4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal- 11/16/12

agenteye

im 2 weeks behind you and following your case, im soooo looking forward to this shedding phase, NOT!!!

wish you all the best for big growth in 2013, happy holidays dude!!

4510 FUSS Dr Feriduni December 2012

2350 FUSS Dr Feriduni December 2013

HT 1:Total Grafts 4510: Singles 715, Doubles 2123, Triples 1369, Quads 303 ( 10,280 Hairs )

HT 2:Total Grafts 2352: Singles 350, Doubles 1601, Triples 401, ( 4,755 Hairs )

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the feedback and nice wishes everyone! Sorry I've been MIA from the forums for a while......I've been trying to distract myself so as not to be too fixated on my hair! =) It's hard to be certain, but I am pretty sure I've already started to grow some hair at 7 weeks out......I was going to post some current photos, but since I will be taking some next week at the 2 month mark, I will just wait til then. Because I lost a lot of native hair around my transplant as well (must be from the trauma of the surgery)....I look a lot balder than when I started. I decided to shave my entire head.....and it looks SOOO much better than it did when it was growing out. I will continue to rock this look (more obvious donor scar and all) until the transplanted hair begins to grow, and I can grow ALL of my hair out together. So just playing the waiting game, as everyone else who has gone through this has!!!

In answer to your question MTL, I really have no idea where the 4737 grafts went in terms of placement. I had crown and frontal work done in the same procedure, so the grafts were split between the two areas. I know Dr. Rahal was going for a density of 50 up front......so hope that answers your question.

I'll be around to post again soon guys! Happy New Year to everyone here!

Best,

Mike

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello Everyone!

Happy New Year to you all, I hope everyone here had a terrific holiday season. I'm sorry it has been so long since I've posted or updated on here. I really wanted to be more regular with my updates, however there hasn't really been much change since my last post. I think I am seeing a new hair or two sprout up every week....but being as it has only been 11 weeks, there is still some time left before I'm expecting to see any reliable/accurate results on if my transplant took hold well!! The photos below were taken just one day after the 8 week mark of my procedure with Dr. Rahal. Even though that was 3 weeks ago, I was just finally able to upload the photos this morning. Next week will be my 3 month update (12 weeks), and I will take and post photos at that time....as that is the milestone mark to when us "ugly ducklings" can hope to start seeing some more substantial results!! :rolleyes:

Anyway, thanks for checking out my update!! Happy growing to everyone!! :D

Best,

Mike

2 Month Post-Op Photos

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Haha! Well, I think the scar is totally doable to cover now, but because the little hair that's starting to grow on top of my head is so fine and thin still, I think it looks funny to have my hair look so long and sparse on top. It makes me look really bald, and truthfully, I'd rather just have an ugly scar and keep the buzzed look for right now!! Besides, I've come up with some pretty interesting stories to tell people how I "got my scar". Haha

I'm thinking I'm going to go one more cycle.....buzz my hair one more time......and then let it start growing out to my full length. By this point, I should be near 4 months....and I think it will look a lot less obvious that I have this funky looking hair growing in next to my native hair, as the transplanted hair will start thickening and maturing a bit more by then! I am very excited to see some progress......and now like everyone else who's gone through this, am just playing the waiting game here.....

One comment in your write up was interesting--how quickly Dr. Rahal removed the strip and stitched you up. I have heard that as well from other related Rahal discussions. However, I always remember Joe from H&W talking about how SLOWLY they remove the strip, especially on virgin scalps (sometimes taking more than 1 hr), not only to minimize transection rates but it can actually affect future capacity to maximize grafts from strip, healing, "regional" tension factors (his quote, which I assume to mean they alter strip size depending on the part of the scalp), etc. etc.. I am wondering about this issue a lot lately.

Hasson and Wong are probably the pinnacle of excellent FUT closure. I'm sure Jotronic has not fully disclosed all the closure techniques but even from what he has divulged, it is leaps and bounds above many other Doctor's techniques. Hence why we rarely see stretched H&W FUT scars. Alot of Doctors do not measure the tension as they excise the scar and alter the path/width accordingly. They merely follow the template they drew on and stitch it up. I'm partial to FUE but I have to say, Hasson and Wong have donor closure down to an art. Do all their scars stay 1mm? No, but the chances of stretching are much slimmer(pun intended) with them.

On topic, the work looks great, you will be a totally different person visually in 8-10 months!

agenteye-

I'd say go ahead and shave down again and in a month you'll be at your four month mark and the hair will be on their march towards filling your head out.

You got a great number of grafts and I look forward to tracking your progress.

Patience is the key right now and it sounds like you are enjoying the story telling about the scar...so the next couple of months will fly by and you will see true progress then!

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Mike,

Nice update mate! Your well on your way now and the worst is most definitely over. The 2 month stage for me, was by far the worst. Still nowhere near your pre op situation and with a scar to boot. Hopefully in the not too distant future, the appearance of a few new hairs will be there. Good times are ahead. Im excited for you! :-)

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Agenteye one question

I saw your pics after 2 month, how do you cover the scar? U use toppik or something else? Or do u leave the scar free?

Thnks

Alex

Imagination is more important than knowledge

1mg Propecia

Rogaine Foam

MSM complex

Multivitaminics

Omega3

Thanks Everyone for the nice words and wishes!!! :D

Alexiodg- In answer to your question buddy.....I'm not using dermatch or toppik for my head. I have only been wearing a ball cap to cover the scar. I just buzzed my hair down for the last time earlier this week now, and plan to just let it grow from here on out. I have a feeling my scar will be covered in the next week or two.....and then I'd feel comfortable with not even wearing hats at all! :cool:

Agenteye,

Just saw your 3 months album. With theshaved head, scar, tats, you look like a dude I would not want to mess with!!! (I mean this in a good way.) Well done on creating some very specific photo albums and good documentation--definately among the best efforts on the site.

I was just curious--sorry ifyou wrote this elswhere--what was Dr. Rahal's graft placement strategy in the crown? How many?

Hahaha....Thanks Davis!!! I'm a big lover....not a fighter....but I appreciate the compliment all the same! There is definitely graft work done in the crown as well as in the front of my head.....I had a total of 4737 grafts, but I don't know what percentage of those went in the crown and which went in my frontal part....as crown work usually sucks up more of the grafts, so probably took a decent amount of the grafts!! =) Feel free to look at my original write-up and posts, as there are some photos of my head right after surgery. It will help give you a better idea of where I started, and where I am today!

Well guys.....I made it to the 3 month mark, finally!! I am happy to say that I am seeing some early growth, and things are filling in as they should be for this stage of the game. I just buzzed my head down for the last time on Tuesday.......using a set of clippers and a 1-guard. It was as short as I could get it without actually shaving my head. Now (going forward)....I am just going to let it grow, to give me an idea of what it will look like longer. I'm looking forward to not having to cover my scar with a hat anymore! :cool:

Meanwhile.....I continue to take my Finateride, and use my Rogaine foam twice daily!! I also continue to take all of the vitamins and supplements that are listed in my signature. It is really crazy to me to see the changes in just the last month. My family is shocked/amazed that the hair that has started growing in looks so "natural". I have to remind them that it is natural, because it is my own hair!! There are so many people who still have the idea that hair transplants look "pluggy"....a thing of the past! So when they see my head and the ultra-clean, natural results that I have gotten thus far......well, it is definitely awesome to see the "shocked" look on everyone's face!! And people definitely notice "something diffferent" about me!! :D:cool:

This has undoubtedly been one of the best decisions I've ever made....and I'm not even done growing yet. I feel like a new person in general....so for anyone considering having a transplant (if you are on the fence); I say GO FOR IT!! Do your research of course....but it really can make you feel like you have some of your youth/good-looks/confidence back!!!

Below are photos taken exactly 90 days after my procedure. It has been the longest 3 months of my life, but it has absolutely been worth the wait. I keep hearing good things about what the next 2 months have in store for growth, so I am looking forward to seeing how my hair changes between now and then. As always, if you have any questions or comments for me at all, please reach out! Hope everyone is having a terrific weekend :D

Best,

Mike

3 Month Post-Op Photos- Folder 1

3 Month Post-Op Photos- Folder 2

I just booked my flights to Ottawa this evening. I had that feeling of apprehension that comes with knowing there's no turning back now (well, not without significant cost) so thought I'd come on here hoping to make myself feel better about it all and I have to say seeing where you are at just 3 months mike is a huge comfort. The next six months are going to be awesome for you buddy.

Slickers! Wow, thanks so much for the nice words buddy!! :-). Congrats on your upcoming procedure with Dr. Rahal. The staff and the experience there were great....you're in excellent hands! Keep me posted on everything buddy. I'm looking forward to tracking your progress :-)

Thanks buddy!! I sure hope so