Compare three surgeons

Dublin

Bisanga-Levrais result is split over 2 procedures of 2000 grafts each, and not all in one day which is not valid and different to a large session.

Rahal 3000 Sean- He is unhappy with yield and who will not reply to emails, and this is one of the cases I was referring to out of the sample of 5 in the last year.

The 2 De Reys results are the same person, and that result has not yielded particularly well in comparison to strip cases I have seen of that size that I see consistently from the top clinics. He would have had a better result from having 5000 grafts from H&W or Rahal etc.

Dognay- He has not been screened and is presenting some work on here at the moment.

One result does not prove consistency. It might have taken him ten procedures to get that good one.

Umar- One of the result is not taken in consistent lighting. Lighting makes all the difference hence why I took all my pictures in broad day light. Lighting makes all the difference with before and after pictures, and the experts in the industry will tell you that.

Feriduni- This is a good result I admit and he is a great surgeon, but that is a result the clinic posted. A clinic can pick & choose their best results they display.

When you add the other 3 patients I have mentioned, a 50% strike is not something I would advocate to someone.

I don't personally think the prohairclinic result is particularly impressive, but he has extensive balding.

The pictures you have presented for your procedure have not been taken in broad day light like mine have or under harsh lighting. If I wanted to, I could go indoors like you have and take my pictures in certain lighting to make them look ten times better than I have shown.

There is probably a couple on there that are valid. That is it,and I would not deem that a success or something to advocate strongly.

Why don't you post some from the clinic you went to? I am sure you must have seen hundreds of before & afters, and met several patients whom would be willing to post on here.

Having surgery is not like buying a second hand car. The cheaper altenatives in general do not work, and are not consistent. It is not fair to sell something that may only work 65% of the time against something that works 95% of the time.

Edited by chrisdav

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As i said Chrisdacv, i haven't had time to go through them, just did a quick search for XXXX FUE

When you say "he has not been screened", what do you mean here? You mean is is not medically qualified, or he hasn't paid to be a coalition member on here? and do you have evidence that he did perform 9 bad large FUE sessions before he 'got lucky' with his 10th good one?

With regard to lighting, i see no difference in these pictures to any other posted on here by patients or surgeon, i think are nitpicking a bit here.

In relation to mine, wow, you are now having a stab at my results too! :rolleyes: I have pictures in daylights, some under un natural light, some with a flash, some without a flash, some with different styling products in. Not sure what else i can do?!?

I'll try and get some different pics up in different lights for you so you can have a look at mine. I'll also email you the link to the website for the company i used as there are some before and afters on there (including me as i allowed them to use my images).

Even then i'm sure you'll dispute the results as a one off or something similar.

As i always say (as do most others), it's not necessarily the technique that gets the results, it's the person/s performing the technique. Just because someone is good at FUT, doesn't make them good at FUE and vice versa.

As i have repeatedly said before, i have seen good and bad FUT and FUE, but the results for FUE are getting better all the time and i personally think they are now up there with FUT, though those (clearly yourself, a FUT patient) disagree and so be it.

Which questions was it again you said i had avoided? You didn't specify. Let me know and i'll try and answer them as best i can for you.

Rob

2800 FUE, Istanbul

Mickey, not all of those results shown are all done on one day. The sessions have been spaced out over longer periods of time.

Additionally, I remember Jotronic talking about spanish patients have arguably the best hair characteristics for transplantation. I know H&W have met up with Lorenzo as it states on their website

Maybe Jotronic can comment.

You asked "Where are all these successful big FUE results?" so I replied in kind :) I didn't mean to show you any 5,000 graft FUE sessions in one day. I personally think 3,000 should be the limit in one day. Your responses have either implied(strongly) or out rightly stated that 3,000(or big) FUE sessions do not work for the most part. I gave you reference to about 100 that did work out. Jotronic meant that Spaniards have high donor density and can handle 7,000 grafts via FUE without significant cosmetic effect to the donor. I'm merely talking about a successful single 3,000 FUE session, most people of any race would be candidates for a 3,000 FUE session.

Edited by Mickey85

Rob, I have heard both procedures FUE & FUT, so I don't really favour either. I just don't look through rose-coloured glasses when I weigh all the positives & negatives up.

I am not having a stab at your results. Your hair looks like it is coming on very well, but lighting & flash make all the difference. I will not dispute it if it is consistent. I would not wish a bad result on anyone, as I have had it happen to me.

I heard that arguement countless times. It often comes from the surgeons who were never that good at strip surgery before they tried their hand in FUE and still don't get results that match the best. Logic would suggest that the surgeons whom did have the best results from one procedure would make the smoothest transition to another.

The results I think will improve but the consistency is not quite there yet,and that is why there is still huge disagreement in this industry about this as for example Dr Bernstein has mentioned in the past.

We will have to agree to disagree as I am sure we could argue all night.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

When you say "he has not been screened", what do you mean here?

You mean is is not medically qualified, or he hasn't paid to be a coalition member on here?

So is that it? Are you implying any doctor can simply "pay to be a coalition member" no matter

what the skill level is and everything is hunky-dory? I say that's a crock...what says you?

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Yes again, you are on a FUE bashing and pro FUT quest. As previously stated, i am thrilled you have had a great FUT experience with Feller but constantly discounting anything other than this surgeon or procedure is getting a little boring. (see previous responses to your posts).

Enjoy the reading.

Funny that he literally said in the post before you how much he rates two other doctors. He's always replying and paying respects to the work of numerous surgeons and their results.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

So is that it? Are you implying any doctor can simply "pay to be a coalition member" no matter

what the skill level is and everything is hunky-dory? I say that's a crock...what says you?

Ummm I think you should reread the whole thing and actually ask Chrisdav that the same question because he actually brought up the 'prescreened' thing basically saying that because that Doctor had not been prescreened, that his results are rendered void.

Dublin, if all this FUT/ FUE stuff is confusing, and like many others now you're bored with the debate, just simplify it like this. Research as many hair restorations as you can with patients of similar level of baldness to you. Do not limit yourself to this website. As tremendous a resource as it is, Rob and Mickey are absolutely correct, there are many excellent surgeons / clinics that are not coalition doctors and that have results elsewhere.

Shortlist those clinics that have dozens/ scores of clear, well documented, excellent results for your needs both by clinics and the patients themselves. Then conclude from the surgery involved what is right for you considering cost, no. of sessions etc.

My opinion is that your shortlist will be predominantly FUT only clinics or clinics that do both but would recommend FUT in your case, that's if you're even a candidate.

Best of luck.