Dr. Bhatti.

Dr. Bhatti's Clinic is huge with state of the art operation theatres......4 of them. Dr. Bhatti insists on NOT hiring another HT Surgeon (which would have allowed him to cater to more Patients and make more money) and instead, doing all the procedures himself. That is how particular he is about maintaining the quality of HT work done at his Darling Buds Chandigarh Clinic.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I will be happy to share the information.

Have a Happy New Year 2015!

Thanks,

California

Yet Again ,.... Tall Claims with Little evidence , you say 3 months fully booked ... then you should have a Barrage of Patients Posting Results here .... why do they Hide ?

Oh Yeah , Thank you very Much !

So.... It seems like nobody in this forum had a positive experience with any hair transplant surgeon in Kolkata. Sad...so sad... (Coz I'd already purchased my flight ticket for 11th February a couple of days ago) After reading all these negs.. Its really perplexing. Anyway after surfing the net for several days I've come down to these doctors viz. Dr. Arindam Sarkar (link removed by moderator) Dr. Srinjoy Saha, Dr. Souvik Adhikari and Dr. Maneesh Sonthalia. Can anyone share their experience with these doctors or suggest another reliable doctor in Kolkata?. Please keep it blunt, honest and authentic.

Edited by David - TakingThePlunge
incomplete post

So.... It seems like nobody in this forum had a positive experience with any hair transplant surgeon in Kolkata. Sad...so sad...

Dr Radha (FUT) , every bit worth your Money , India does have a good amount of skilled docs ... the problem is that they are not advertised here so we do not really know who they are ... you are based in India , so it is so easy for you to do some ground Research and make every effort to have a HT with a quality Doc.

But at the same time , its a Un-regulated Market and as all places it is Heavily Marketed by the employee of the Clinics ... the so called Sales Reps !!

Dr. Bhatti removes every donor hair and creates all recipient incisions. He then frequently checks the implant work and makes some small talk. Not much he can do once his main work is done since the technicians are busy implanting the grafts very efficiently and quickly.

I had a procedure almost 4 months ago and I am already seeing good growth so so far, I'm very satisfied. I will make my own thread with pictures was growth has finished but so far so good.