Compare three surgeons

Dublin

Likewise Spex, you are being paid by surgeons to keep pushing people into having old FUT surgery so are going to promote it ;-)

We'll have to agree to disagree on the FUT/FUE point

Again, likewise regarding you also making inaccurate statements regarding FUE.

You can agree to disagree but you can do so without making false statements and ones that are also disparaging to Spex.

I was Dr. Feller's only patient in the day I saw him, he had some consultations after me but I doubt there was anyone else going for a HT at gone 2pm.

I had FUT. My scar has given me no problems and the people I show are amazed at how much it's improved in just 3 months. It takes ages to find in my hair and has faded considerably.

Ah, that dreaded FUT. That money grabbing Dr. Feller. (who happened to talk me out of PAYING for extra grafts in the crown due to my age).

I don't care to wade into the FUE/FUT debate, or which doctor you should go to. All I can do is speak of my positive experience of Dr. Feller and FUT. I also found the travelling to be fun, airport was a breeze and it wasn't that much extra for the flights and hotel. I only say this because anyone reading this thread may be put off by going to the US from abroad and I thought I'd say how much I enjoyed it.

Btw what has Spex said that was inaccurate regarding FUE? All he has said is that Dr. Feller wouldn't do 3500 FUE and that there have been examples of megasessions producing a lower yield. Where are the inaccuracies?

You, on the other hand, have said Dr. F only does FUT for the money and that he does 2-3 sugergies a day. And that Spex is here for a payday. Infact you said he pushes people into doing things. That's quite inaccurate and also damaging to his character.

You're a charmer :rolleyes:

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Doctor can guarantee a 1mm strip scar. Not Feller, not H&W, not Rahal, NO ONE. I would gladly take the chance at a 15% less yield from FUE over a chance of a stretched scar from FUT. I have only seen 2 causes where patients have complained that FUE scarring has affected them greatly(they complained about not being able to shave down less than a grade 2), stretched FUT scars are much more prominent and debilitating. Look at what some people have to go through just to camouflage their stretched FUT scars. Multiple revisions, FUE into the scar, body hair into the scar, Acell, SMP etc etc.

Want to see successful FUE megasessions? Look up Dr. Lorenzo's work on Youtube. You will see many, many FUE sessions over 3,000 grafts that have yielded successfully. I'm not saying all his results are successful, but FUE megasessions can be successful.

Sorry guys, but I really must have my say here. Obviously things have gotten somewhat heated.

Rob (s2thoudriver), you are so out of order here. Primarily, let me genuinely say a huge congratulations to you for your amazing results from your FUE session in Turkey. I've visited your personal website, and the results speak for themselves. Your write up is great, your experience in Instanbul obviously very positive, which I am actually very interested in, and the added bonus of the price that your paid for your FUE session size.

But you have no right, and are completely misguided to post many of the comments that you do/have. Just because FUE proved right for you, it is not the right way for each and every patient to go. You took somewhat of a risk going to an "unknown" Dr in Turkey whose website is only in Turkish, and you were "introduced" by a local person. I'm honestly so happy that this paid off for you. But it would not be the right journey for others. Many are far less secure than yourself, and in no way prepared to take that kind of a "risk". FUE for me for example, losing my hair since 17, and now as a 28 year old with no hairline and loss in the crown, would not even be a consideration, because that would be a mistake for me. For several reasons. Some commonly discussed, debated and understood on here, and many solely my own. You have often mentioned how you feel that Doctors are performing strip surgery as opposed to FUE because it is "easier". Less time consuming, less risk, less skilled(?), and without the necessity of the "extra" technicians, therefore more financially attractive. You are so obviously mistaken, and anybody with any understanding of the hair restoration world, and the such good and honest people involved can see this. Obviously, you are more than welcome to your opinion, and I personally think that it is great that you are an "ambassador" of FUE. But as much as you made your decisions and choice of Dr for your reasons, you must allow others to follow their own paths. Journeys that bring confidence to them in their decisions in a potentially extremely difficult time.

The motivation for this post, was not even this thread. I actually laughed at your prosperous and insanely rude comments aimed at Spex and thought that this thread was just getting a little hot. Then I read a different thread regarding a 41 year old guy, with minimal loss, feeling depressed. Does that ring a bell? Your initial comments were actually somewhat helpful, despite the fact that you again only sold the FUE option, to somebody whose situation you knew, as well as you know mine (not at all). Then as that post progressed, with several members recommended getting in touch with Spex, due to his British location, which the guy proceeded to do. Then, after his communication with Spex, came the most positive post that he had submitted, showing excitement and genuine happiness regarding an FUT session that he had booked with Dr Feller, in which your response was so ridiculously negative, totally damning the FUT method, and possibly his hopes along with it. That was so inappropriate. Not to mention hugely disappointing. You seem to be a decent and intelligent guy and for those reasons, I'm really struggling to understand your tunnel visioned closed attitude and lack of support for people experiencing the harsh reality of hairloss, such as you have.

My motivation for this post, does not include an attempt to "stick up" or defend Spex. I'm sure that he is more than capable of doing that all by himself, but I doubt that he even feels that it is remotely necessary, due to the amount of people that he has personally helped without self gain (me included, who underwent a HT with Dr. Rahal by the way, not Feller), and the amount of time and knowledge that he gives to this and other forums and their members.

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Sorry guys, but I really must have my say here. Obviously things have gotten somewhat heated.

Rob (s2thoudriver), you are so out of order here. Primarily, let me genuinely say a huge congratulations to you for your amazing results from your FUE session in Turkey. I've visited your personal website, and the results speak for themselves. Your write up is great, your experience in Instanbul obviously very positive, which I am actually very interested in, and the added bonus of the price that your paid for your FUE session size.

But you have no right, and are completely misguided to post many of the comments that you do/have. Just because FUE proved right for you, it is not the right way for each and every patient to go. You took somewhat of a risk going to an "unknown" Dr in Turkey whose website is only in Turkish, and you were "introduced" by a local person. I'm honestly so happy that this paid off for you. But it would not be the right journey for others. Many are far less secure than yourself, and in no way prepared to take that kind of a "risk". FUE for me for example, losing my hair since 17, and now as a 28 year old with no hairline and loss in the crown, would not even be a consideration, because that would be a mistake for me. For several reasons. Some commonly discussed, debated and understood on here, and many solely my own. You have often mentioned how you feel that Doctors are performing strip surgery as opposed to FUE because it is "easier". Less time consuming, less risk, less skilled(?), and without the necessity of the "extra" technicians, therefore more financially attractive. You are so obviously mistaken, and anybody with any understanding of the hair restoration world, and the such good and honest people involved can see this. Obviously, you are more than welcome to your opinion, and I personally think that it is great that you are an "ambassador" of FUE. But as much as you made your decisions and choice of Dr for your reasons, you must allow others to follow their own paths. Journeys that bring confidence to them in their decisions in a potentially extremely difficult time.

The motivation for this post, was not even this thread. I actually laughed at your prosperous and insanely rude comments aimed at Spex and thought that this thread was just getting a little hot. Then I read a different thread regarding a 41 year old guy, with minimal loss, feeling depressed. Does that ring a bell? Your initial comments were actually somewhat helpful, despite the fact that you again only sold the FUE option, to somebody whose situation you knew, as well as you know mine (not at all). Then as that post progressed, with several members recommended getting in touch with Spex, due to his British location, which the guy proceeded to do. Then, after his communication with Spex, came the most positive post that he had submitted, showing excitement and genuine happiness regarding an FUT session that he had booked with Dr Feller, in which your response was so ridiculously negative, totally damning the FUT method, and possibly his hopes along with it. That was so inappropriate. Not to mention hugely disappointing. You seem to be a decent and intelligent guy and for those reasons, I'm really struggling to understand your tunnel visioned closed attitude and lack of support for people experiencing the harsh reality of hairloss, such as you have.

My motivation for this post, does not include an attempt to "stick up" or defend Spex. I'm sure that he is more than capable of doing that all by himself, but I doubt that he even feels that it is remotely necessary, due to the amount of people that he has personally helped without self gain (me included, who underwent a HT with Dr. Rahal by the way, not Feller), and the amount of time and knowledge that he gives to this and other forums and their members.

If someone is 41 and has minimal loss, why would he go through FUT instead of FUE? FUT is more invasive and more complications can arise like the scar stretching, permanent numbness and tingling etc.

You miss my point. If FUE is right for that particular patient, then so be it and I respect that. If he researches and feels FUT is right for him, then so be it and I respect that. But it brings nothing positive to the table, to absolutely insult that guys decision to take the FUT route, just because you only support FUE. Everybody is open to their own opinion, any every opinion and decision posted here, is done so to receive feedback, therefore those opinions and decisions become open for debate and discussion, which is great. But a debate must be conducted in an open minded way. Not in complete disagreance and lack of respect for that persons decision, which in itself can bring even more insecurities to that persons already insanely difficult decision. By all means, explain your thoughts on the pros and cons of his decision in your opinion, but when the patient has done his research, sought professional feedback, and contacted a very respected member of the community for advice, and ultimately chosen one of the best Doctors out there, that in itself must be respected. In my opinion :-)

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

You miss my point. If FUE is right for that particular patient, then so be it and I respect that. If he researches and feels FUT is right for him, then so be it and I respect that. But it brings nothing positive to the table, to absolutely insult that guys decision to take the FUT route, just because you only support FUE. Everybody is open to their own opinion, any every opinion and decision posted here, is done so to receive feedback, therefore those opinions and decisions become open for debate and discussion, which is great. But a debate must be conducted in an open minded way. Not in complete disagreance and lack of respect for that persons decision, which in itself can bring even more insecurities to that persons already insanely difficult decision. By all means, explain your thoughts on the pros and cons of his decision in your opinion, but when the patient has done his research, sought professional feedback, and contacted a very respected member of the community for advice, and ultimately chosen one of the best Doctors out there, that in itself must be respected. In my opinion :-)

Fair enough man. I'm just jaded because I have been burnt by the FUT side of the industry.. I don't want anyone to feel the way I do. It absolutely sucks man.

I got burnt by both procedures Mickey.

Feller repaired me by removing my poor strip scar and made a new one which is really good. I have a fue scar on the left hand side of my head still that is more noticeable shaved down to a short grade than my new strip scar is.

Hope Rob answers the questions.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

I got burnt by both procedures Mickey.

Feller repaired me by removing my poor strip scar and made a new one which is really good. I have a fue scar on the left hand side of my head still that is more noticeable shaved down to a short grade than my new strip scar is.

Hope Rob answers the questions.

I know champ. Believe me, I would trade my scar for 2,000 FUE scars any day of the week man...

Hi Dublin

Having read through the various comments I'm not sure how helpful the forum has been for you.

My personal journey was interesting and I made a few mistakes along the way including booking a surgeon in the UK without doing the research, it cost me ?500 when I cancelled.

Like you I used this forum and others to assist me in my decision but ultimately it was my decision.

I found Spex to be extremely honest and frank with me and I ultimately choose Dr Feller as I was confident from what I learned he was my best option.

I went for strip as I felt this would give me the highest number of grafts and given I was Norwood 5 I needed them.My treatment was on the 10th of August this year and can say that my scar is almost invisible backing up what I had learned on Dr Feller in relation to his work.

It's early days for me in terms of growth but the signs are good I now have new shoots coming through.

Good luck in making your decision and remember to play the long game, any inconvenience in travel is nothing when compared to the next 30years or so !

PS I am 48.

Edited by GlasgoIrish67
Typo

Just found this on youtube.

Is it just me or does that look like a sales video?

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Slickers,

Rob has heavily promoted this clinic online and the video explains a great deal in my honest opinion.

I have never heard of it anywhere and I have read ALL the forums over the past 2 years.

Something stuck out in my mind from watching the weekly show of another major forum recently where the owner stated and I quote," If you think you can go to Turkey, get a cheap transplant, and think all your problems will be sorted-You are mad!"

It explains a lot in terms of his involvement possibly with the clinic and the way he spreads false information about other clinics and avoids direct questions.

I do not think it is morally right to sell a 'mickymouse clinic' to new patients, as on a personal level, I have been a victim of this....twice and I had to stop my sister's boyfriend being conned into 4000 fue session, when he was not even a candidate for a hair transplant!!

It will resonate with anyone who has had this happen to them.

Edited by chrisdav

You must be kidding Dublin. Dr. Feller is way up higher than both other mentioned doctors. Actually Dr. Feller is among the top 5 surgeons in my list. Go Feller Buddy.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Chrisdav i dont think rob is employed by any clinic champ. He is just supportive of them because of his stellar result much like your result and support for Feller. Rob has been nothing but supportive in my private comversations with him and never pushed Dr Eser on me at any time.

Slickers,

Rob has heavily promoted this clinic online and the video explains a great deal in my honest opinion.

I have never heard of it anywhere and I have read ALL the forums over the past 2 years.

Something stuck out in my mind from watching the weekly show of another major forum recently where the owner stated and I quote," If you think you can go to Turkey, get a cheap transplant, and think all your problems will be sorted-You are mad!"

It explains a lot in terms of his involvement possibly with the clinic and the way he spreads false information about other clinics and avoids direct questions.

I do not think it is morally right to sell a 'mickymouse clinic' to new patients, as on a personal level, I have been a victim of this....twice and I had to stop my sister's boyfriend being conned into 4000 fue session, when he was not even a candidate for a hair transplant!!

It will resonate with anyone who has had this happen to them.

Chrisdav, it was only within the last year that I heard of Konior and I've been around the forums on and off for 7 years. Doesn't make his a 'mickeymouse clinic', couldn't be further from the truth in fact in Konior's case.

Rob makes some good points, particularly when he says do not take this community as an exhaustive list of the best surgeons/ clinics out there. We know that there are many top quality surgeons out there that for one reason or another are not recommended on here, Lorenzo, Keser, Bisanga to name but a few. I should also point out that there are some recommended clinics on here that quite frankly I'd rather give myself a HT than let them touch my head.

Whether Rob's clinic is an excellent clinic or not remains to be seen, the jury's still out. But I don't think a 'marketing video' should immediately invoke suspicion and an aspersion that they must be some kind of hair mill. If anything it's a useful insight into their procedure and in Rob's case they've certainly shown themselves capable of performing an excellent HT. Whether or not they do this consistently who knows but let's see more I say.

He has however come out with some nonsense too I agree. His comments about Spex pushing FUT for personal reasons are over zealous at best, insulting and retarded at worst. And inferring that FUT is an outdated, archaic surgery is woefully naive and he should be rightly picked up on it. I listened to this nonsense back in 2007 when I went to Armani and the rest as they say is history.

But I'm not sure his enthusiasm for his result, the fact that he got it at a good price amount to him trying to convince everyone that all their problems will be sorted by FUE and a visit to Turkey.

Chrisdav, it was only within the last year that I heard of Konior and I've been around the forums on and off for 7 years. Doesn't make his a 'mickeymouse clinic', couldn't be further from the truth in fact in Konior's case.

Rob makes some good points, particularly when he says do not take this community as an exhaustive list of the best surgeons/ clinics out there. We know that there are many top quality surgeons out there that for one reason or another are not recommended on here, Lorenzo, Keser, Bisanga to name but a few. I should also point out that there are some recommended clinics on here that quite frankly I'd rather give myself a HT than let them touch my head.

Whether Rob's clinic is an excellent clinic or not remains to be seen, the jury's still out. But I don't think a 'marketing video' should immediately invoke suspicion and an aspersion that they must be some kind of hair mill. If anything it's a useful insight into their procedure and in Rob's case they've certainly shown themselves capable of performing an excellent HT. Whether or not they do this consistently who knows but let's see more I say.

He has however come out with some nonsense too I agree. His comments about Spex pushing FUT for personal reasons are over zealous at best, insulting and retarded at worst. And inferring that FUT is an outdated, archaic surgery is woefully naive and he should be rightly picked up on it. I listened to this nonsense back in 2007 when I went to Armani and the rest as they say is history.

But I'm not sure his enthusiasm for his result, the fact that he got it at a good price amount to him trying to convince everyone that all their problems will be sorted by FUE and a visit to Turkey.

I agree with you on most points, however, saying FUT is outdated and archaic is not naive at all. In fact, to many on this forum and outside this forum, it is seen as a thing of the past. You bring up Armani, a VERY bad example of FUE. Also since 2007 the technique has been improved significantly. FUT is only advantageous now when it comes to price, big sessions and yield, although the yield discrepancy has been overblown and exaggerated.

With FUE you don't get any of the potential FUT drawbacks like scar stretching, nerve damage, permanent numbness etc. FUE also allows for cherry picking to select only the strongest hair and the scarring is not as evident as FUT. If all factors being equal, you will be able to shave down much closer with FUE than with FUT, no comparison. You can shave down to a grade 2 easily with FUE, the same cannot be said about FUT. Some people don't care for this but alot do. Some can shave down to a grade 1 if not too many grafts are extracted but I say grade 2 to be safe.

I have noticed that Spex does seem to downplay FUE alot. I'm not saying he pushes people onto FUT, but in alot of cases he draws a big question mark("FUE will leave you wanting") over FUE even though many people here and elsewhere have had great success with FUE. Just my opinion on the whole thing.

I agree with you on most points, however, saying FUT is outdated and archaic is not naive at all. In fact, to many on this forum and outside this forum, it is seen as a thing of the past. You bring up Armani, a VERY bad example of FUE. Also since 2007 the technique has been improved significantly. FUT is only advantageous now when it comes to price, big sessions and yield, although the yield discrepancy has been overblown and exaggerated.

With FUE you don't get any of the potential FUT drawbacks like scar stretching, nerve damage, permanent numbness etc. FUE also allows for cherry picking to select only the strongest hair and the scarring is not as evident as FUT. If all factors being equal, you will be able to shave down much closer with FUE than with FUT, no comparison. You can shave down to a grade 2 easily with FUE, the same cannot be said about FUT. Some people don't care for this but alot do. Some can shave down to a grade 1 if not too many grafts are extracted but I say grade 2 to be safe.

I have noticed that Spex does seem to downplay FUE alot. I'm not saying he pushes people onto FUT, but in alot of cases he draws a big question mark("FUE will leave you wanting") over FUE even though many people here and elsewhere have had great success with FUE. Just my opinion on the whole thing.

Mickey, Armani may not be the best example of FUE performed well but even back then, by sheers numbers he was able to exhibit a significant number of good to excellent results just be sheer volume. Probably more than some of the best FUE clinics you might point someone to now.

The fact remains however that the best results still being achieved are with FUT. Without doubt. Pick a top clinic or doc, the very best....Rahal, H&W, Feller, Shapiro , Konior, they will all agree that FUT has a much higher hit rate, their results invariably demonstrate this, indeed two out of this list don't even offer FUE.

Are they so entrenched in an outdated practice that they refuse to move on or do they just believe that better results are achieved through FUT?! I believe the latter.

Yes there are a handful of excellent FUE clinics but even they are aware of its limitations. I consulted with Bisanga, someone who probably has the most documented FUE cases on the internet, two years after my HT with Armani and he refused to recommend FUE for me. He said it would only thin out my donor even more and that I would likely get a much better result with FUT.

Mickey, Armani may not be the best example of FUE performed well but even back then, by sheers numbers he was able to exhibit a significant number of good to excellent results just be sheer volume. Probably more than some of the best FUE clinics you might point someone to now.

The fact remains however that the best results still being achieved are with FUT. Without doubt. Pick a top clinic or doc, the very best....Rahal, H&W, Feller, Shapiro , Konior, they will all agree that FUT has a much higher hit rate, their results invariably demonstrate this, indeed two out of this list don't even offer FUE.

Are they so entrenched in an outdated practice that they refuse to move on or do they just believe that better results are achieved through FUT?! I believe the latter.

Yes there are a handful of excellent FUE clinics but even they are aware of its limitations. I consulted with Bisanga, someone who probably has the most documented FUE cases on the internet, two years after my HT with Armani and he refused to recommend FUE for me. He said it would only thin out my donor even more and that I would likely get a much better result with FUT.

In regards to your question in bold, I believe that they think they just get better results from FUT and have no real reason to venture out and invest in new equipment and learn new techniques which initially will not yield as well as their FUT. Even when FUT was in its infancy the yield rate was not as high as it was now. Of course they aren't going to endanger their practice by venturing into new territory and tarnish their name by producing less than optimal results due to being unfamiliar with FUE.

Surgeons like Lorenzo, Dr C0le, Umar etc used to perform FUT and moved away from it, where no Doctor used to perform FUE and then moved exclusively to FUT. Dr. Diep recommends FUE on all but NW5-7 and calls it the future of hair transplantation. Dr. Feriduni recommends FUE on NW1-3 and even 4 if they have a good donor area and 50% of his practice is FUE.

The only limitation of FUE is the lesser yield and cost. I would gladly take the 10% less yield of FUE over the complications that can arise from strip which is much more invasive. No doctor can guarantee a good strip scar, not one. I'm not saying all FUE scars turn out great either but I have never seen anyones lives ruined by bad FUE scarring. That is not the case when it comes to bad strip scars, it is absolutely debilitating.

Edited by Mickey85

The Fue/Fut is a separate debate, and not the point I am making.

Slickers, Konior produces excellent work and he is very well know surgeon amongst his peers. He is perhaps not as well-known as he does not market himself as heavily as some others, but he is as talented as any I have seen.

I believe there are surgeons out there who are more than good enough to be members of the' Hair Transplant Network' listed surgeons. Dr Bisanga is one for example who does excellent Fue, with a lot of documented work online of consistent high quality and spoken highly of by all the recognised industry experts.

The video reminds me of a marketing video from an Armani campaign (though not as flashy). I dread to think how many people have been fooled by that video as on a personal level, I nearly did as I rang up the clinic before I started researching heavily.

It reminds me of one of those tacky adverts you get on the side of google for cosmetic surgery,' come to eastern Europe, get highly quality cheap fue surgery, accommodation and a free holiday'.

I don't think it is morally right to advocate a clinic, who has a dermatch model on the website,a clinic that is not even specialised in hair transplantation and provides a number of surgical procedures. They have never been on the radar, never investigated by leaders in the industry, no portfolio of clear, consistent pictures/videos of before and afters, and not a member of any of the most recognised hair transplant organisations where the surgeons have been carefully selected and screened. I am certain the moderators would agree on what I am stating if they would like to pass comment.

To disregard surgeons, whom a proportion of them are leaders & pioneers in the field, who have met the strict criteria to be members of this site in not just the strip procedure, but also in Fue in Western Europe and North America in favour of Turkey is wrong.

The clinic might be cheap, but you pay more money to get repaired, and have less hair in your donor supply to get the desired result.

If they want to be considered for membership, they should contact the moderators of this site and ask to present their work.

Edited by chrisdav

The fue/fut is a separate debate, and not the point I am making.

If they want to be a member, they should contact the moderators of this site and ask to present their work.

I don't think they ever expressed wanting to be a member on here, not sure. Regardless, it isn't against forum rules for Rob to post about his experience on this forum much like a Lorenzo patient can post about their experience and results on here. However posting promotional videos etc is not allowed if the Doctor is not recommended here which they have not done.

Mickey I don't wish to get into the whole FUT/ FUE debate. Its been done to death over the years. I agree with a lot of what you have to say, about clinics not wishing to take risks that may tarnish their reputations etc and this can indeed inhibit progress. My point however is that the reason it's such a risk is that FUE is still not producing the wow results that FUT is in my opinion. Do you not think that if it was, more docs would have made the transition by now? And it's not like it's a new procedure, it's been around for a good few years and those clinics still refuted as 'world class' are the ones which predominantly do FUT.

I don't think this is a coincidence. That Dr from Atlanta who shall remain nameless, Umar etc do produce some very good results but not in my view of the calibre or volume that the aforementioned clinics do. Who knows what the future holds. But here and now FUT, whatever its drawbacks, is still the gold standard in hair transplants and for that reason cannot be considered outdated or archaic.

Chrisdav, I think it's a question of interpretation. I didnt take Rob's comments as anymore than being pleased with his result and perhaps a bit overzealous with recommending his clinic for that reason. Lots of people do that. I think we agree on a lot here, all I'm saying is that his result and the video do not in isolation scream hair mill. The dermatch ad is an obvious concern and there are plenty of questions to answer but like I said, let's hear/ see more first.

Anyway spent enough of my Sunday debating hair issues. Peace out :cool:

I strongly agree with Chrisdav. Following the price will make you end up with a bigger bill for just getting repaired. Also top docs like Feller stated strongly that FUT has better yield than FUE as the only downside of FUT is the stupid smiley scar at the back of your head. Once you get a strip you should vow to continue the battle as you cant just quit and have your head shaved. However remember that a strip scar can be repaired but a FUE scarring can never be. So if you ever think of going FUE then make sure you chose the damn right surgeon. Outside the US, I would trust these three (FERIDUNI, MWAMBA AND BISANGA) from Belgium. However you are more protected with the first two as they are members of HTN and IAHRS so you would be more protected if anything went wrong unlike Bisanga where you should go personal with him in. That is my personal opinion Bro...

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]