Any questions to Milena Lardi?

1) Do patients ever experience shock loss after a SMP treatment?

2) Do patients ever have negative skin reactions (redness, itchiness, psoriasis, etc.) to the ink?

3) How does the ink stand up to harsh over-head lighting?

Thanks for doing this azazelgs! Hope it's a worthwhile trip for you. :cool:

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

heres a question..

does her techniquw change for shorter or longer hair? Once you get the smp can you go from a short hair style to longer or vice versa? ( are stroke lengths the same or differ basically )

good luck on the trip!

Good questions! Look forward to the update.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Az,

I would like to know Milena's take (or even if she would be willing to answer) on color and color choice. I imagine it isn't too much a trade secret, just a broad and simple enough question that goes something like,

# Do you use tones or just black and why?

#If the procedure was not a temporary, would that answer be the same?

heres a question..

does her techniquw change for shorter or longer hair? Once you get the smp can you go from a short hair style to longer or vice versa? ( are stroke lengths the same or differ basically )

good luck on the trip!

Great question - I'm also wondering this myself! Basically I want to know if I can go from a grade #1 shave (hair is short and looks almost greyish) to growing it out several inches (and hair looks dark brown). Does this SMP procedure give flexibility to alternate between shaved and grown-out hair?

I have longish hair and Milena used the same technique on me that she did on a guy with buzzed hair. There is no variation in size. She is basically mimicking how a hair follicle would look buzzed tight. So, you can go from long to short hair no problem.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Hairthere, I am going to ask this question to Milena but i want to ask it to you also.

I just shaved my head to 0.1 mm yesterday and while i was looking at my frontal zone, I noticed that my follicle "size" is much more bigger than dots that Milena applies. Is there only one specific tool that she uses or does this also depend on patients hair characteristic?

Milena was at Shapiro Medical for 4 days. The size of the SMP needle she uses are all the same.

You can have a FUE procedure a month after the SMP treatment.

Az,

I would like to know Milena's take (or even if she would be willing to answer) on color and color choice. I imagine it isn't too much a trade secret, just a broad and simple enough question that goes something like,

# Do you use tones or just black and why?

#If the procedure was not a temporary, would that answer be the same?

All the permanent inks are some shade of black ink. Hers are temporary inks that are mixtures of 4 colors. The main color (universal) seemed to be dark brown that she said she uses the most. Her technique isn't just the color of the ink that's different from the permanent inks. The depth and how the inks are made are different so you don't run the risk of the color changing blue/green. The drawback is that you have to get a yearly maintenance but for those who apply Dermatch or toppiks every day, it's a worthwhile trade off.

1)All the permanent inks are some shade of black ink.

2)Hers are temporary inks that are mixtures of 4 colors. Her technique isn't just the color of the ink that's different from the permanent inks.

The depth and how the inks are made are different

3) so you don't run the risk of the color changing blue/green.

Jenna,

Thanks for taking the time to address my questions. I hope you don't mind that I separated them into point form in the excerpts above.

1) I don't agree that all permanents are black. Here this company is clearly flogging different shades for permanent pigmenation. Hair Simulation and Micro Pigmentation Products

2) That's interesting. So that fit there runs straight in the face o f what people like Weston at AC say about ink,that different tones fade at different rates. Perhaps being so close to the surface of the skin, the fade ensures that it. Is a nonissue

3) I don't see how a "special technique" can stop any of those color issues other than a shallow depth, but what do I know.

Great input. thanks again Janna.

I hope more people ask questions. No doubt Milena is now bigger than Madonna , at least in the SMP world.

Best of luck Azaz. I think you'll like your treatment and will find Milena to be honest and straight forward.

Scar 5,

We'll present as much info as we can on the temporary SMP soon. There is a difference with the depth of the needles but, more importantly, how the ink is processed to not "run" or "bleed" or turn a different color than the original intent. We had 4 days with Milena with 2 of the days being straight lectures/educational days. What I can say is that we were all impressed with Milena and her passion to make sure her technique is done right. She'll be coming back to our clinic to oversee a week of treatments in January.

Sad, my answer above basically answers yours that we'll be offering the temp SMP shortly. What we like about Milena's temporary ink is that they won't bleed or encounter the risk of turning blue. The temp ink will also totally fade in about 2 years so you're not committed to it

Scar 5, ...more importantly, how the ink is processed to not "run" or "bleed" ... we were all impressed with Milena and her passion....... Milena's temporary ink.......won't bleed or encounter the risk of turning blue.

Janna,

Thanks again. You don't deserve this at all, but me being me..

1). "the ink is processed"........

This is the logic we buy by? I don't believe it!!!! and I want to know anyone who can prove it...and what it actually means!!, I "demand" an answer from our new member. Calling the new rep from Good Look Ink!!!! immediately!

Please translate...... "the ink was processed to not bleed?" does that concur with you?

Mr. Weston at AConcepts. What do you think?

Punters, SMP buyers! What do U think? The ink was processed not to bleed? What does that mean? Are you ready to ask? Dr Diep!! Dr Bisanga! Ink wont bleed? Trusty members.

I am ready to believe Milenas work is good based on the excellent reputation of those endorsing her, but I will never succeed in restoring some pride at this rate.

And now my silly rant is over, hopefully to state a point...and I know it is only a grain of sand on a big beach!

Janna,

That is great that you are offering it in January. All I can say is what many others have--be reasonable on setting the price, especially for just scars.

I agree with you on the prices currently offered. Dr. Shapiro also agrees that it's high and I believe our prices will be more reasonable.

Scar 5,

I understand your concerns, and to be honest, I've wrote just a short reply because I'm away from our clinic for couple of weeks. I will certainly follow up with more info as I said in my previous post when I'm back at the office. | don't expect you or others to buy into what I say. I'm not "selling" the treatment but will pass on our honest feedback on why we like the temporary smp treatment from Milena's Bella Medical.

Scar 5,

I understand your concerns, and to be honest, I've wrote just a short reply because I'm away from our clinic for couple of weeks. .

OK thanks. The ink " being processed " is something that sounds terribly suspicious to me, and it has always been my understanding that the anatomy, not the ink, that is the deal breaker when it comes to bleeding. But if there is a reason to believe Milenas does process the ink, then everyone would do it and more so, it would work in a permanant

That the ink disappears before the bleeding becomes comes obvious is probably the reason it works.

OK thanks. The ink " being processed " is something that sounds terribly suspicious to me, and it has always been my understanding that the anatomy, not the ink, that is the deal breaker when it comes to bleeding. But if there is a reason to believe Milenas does process the ink, then everyone would do it and more so, it would work in a permanant

That the ink disappears before the bleeding becomes comes obvious is probably the reason it works.

The type of ink plus the depth of the needle that carries the ink are big determining factors in whether the ink bleeds in the skin. I asked Milena point blank if she had any cases that bled and she emphatically said no, none in the 4 years she's been doing this technique. I happen to believe her. The main risks with the permanent inks are: change in color of dye (to blue/green), bleeding of color, change in hair color in the future. These risks are eliminated in the temporary dye. My understanding in Milena's temp ink is that it gets absorbed into the body because the color particles are processed smaller and are absorable than the particles of the permanent ink. The permanent particles are too big for the body to absorb, thus making it permanent. Both inks fade of course but the temporary ink fades altogether, usually by 24 months.

Anybodyknowsme,

The ideal type of scars for the smp (temp or perm) are the flat, white scars. The raised scars will remain raised whether there is ink in it or not. The inverted scars will make the ink bleed so they shouldn't be pigmented.

My understanding in Milena's temp ink is that it gets absorbed into the body because the color particles are processed smaller and are absorable than the particles of the permanent ink. The permanent particles are too big for the body to absorb, thus making it permanent.

OK thanks for that Janna.

You are right about the size playing a part. I know nothing about it other than the size thing and here I understand that laser blasts the ink globules into smaller blobs, that can migrate out to the epidermis from the dermis and thence out through the lymphatic system. I really know squat about it, but I did read today about Freedom2 ink, or Infinitink - there is even a link on Rassman's site about it. This stuff was developed at Havard/MIT and is basically engineered to be permanent and yet easily blasted out if the laser is set to a certain parameter. Perhaps everyone knows but me! This stuff came out in 2008/2009 and is a complete game changer - or should be - regarding scalp ink. At least that what it seems it should be. Furthermore, it should make temporary tattoos redundant for scalp long term solutions.

I keep wondering whether we would just be better off buying a gun, some ink and doing it ourselves every now and then. There's a trillion bucks for the first weekend course provider for the taking.